Steam Winter Sale megathread

Lmao, Tales of Arise is not even on EGS. The store is so worthless that Bandai Namco doesn't even publish their shit on it. :pavarotti: No Psychonauts 2 either, and Deathloop hasn't even been released yet. 

All the games I want aren't even on EGS but hey, I can get Mutant Year Zero which I played back in 2018 on PS4. :rofl: 

• Geese 1
20 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Epic is giving away Mutant Year Zero for free, a highly acclaimed indie strategy game

Steam's free offering?

image.thumb.png.d5c731da3baa2b328af4d2677800a108.png

A FUCKING STICKER :kaz: 

mutant year zero was godlike yea, but a bit mild on the story and writing, i wish they make a full fledged RPG sequel with a story, cities, side stuff etc. :aitch:  

EGS gave it away for free before tho. and who cares about steam not giving you free stuff? they don't have to lol

@jehurey I absolutely agree with you about the stores, I use all stores, why wouldn't I? Not sure why anyone would think that most "dumb hermits" only use steam as some sort of fanboyism

The few ones arguing about primary stores and never supporting others are just a special kind of stupid. steam is still the most developed client out there and there is no way it will lose it's core audience

though I would have to mention I only used other stores for games I can't get on steam, like origin for Battlefield. EGS is just a free game dispenser for me, they might lure me in with a DLC buy for a game but that's about it. And I might just wait for a complete pack on steam for less. I doubt I will ever put a cent into EGS. :kaz: 

Edited by kaz

By the way, with the $10 coupon, there's a way to get RDR2 for slightly less than $10.

Apparently you buy the Red Dead Online that is selling for $15 through EGS and use the coupon to get it down to $5.

And then when you open the game through the Rockstar Launcher, they are selling the "Story mode" for $4.80 and buy that through the Rockstar Launcher.

And so the only downside is that you have to have the Online files in the EGS folder that you designate, and you have to have the Story mode files in the folder that the Rockstar Launcher designated. So you could have duplicate files, because they share alot of the same files.

UPDATE:  Just bought it, ended up costing $11 after taxes.  And you actually don't need to install the game twice, or move files. Launch the game from EGS, which asks to open up Rockstar Game Launcher, and from there you can switch between Online title screen or Story Mode title screen, and simply enter Story Mode from there. And it worked perfectly fine.

Downloaded 122GB in 35 minutes. Downloading roughly 1 GB every 18 seconds.:whew:Sometimes I forget that I'm living in the future.

Edited by jehurey

Bought some more games. 

Blaz Blue: Cross Tag Battle 

Demon Turf

Encased

Gears Tactics

Grandia HD Remaster

Turok

Blaz Blue, Gears, Grandia and Turok were priced very cheaply if anyone is interested. 

The 3 new Tomb Raider games are all free on EGS at the moment for anyone interested

37 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Bought some more games. 

Blaz Blue: Cross Tag Battle 

Demon Turf

Encased

Gears Tactics

Grandia HD Remaster

Turok

Blaz Blue, Gears, Grandia and Turok were priced very cheaply if anyone is interested. 

I want to get Demon Turf, HH played it and told me it was good

also, Im very curious about this game. Apparently its one of the best Metroidvanias in recent memory. Might pick it up soon as well

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1369630/ENDER_LILIES_Quietus_of_the_Knights/

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The 3 new Tomb Raider games are all free on EGS at the moment for anyone interested

I want to get Demon Turf, HH played it and told me it was good

also, Im very curious about this game. Apparently its one of the best Metroidvanias in recent memory. Might pick it up soon as well

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1369630/ENDER_LILIES_Quietus_of_the_Knights/

It looks like an awesome platformer and every review I've seen it confirmed that. I'll post some impressions later.

I want to try Ender Lilies as well but Grime takes priority for me when it comes to recent Metroidvania titles.

All three Tomb Raider reboots? Are you fucking kidding me? That's actually great. Thanks for the heads up, I never played any of them.

Edited by Ramza

I was thinking of buying the DLC packs for Control, I already had Control in my EGS library.

And the two DLCs are selling for $5.99.

I'm not 100% certain if I could add it to the cart with something else to get to $15, and then the discount kicks in.

Is there another game around $10 that would is highly recommended? Some indie game?

45 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I was thinking of buying the DLC packs for Control, I already had Control in my EGS library.

And the two DLCs are selling for $5.99.

I'm not 100% certain if I could add it to the cart with something else to get to $15, and then the discount kicks in.

Is there another game around $10 that would is highly recommended? Some indie game?

Spiritfarer is $15 and well worth it. They also just released free DLC for it.

Bought some more games that I don't have enough free time to actually play.

Deathloop

Ender Lilies

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Grime

Hitman 2

OneeChanbara Origin

Senran Kagura Peach Ball

:grimaceleft:

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Bought some more games that I don't have enough free time to actually play.

Deathloop

Ender Lilies

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster

Grime

Hitman 2

OneeChanbara Origin

Senran Kagura Peach Ball

:grimaceleft:

I bought Ender Lilies and Demon Turf. Will be a bit before I play them with Prey and SMTV on my plate. Thankfully there aren't any worthwhile new games releasing until February.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@Ramza Any idea how long Prey is? Im 14 hours in and it feels like I still have a ways to go, including when it comes to completing the side quests (trying to do as many of them as I can).

Really hard to say, it's been a while. I say around the 20 hours mark is enough to do mostly everything. It's not that long of a game.

• Upvote 1