Battlefield GS Review In Progress 8.0 lowered to 7.0 final score

So the guy played the game for 14 hours at a review event, before the public got their hands on it and decided it was worthy of a 8

Then the game comes out, everyone is outraged, and he decides to lower the score to a 7 after playing for just a few more hours, citing bugs as the main reason

So why weren't the bugs an issue originally? Why did they become such a focus once other people started bitching about them? The guy basically lowered the score because of other peoples' backlash instead of going off of his own experience

GS blows.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

So the guy played the game for 14 hours at a review event, before the public got their hands on it and decided it was worthy of a 8

Then the game comes out, everyone is outraged, and he decides to lower the score to a 7 after playing for just a few more hours, citing bugs as the main reason

So why weren't the bugs an issue originally? Why did they become such a focus once other people started bitching about them? The guy basically lowered the score because of other peoples' backlash instead of going off of his own experience

GS blows.

GS blows because they waited to publish a final score until they tested it in the real world, and not right after after a highly controlled review event? lol

Just now, Quad Damage said:

GS blows because they waited to publish a final score until they tested it in the real world, and not right after after a highly controlled review event? lol

There were connection/server issues at the review event, that extended through the early access period. In fact the game at release is actually more stable than it was during the review period, so it makes no sense for the score to go down.

Just had a match where I was dogfighting this chopper and we were weaving in and around the skyscrapers on the urban map. As I chased him around the glass on the skyscrapers was being shattered by our weapons until I finally managed to blow him up before he was able to round the corner again. The whole experience was epic and like something out of an action movie :wow2: this game owns every other MP shooter even if it feels like it was programmed in a Chinese sweatshop at times

Dogfight.thumb.jpg.a0ee6b8e18afa09e0aa243ba1da6ce83.jpg

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

GS blows.

Cry me a river :awww:

52 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

:holeup:

BFV still looks great, but most of this video is comparing it with the remade 1942 assets, which aren't exactly pushing any boundaries. When it comes to the base game the 128 players, significantly larger maps, and weather events like the tornado make it far more impressive. The one downside is that the maps are definitely a bit sparse, and not as detailed as they could have been. That was a necessary sacrifice for the increased scale im guessing.

Once they finally drop last gen consoles and go 100% in on current gen, I think we'll see some more impressive stuff though.

This is why I always avoid these type of multiplayer FPS games at launch. You wait like a year and it becomes a bargain bin $20 purchase with additional content, no bugs and fully working online functionalities. Also, a better community that knows the game.

I played BF1 for the first time this year and it was still pretty awesome. I could go back to playing it right now and it cost me like 6 dollars. Lots of hacker though. 

55 minutes ago, Ramza said:

This is why I always avoid these type of multiplayer FPS games at launch. You wait like a year and it becomes a bargain bin $20 purchase with additional content, no bugs and fully working online functionalities. Also, a better community that knows the game.

I played BF1 for the first time this year and it was still pretty awesome. I could go back to playing it right now and it cost me like 6 dollars. Lots of hacker though. 

Game will be fine by January/February. They've already fixed a bunch of stuff in the first 2-3 weeks since early access.

25 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Game will be fine by January or February. 

March at most. but the game is already in a good state if you can deal with the bugs and endure some of the bizarre design decisions. I've already put more time into it than BFV and its only been 3 weeks

image.png.1ca6acc79eac6263f2700276e5e5792d.png

image.png.7f6c378c085e3e3edf53f5db4c5e7aed.png