I think I just found the best Oculus Quest 2 game. Or hell, VR in general.

26 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@ghostz

By the way there's a demo for a game called Journey of the Gods, it's similar to a Legend of Zelda game. It looks quite nice by Oculus Quest standards with it's cell shading graphics. I don't know about the full game but I plan of buying it at some point. Demo is a bit too short to get a good grasp of the game but it's promising.

I’ll give it a try, thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's like Resident Evil, Silent Hill and Killer 7 all mixed into one game. The art design and sound are cooler than any other VR I've ever played, this might just turn out to be something special. 

i dig the art style.

The Quest 2 is the last one i'd ever consider getting. Facebook is shit and im not going to be forced to make an account and have all the games I buy be tied to it.

On 2021-11-30 at 4:01 PM, Twinblade said:

The Quest 2 is the last one i'd ever consider getting. Facebook is shit and im not going to be forced to make an account and have all the games I buy be tied to it.

I just followed a guide on how to open up developer mode and download Windows drivers to connect the Quest 2 to my PC.

And then basically a Loader app that already connects to a server in which people have almost every single imaginable Quest store game cracked and ready to download.

So I just went ahead and found RE4 VR and downloaded it and installed it. I had trouble finding the game file at first, but saw that the headset  had a category for "unknown apps" and found the game and ran it from there. It worked beautifully.

@Ramza did you know about this? I can find and install the game you recommended, right now if I wanted to.

On 2021-11-30 at 10:01 PM, Twinblade said:

Same. I'm not into VR but if I gave one a shot I'd rather have a technically inferior device or pay out the ass for the best than use anything connected to Facecuck. Avoid them at all costs.

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

I just followed a guide on how to open up developer mode and download Windows drivers to connect the Quest 2 to my PC.

And then basically a Loader app that already connects to a server in which people have almost every single imaginable Quest store game cracked and ready to download.

So I just went ahead and found RE4 VR and downloaded it and installed it. I had trouble finding the game file at first, but saw that the headset  had a category for "unknown apps" and found the game and ran it from there. It worked beautifully.

@Ramza did you know about this? I can find and install the game you recommended, right now if I wanted to.

You mean sidequest?

I'd feel bad not paying for VR games but it's tempting. Sidequest actually sell games though, it has a free official release of Pavlov that you can't find on the store and things like that but it's legal, devs actually use it to sell their games.

Have you tried RE4?

36 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You mean sidequest?

I'd feel bad not paying for VR games but it's tempting. Sidequest actually sell games though, it has a free official release of Pavlov that you can't find on the store and things like that but it's legal, devs actually use it to sell their games.

Have you tried RE4?

@Loader through FFAIO software package.

Its a shockingly easy to use program, once you have it running.

yeah I tried RE4. I must admit I am not fully satisfied with their movement scheme, then again I was sitting down instead of stand.  To turn, it changes the camera angle to the left or right by about  30 degrees. Its not an analog turn.

I am not fully used to the equipping gun and knife scheme where you have to reach over to the side of your body to pull out the item. I need some practice on that.

But it is quite immersive, and run really smooth. Its not like the regular versions where you don't mind the enemies getting closer to you. I really did not want them to get close to me, so you make more of an effort to create space between you and them.

Read up on some Best Of lists, and got A Fisherman's Tale, I Expect You To Die 1 and 2, Vader Immortal Episodes, Moss, Pistol Whip, The Room VR, Tetris Effect, and SuperHot VR

Edited by jehurey
13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

@Loader through FFAIO software package.

Its a shockingly easy to use program, once you have it running.

yeah I tried RE4. I must admit I am not fully satisfied with their movement scheme, then again I was sitting down instead of stand.  To turn, it changes the camera angle to the left or right by about  30 degrees. Its not an analog turn.

I am not fully used to the equipping gun and knife scheme where you have to reach over to the side of your body to pull out the item. I need some practice on that.

But it is quite immersive, and run really smooth. Its not like the regular versions where you don't mind the enemies getting closer to you. I really did not want them to get close to me, so you make more of an effort to create space between you and them.

Read up on some Best Of lists, and got A Fisherman's Tale, I Expect You To Die 1 and 2, Vader Immortal Episodes, Moss, Pistol Whip, The Room VR, Tetris Effect, and SuperHot VR

There's no smooth turning in RE4? Yuck.

That's a decent list, I've played them all except Vader Immortal and I Expect You To Die 2. Moss, Pistol Whip and Superhot VR are must play experiences.

I'm guessing since you didn't buy them on the store you don't get the PCVR version for the Oculus Rift store, right? I'm asking because your PC would run all those games maxed out quite easily. Standalone Oculus Quest is like the Gameboy of virtual gaming.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

There's no smooth turning in RE4? Yuck.

That's a decent list, I've played them all except Vader Immortal and I Expect You To Die 2. Moss, Pistol Whip and Superhot VR are must play experiences.

I'm guessing since you didn't buy them on the store you don't get the PCVR version for the Oculus Rift store, right? I'm asking because your PC would run all those games maxed out quite easily. Standalone Oculus Quest is like the Gameboy of virtual gaming.

