Went back to Android for the first time in 2 years..

4 hours ago, TLHBO said:

Ok firstly we should have a disclaimer, if you check the profile of that guy that's a lot of articles about Apple devices. Clearly this is a fan of Apple products giving their opinion on why they think Apple is better for the average user.

I can't say I agree with the points he makes. I think, at least for what I would define as the average user, that Android would be able to do whatever they need to do and for most of them do it at a much, much cheaper price. I think your average user just wants to browse the web, use facebook, whatever messenger is most popular in their region i.e. whatsapp or Line, and generally use most of the common apps. There's going to be little difference on either os for the average user which is generally why Android has a bigger install base.

On the points he makes about customization, it seems he's defining customization as hacking and rooting and it's true most won't care about that.

But I ask do most care about the point he makes as to how good Apple's ecosystem is? if we're judging the best phone for the average user then why should Mac compatibility be taken into consideration when the "average user" probably isn't going to own a Mac? they'll likely either have a Windows PC/Laptop or Android tablet or just a smartphone.

On the subject of privacy does that really matter for the average user when they're going to bloat their phone full of tracking apps like Facebook, Whatsapp, Ebay, Amazon etc anyway? shit they probably use Facebook, Google or Apple logins anyway.

On one hand he's saying the average user doesn't care about customization which is fair enough, but later he's talking about how you can write a document on mac and sign it with the iphone touchscreen.....does the average user really care? I doubt it.

It's a moot point anyway as I don't think any of us have ever arguing about which is better for the average user. I'm saying Android is better due to being free and open source, you're often talking about Iphones power. We're tech nerds who each have our own reason for choosing one over the other. Mine is to get away from big tech especially the worst of them and ironically Android lets me do that.

Drunk at the bar but acknowledging receipt. Unlike Jerry you actually speak good points tho- will respond tmr 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Apple is dated shit. 

I “remember” Android being slightly better than ios.   But trying it out again, I can safely say this is FAR better than ios   Ghostzhbr

Who the fuck is still with Apple in 2021

11 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Drunk at the bar but acknowledging receipt. Unlike Jerry you actually speak good points tho- will respond tmr 

nope, you'll just avoid them after you lose this argument as well.

like all the other ones in this thread. LOL

we can already picture you attempting the topic change, now.

Edited by jehurey
43 minutes ago, jehurey said:

nope, you'll just avoid them after you lose this argument as well.

like all the other ones in this thread. LOL

we can already picture you attempting the topic change, now.

You lost the second you said you don’t want to challenge the iPhone being the best. 

Just now, ghostz said:

You lost the second you said you don’t want to challenge the iPhone being the best. 

Nope, you lost the second you tried to CHANGE THE SUBJECT over to that.

Didn't work then..........still doesn't work now.:hest:

I love how you still keep on trying.

10 hours ago, jehurey said:

Nope, you lost the second you tried to CHANGE THE SUBJECT over to that.

Didn't work then..........still doesn't work now.:hest:

I love how you still keep on trying.

I didn’t change the subject, I’ve remained adamant that the iPhone is best, all thread long. :blessed:

6 hours ago, ghostz said:

I didn’t change the subject, I’ve remained adamant that the iPhone is best, all thread long. :blessed:

And you still hadn't responding to TLHBO.

:hest:I said you would be avoiding.......and you are.  Called it.