Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Weekly jobless claims falls to the lowest level in more than 52 years

21 hours ago, DynamiteCop said:

No they're not, unemployment benefits are expiring as people not working have depleted their allotments.

:danylol:

Right right... So this is the first time in 52 years people ran out of their unemployment allotments right? :dc:

Fucking dumb ass :lawl:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2022-02-18 at 11:08 PM, Ramza said:

I'm no expert but it's never been easier to get a job since there's a shortage of workers in just about every field imaginable.

A shortage of workers in every field right now would mean the unemployment numbers would be through the roof, but it's not..... So what does that the you? 

21 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

A shortage of workers in every field right now would mean the unemployment numbers would be through the roof, but it's not..... So what does that the you? 

That's not how it works. You can have the lowest unemployment ever and still have a worker shortage to fill in positions. If you want to argue the reasoning, it can be explained by the population demographic getting older and not enough workers from the new generation to fill in the gaps. That's just one aspect, there's a multitude of reasons why this is happening. 

There is a shortage of laborers in North America and there has never been that many jobs available at the same time. Those are pretty much universally accepted facts. 

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That's not how it works. You can have the lowest unemployment ever and still have a worker shortage to fill in positions. If you want to argue the reasoning, it can be explained by the population demographic getting older and not enough workers from the new generation to fill in the gaps. That's just one aspect, there's a multitude of reasons why this is happening. 

There is a shortage of laborers in North America and there has never been that many jobs available at the same time. Those are pretty much universally accepted facts. 

There are a few fields with shortages, but it's not widespread as you claim.  

Any factor you list that is not pandemic related is a factor that has been there since before the pandemic and applied to all unemployment, job numbers etc metrics that were measured pre pandemic. 

Then once you factor in the pandemic etc... And with with everything factored in the numbers were historically good. 

Spin it how ever you like. 

Edited by Goukosan
2 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

There are a few fields with shortages, but it's not widespread as you claim.  

Any factor you list that is not pandemic related is a factor that has been there since before the pandemic and applied to all unemployment, job numbers etc metrics that were measured pre pandemic. 

Then once you factor in the pandemic etc... And with with that factored in the numbers were historically good. 

Spin it how ever you like. 

It is here in Canada. I'd need to look at it more in the US but from what I've heard, it's not different. Wages are up because there's a shortages.

I'm not spinning anything. It's a fact that with more jobs available usually comes a lower unemployment rate and the opposite is also true.

1 hour ago, Goukosan said:

This thread is about the US

Yeah and I've heard multiple reports of workers shortages in the US, which is part of the reason why wages are up. I'm just saying, no need to to try and isolate something I've said out of context to make you feel better but that's the SW leftist favorite tactic it seems. Sit down.

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yeah and I've heard multiple reports of workers shortages in the US, which is part of the reason why wages are up. I'm just saying, no need to to try and isolate something I've said out of context to make you feel better but that's the SW leftist favorite tactic it seems. Sit down.

You literally said that's happening in Canada and you still have to research what's going on in America... Those were your words doofus.  

"I've heard Multiple reports of worker shortages"... What reports? Actual factual data? Post it. 

Yes some sectors have shortages because of obvious reason of us recovering from a pandemic, it's not widespread to every sector. 

Overall, the number of employed people in America has averaged 58% - 59% for the past decade.  The low point being obviously the fiest year of the pandemic (2020), when it dropped to 56%.

For 2021 it rebounded back to decade the average at over 58%.

You're clueless as always

Edited by Goukosan

@Ramza  another stellar month :umad:

Unemployment rate down to 3.8% and 678,000 jobs were added  when only 423,000 were expected. 

February's jobs report presented yet another upside surprise to investors, and marked a fourteenth consecutive month of payroll growth. Last month, January's jobs report also showed many more jobs returned than expected, with payrolls rising by 400,000 versus the 125,000 expected at the time. In Friday's report, January's job gains were also upwardly revised even further to show 481,000, compared to the 467,000 previously reported. And December's payrolls were upwardly revised again to 588,000, compared to the 510,000 posted in last month's revision.

Yes you read that right,  14th consecutive month of Growth :salute: