Went back to Android for the first time in 2 years..

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apple is dated shit. 

I “remember” Android being slightly better than ios.   But trying it out again, I can safely say this is FAR better than ios   Ghostzhbr

Who the fuck is still with Apple in 2021

One of the things that bugged me was how on Android if you wanted to transfer music you just connected a usb and it was drag and drop. On ios you have to install and set up Apple's proprietary Itunes bullshit. There's no excuse for that.

You see this pattern persist throughout the os

On Android you can have any browser, real Chrome, Firefox etc but on ios everything has to use the same engine as Safari

On Android you can use any browser for PWAs. On ios only the almighty Safari is allowed to do it.

On Android you can make an app like Signal the default messaging app. On ios only imessage is allowed to take that spot.

Apple makes their own software king and intentionally cripples rival software to remain dominant. I'm surprised they haven't been sued yet. Apple doesn't even have to broadcast its apps privacy/data requirements like all the other apps oj the store, they just hide them somewhere in the website.

This isn't even touching on the fact that if Apple says an app can no longer be on Iphone then its gone. No redownload, no installing from external sources, nothing.

I'm no fan of Google but at least you can install and create your own versions of Android, or even on stock android install a repository like F-Droid and get apps that directly compete Googles or even apps that do youtube with no ads.

Android vs Ios is like PC vs console. Ios looks more uniform and sometimes a little less jank but its locked down with no freedom and the user can't do shit about anything.

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

Who the fuck is transferring music to their phone in 2021? :mj:

See I knew you woulf say that. Lets ignore everything else for a second...

Why can't I transfer files? Apple kind of lets you, you just need to make sure you install their little service first likena good consumer.

I got rid of Spotify because it's a terrible company. I have plenty of CDs around, why shouldn't I transfer some? Rathwr than being forced to pay some bullshit Apple or Spotify subscription service every month?

Because Apple.

Apple says it's not cool so we can't do that anymore. Its funny how often that happens. Always tends to end up with the end user needing to spend money in some way, funny how that works.

You want to know whaf is funny? Bragging about your uber powerful portable computer i.e your new iphone when it's locked down and you can't do shit with the software. Even PS3 let you use another os back in 2006 :mj:

Who the fuck still uses Safari in 2021? Who uses Imessage in 2021?

Its like your entire opinion of Apple comes from their marketing. I'm not surptised that you're all over Xbox game pass too. "You'll own nothing and be happy" as the saying goes, just endless subscription fees for eternity

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

See I knew you woulf say that. Lets ignore everything else for a second...

Why can't I transfer files? Apple kind of lets you, you just need to make sure you install their little service first likena good consumer.

I got rid of Spotify because it's a terrible company. I have plenty of CDs around, why shouldn't I transfer some? Rathwr than being forced to pay some bullshit Apple or Spotify subscription service every month?

Because Apple.

Apple says it's not cool so we can't do that anymore. Its funny how often that happens. Always tends to end up with the end user needing to spend money in some way, funny how that works.

You want to know whaf is funny? Bragging about your uber powerful portable computer i.e your new iphone when it's locked down and you can't do shit with the software. Even PS3 let you use another os back in 2006 :mj:

Who the fuck still uses Safari in 2021? Who uses Imessage in 2021?

Its like your entire opinion of Apple comes from their marketing. I'm not surptised that you're all over Xbox game pass too. "You'll own nothing and be happy" as the saying goes, just endless subscription fees for eternity

You realize you can just use Dropbox, right retard? 

Either way, talk about a retarded “flex”. Streaming is undoubted easier. When was the last time you bought a cd? No spatial audio either. Yuck 

iMessage and safari are the leading platforms in both categories in the USA. 

Edited by ghostz
24 minutes ago, ghostz said:

You realize you can just use Dropbox, right retard? 

Either way, talk about a retarded “flex”. Streaming is undoubted easier. When was the last time you bought a cd? No spatial audio either. Yuck 

iMessage and safari are the leading platforms in both categories in the USA. 

Imagine being this retarded and then trying to call others a retard :D

Why can't I just drag and drop? What if I want music on my phone? What if I want to back up photos off my phone? Why cant I just connect to another device why am I having to set up new services like itunes or dropbox? Because thats exactly what I had to do  fuck around with cloud storage just to bypass itunes.

