First Splinter Cell being remade

3 minutes ago, Ike said:

It’s Ubisoft. It’ll be trash. Not to mention stealth gameplay is boring af. This was another overrated turd that lems slobber over but really is garbage. 

Whoahhhh the hitman games own. 

Man, that game is so fucking lame by today's standards. Stealth games have come a long way from the first Splinter Cell or MGS1/2.

Difference is MGS had great stories and memorable characters/setting/music. Splinter Cell was always just another bland Tom Clancy garbage game.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ike said:

Never played them. I just usually find stealth kinda boring. I tried the first Splinter Cell and hated it. Felt like MGS but bad. 

They are awesome! You can have a lot of fun with your kills. 

19 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

@Ike they are silly and unrealistic, but give the games charm: 

I didn't start playing the games until Hitman 3 earlier this year, but it was a lot of fun. They encourage and reward you for experimenting and killing enemies in ridiculous ways which makes it a lot more compelling than the typical stealth game.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ramza said:

Man, that game is so fucking lame by today's standards. Stealth games have come a long way from the first Splinter Cell or MGS1/2.

Difference is MGS had great stories and memorable characters/setting/music. Splinter Cell was always just another bland Tom Clancy garbage game.

The Metal Gear Solid games are not stealth games. They are tactical espionage games.

Splinter Cell is pure stealth meaning you are not supposed to interact with the enemies.

Splinter Cell had some genuinely fantastic moments in levels, if the scripting was perfect. At the end of the day, the enemies had to have repeatable patterns in order for you to navigate through the level and beat it.

The bullet train level from Pandora Tomorrow is awesome, and this is exactly the type of linear single player that I don't mind getting.

However, alot of people do point out that the CIA infiltration level and the Presidential Palace final level from the first game are probably the longest and best levels overall.

And, I totally forgot about this, but the PS2 version of Splinter Cell 1 had an exclusive level, the Nuclear Power Plant, and apparently it was quite good.

So if they redo all of that, and hopefully improve on the enemy A.I., and maybe give you some more gadgets and more choices on how to navigate through a level, then it would be worth remaking.

9 hours ago, jehurey said:

Splinter Cell had some genuinely fantastic moments in levels, if the scripting was perfect. At the end of the day, the enemies had to have repeatable patterns in order for you to navigate through the level and beat it.

The bullet train level from Pandora Tomorrow is awesome, and this is exactly the type of linear single player that I don't mind getting.

However, alot of people do point out that the CIA infiltration level and the Presidential Palace final level from the first game are probably the longest and best levels overall.

And, I totally forgot about this, but the PS2 version of Splinter Cell 1 had an exclusive level, the Nuclear Power Plant, and apparently it was quite good.

So if they redo all of that, and hopefully improve on the enemy A.I., and maybe give you some more gadgets and more choices on how to navigate through a level, then it would be worth remaking.

Kalinatek and Chinese Embassy we're good too.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sabo said:

If you're going to remake a Splinter Cell game then why wouldn't you pick Chaos Theory? It's the best one and one of the greatest stealth games ever made. SC 1 is 'meh' in comparison to it...

Agreed!

• Like 1