Series S is 50/50 in sales with Series X, Cod Bro Chav xbox gamers buy digital 90% in the UK

Shocking numbers.

Series S being 'at least' 50/50 with Series X when S's have been know to rot on shelves lead me to believe that series X is being produced in extremely small numbers.

realistically, the graphically intensive xbox is a niche product and the majority of the 6 or 7 million Series consoles are gimped 1080p machines.

OH MY GOD! :rofls:

• Haha 1

I wonder if Microsoft could make a blu-ray drive add-on for the Series S.

Like anything they can do to help improve sales.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if there are loser lemmings who already paid for the $500 Series X at launch, and they're trying to get ahold of the Halo-colored Series X right now.

.......like youknowwho.

11 hours ago, TLHBO said:

You’d have to be a complete fucking retard to buy digital on consoles too. The games always cost more and have no value.

I'm guilty of having bought digital games day 1 which for some reason cost as much as a physical copy. It's kind of fucking ridiculous. 

MS is attracting the cheapest kind of consumers with Gamepass. I'm not surprised, I said a while ago it would be better for MS to provide a Gamepass box at the cheapest price possible, they have no reason to pursue the typical consoles market and trying to compete with Sony by offering a premium classic product.

18 minutes ago, Ramza said:

MS is attracting the cheapest kind of consumers with Gamepass. I'm not surprised, I said a while ago it would be better for MS to provide a Gamepass box at the cheapest price possible, they have no reason to pursue the typical consoles market and trying to compete with Sony by offering a premium classic product.

seems like the X is just so the hardcore xbox gamers don't jump ship to playstation..yet. (although they should, they'd be better served there).

but it goes to show how MS did give up on being the market leader and #1 console. they never did expect to win the enthusiasts this time.

Series S - the streaming 1080p digital only gamepass budget gamer welfare machine - is their focus.

xbox is on the way out.

called it!

Edited by B C
4 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm guilty of having bought digital games day 1 which for some reason cost as much as a physical copy. It's kind of fucking ridiculous. 

Do you remember when the industry originally started pushing digital distribution? And they told us games would be cheaper because there’s nothing to manufacturer and no physical distribution needed? Because I remember and its been a complete fucking lie since day one.

At least you’re only paying “as much” most games cost more digitally here. It’s really quite simple at retail there’s competition so prices go down, on xbox and playstation there’s no competition so usually games are full RRP the vast majority if the time.

Sales are a little better now but the 360 and ps3 era was ridiculous. Just full £60 permanently while retail was throwing the games out at less than half the price.

15 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Do you remember when the industry originally started pushing digital distribution? And they told us games would be cheaper because there’s nothing to manufacturer and no physical distribution needed? Because I remember and its been a complete fucking lie since day one.

At least you’re only paying “as much” most games cost more digitally here. It’s really quite simple at retail there’s competition so prices go down, on xbox and playstation there’s no competition so usually games are full RRP the vast majority if the time.

Sales are a little better now but the 360 and ps3 era was ridiculous. Just full £60 permanently while retail was throwing the games out at less than half the price.

Yeah, on paper not having to physically produce and ship a game is cheaper but on the flip side they weren't going to cannibalize their physical game sales with that method. 

The main reasoning was to kneecap resales of games. If you own a digital game, you don't have any further value in selling the game or giving it to someone else.