Its all about Apple locking you into their ecosystem but you're too retarded to see this. Locking you into their ecosystem or stifling other apps so Apples retains the advantage  they do it over and over and over again and you make excuses for it every time.

It says something when Google and even Microsoft, Microsoft aren't as controlling or restrictive as Apple is. If Apple were charging less it wouldn't be as bad but they actually charge far more for a much more limited system.

Suckers like you are exactly why these companies spend billions on marketing. The Apple ad said it so it must be true! :lemming:

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

Imagine being this retarded and then trying to call others a retard :D

Why can't I just drag and drop? What if I want music on my phone? What if I want to back up photos off my phone? Why cant I just connect to another device why am I having to set up new services like itunes or dropbox? Because thats exactly what I had to do  fuck around with cloud storage just to bypass itunes.

Its all about Apple locking you into their ecosystem but you're too retarded to see this. Locking you into their ecosystem or stifling other apps so Apples retains the advantage  they do it over and over and over again and you make excuses for it every time.

It says something when Google and even Microsoft, Microsoft aren't as controlling or restrictive as Apple is. If Apple were charging less it wouldn't be as bad but they actually charge far more for a much more limited system.

Suckers like you are exactly why these companies spend billions on marketing. The Apple ad said it so it must be true! :lemming:

Get a MacBook and you can. :blessed:

I doubt you even have an Android now, which makes this all the more funny. :hehe:

2 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Yes thats the point, now you get it. They create problems and then provide the solutions. They want you fully in their ecosystem.

Fuck Apple. Its for :fag:Forza fans anyway, everytime you open up the app store they're promoting some LGBT bullshit, and fuck Tim Crook, the man is a liar and a hypocrite.

MacBooks are best for most things outside of gaming, so you should have one anyway. :blessed:

• NPC 1
1 hour ago, ghostz said:

MacBooks are best for most things outside of gaming, so you should have one anyway. :blessed:

LOL nobody is trying to measure what is best at "regular computer functions":hest:

You just tried to boast that a highly overpriced laptop is "the best" for everything that all laptops regularly do.

Except all those other ones can do simple drag and drop, and the Macbook apparently can't.

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

LOL nobody is trying to measure what is best at "regular computer functions":hest:

You just tried to boast that a highly overpriced laptop is "the best" for everything that all laptops regularly do.

Except all those other ones can do simple drag and drop, and the Macbook apparently can't.

MacBooks are rated the number one laptop in the world. They’re hardly overpriced. In fact, probably under priced when looking at performance. :vince:

and you’re right, we don’t drag and drop. Shit transfers wirelessly :smoke:

little does  TLHBO you’ve been able to transfer mp3s (pointless feature) wirelessly for years 

Edited by ghostz
2 hours ago, ghostz said:

MacBooks are rated the number one laptop in the world.

No, they're not.

LOL, Windows has had phone link for years for transferring files wirelessly as well.

You prove his point every time..........you try to take something that is COMMON, and when Apple does it try to boast about it as an amazing thing.

Its funny watching you do that, because you're basically demonstrating how little you know, and we're all just watching you and chuckling.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

No, they're not.

LOL, Windows has had phone link for years for transferring files wirelessly as well.

You prove his point every time..........you try to take something that is COMMON, and when Apple does it try to boast about it as an amazing thing.

Its funny watching you do that, because you're basically demonstrating how little you know, and we're all just watching you and chuckling.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/21250695/best-laptops

:blessed:

4 hours ago, ghostz said:

MacBooks are rated the number one laptop in the world. They’re hardly overpriced. In fact, probably under priced when looking at performance. :vince:

and you’re right, we don’t drag and drop. Shit transfers wirelessly :smoke:

little does  TLHBO you’ve been able to transfer mp3s (pointless feature) wirelessly for years 

How do you do that?

Because everything I see tells me I need to either

1) Install itunes

2) Use cloud storage (coincidentally Apple automatically enrolls you and turns on their cloud storage for you)

3) Use third party software.

7 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

How do you do that?

Because everything I see tells me I need to either

1) Install itunes

2) Use cloud storage (coincidentally Apple automatically enrolls you and turns on their cloud storage for you)

3) Use third party software.

Why are you complaining about using 3rd party software when you listed it as a highlight  for Android. Lmao. 

Anyway, thru air drop, which has been around since 2011 for apple users. Windows did adopt it almost a decade later in 2018 for windows 10.