I downloaded the Oculus versions of those games, loaded into the headset's storage.

I have only tried RE4 and Tetris Effect so far.

The software package comes with another program that loads cracked PCVR games onto the PC, I presume. I haven't tested it yet.

And its like, just about every damn type of game available.

• Upvote 1

I tried the other app, Rclone browser I believe its called, and since I wanted to test something quick and easy I found and downloaded the Batman VR

There wasn't even an installer, it was just the zip containing the contents folder and the binary folder with the executable. And apparently its not meant to work Oculus Touch controllers, so there was this other 7zip file that had a quick readme and two ini files, and it just said to drop those two files in a certain folder and it will work with the Oculus controller.

then I downloaded the Oculus desktop program, and turned on Air Link, took some 10 minutes of trial and error to get things to recognize each other.

But once I got in the game, it was pretty bloody brilliant. It looked really crisp, and only after I finished the "game" (like 90 minutes) did I realize that I hadn't even turned up the graphics settings all the way. I never bought the game for the PSVR because I had seen giantbomb's demo of the game was not very good.

I guess I'll try their cracked version of Half Life Alyx, start downloading that now.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, jehurey said:

I tried the other app, Rclone browser I believe its called, and since I wanted to test something quick and easy I found and downloaded the Batman VR

There wasn't even an installer, it was just the zip containing the contents folder and the binary folder with the executable. And apparently its not meant to work Oculus Touch controllers, so there was this other 7zip file that had a quick readme and two ini files, and it just said to drop those two files in a certain folder and it will work with the Oculus controller.

then I downloaded the Oculus desktop program, and turned on Air Link, took some 10 minutes of trial and error to get things to recognize each other.

But once I got in the game, it was pretty bloody brilliant. It looked really crisp, and only after I finished the "game" (like 90 minutes) did I realize that I hadn't even turned up the graphics settings all the way. I never bought the game for the PSVR because I had seen giantbomb's demo of the game was not very good.

I guess I'll try their cracked version of Half Life Alyx, start downloading that now.

You should try to get HL Alyx, Medal of Honor, Lone Echo and Boneworks. Probably top 4 best visuals in VR games.

That or any recent flatscreen game that got a VR port.

Edited by Ramza

i'm having some trouble with setting up Half Life Alex to run within Steam VR, gotta work out those kinks, but I am getting to the main screen, so I am shocked that Steam doesn't block it.

I have Saints and Sinners installed, I'm gonna try that next.

@jehurey

I just played a little bit of RE4 and it's really cool. I don't think it looks crystal sharp but it's a decent resolution/graphics fidelity nonetheless. The gameplay actually works well in VR because of how the enemies reacts depending on where you shot them. It makes for satisfying gunplay, it is far easier to do than in the regular game though.

It's far from being the best VR game like IGN would like to proclaim but it's definitely one of the best experience you can have running natively on the Oculus Quest 2 headset. Hell, I'm surprised it works as well as it does, the reloading mechanics are really nice and easy. This is a great port without a doubt.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@jehurey

I just played a little bit of RE4 and it's really cool. I don't think it looks crystal sharp but it's a decent resolution/graphics fidelity nonetheless. The gameplay actually works well in VR because of how the enemies reacts depending on where you shot them. It makes for satisfying gunplay, it is far easier to do than in the regular game though.

It's far from being the best VR game like IGN would like to proclaim but it's definitely one of the best experience you can have running natively on the Oculus Quest 2 headset. Hell, I'm surprised it works as well as it does, the reloading mechanics are really nice and easy. This is a great port without a doubt.

because I have little experience with other VR games in which you switch out items by reaching to your side, I had some troubles getting used to it.

Also, I'm still a bit of a scaredy-cat playing RE4, I get tense, and I always get this dreaded feeling that the enemy is going to be right behind me, so I always want to move so I can create distance.

I was sitting down, and people should really be standing up so that you can simply turn around and hit the thumbstick to move in that direction.

Just now, jehurey said:

because I have little experience with other VR games in which you switch out items by reaching to your side, I had some troubles getting used to it.

Also, I'm still a bit of a scaredy-cat playing RE4, I get tense, and I always get this dreaded feeling that the enemy is going to be right behind me, so I always want to move so I can create distance.

I was sitting down, and people should really be standing up so that you can simply turn around and hit the thumbstick to move in that direction.

You'll get used to that, especially if you play TWD Saints and Sinners. Handling your inventory real time will become second nature. I choose the other option though, left trigger changes weapon to knife, it's actually pretty easy that way.

I was sitting down too, you need to put camera movement with smooth turning, then it plays pretty much like any shooter in VR. Left thumbstick for movement, right thumbstick for camera, it works better than the flatscreen movement set, imo. I got used to it almost instantly.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

other software that's been cracked are SkyboxVR and PigasusVR for watching VR videos.

So...eh......I, uh....had to test that out.:trump3:

:D I could not do that with a PSVR... It's actually pretty cool. Seeing my favorite actress almost real life like was pretty awesome to witness. :smug: 

Sometimes the scaling is totally off though, bitch looks like a fucking giant. lmao