So what are your top 10 games of 2021?

Lots of good games this year though I feel like there weren't that many that really stood out to me compared to the last few years

1) Lost Judgment - Most engaging story and characters in a game this year for me, both in the main story and the side quests

2) Persona 5 Strikers - Felt like a main entry Persona game but with a neat spin on the combat system and gameplay in general. I actually enjoyed this quite a bit more than P5

3) The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles - Very old school pair of games (almost to a fault) but the crazy cases and charm still got to me.

4) NEO The World Ends with You - The style isn't as fresh as the original's but its still a really slickly produced game with good pacing, interesting characters, and a great OST

5) Resident Evil Village - I've complained about the game quite but I still enjoyed it a lot. Its a step down from RE7 but a weak RE game still makes for a fun playthrough.

6) The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes - One of the bigger surprises of the year. Supermassive's smart use of lighting and camera angles really added to the experience. But for the first time since Until Dawn, I actually liked most of the characters and tried my hardest to keep them alive.

7) Sherlock Holmes Chapter One - Another surprise. The open world worried me at first but the cases you solve throughout the game make great use of the different locales. The investigation mechanics are also really well done and I was always doubting myself when it came to my overall deductions, which makes you feel like an actual detective.

😎 Hitman 3 - More Hitman is never a bad thing. This also has my favorite mission in the games.

9) Age of Empires 4 - Have some issues with the campaign storytelling but it was still a very good return to RTSs for me. Still need to play more of it

10) Little Nightmares 2 - A solid puzzle platformer that comes close to having too much trial and error, but not enough to detail the atmosphere and fun puzzles.

Honorable mentions: Death's Door, Chernobylite, Psychonauts 2, Kena, BF2042, Tales of Arise, Ratchet, and Deathloop (still need to finish this).

You can also include the best games from last year that you didn't play until this year. For me that would be Spiritfarer and Ghostrunner, 2 awesome gems im glad I tried.

• Upvote 1

updated list. 

1. It takes 2

2. deathloop

3. fh5

4. guardians of the galaxy

5. persona 5 strikers

6. the great ace attorney chronicles

7. r&c rift apart

8. mass effect legendary edition

9. kena

10. 12 minutes

• Upvote 3

There's so many 2021 games I haven't played yet that it'd be hard for me to make a top 10. Still haven't played some of the biggest releases like Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise, FH5, Deathloop, etc.

I might try that Sherlock Holmes game, Twinblade.

58 minutes ago, Ramza said:

There's so many 2021 games I haven't played yet that it'd be hard for me to make a top 10. Still haven't played some of the biggest releases like Psychonauts 2, Tales of Arise, FH5, Deathloop, etc.

I might try that Sherlock Holmes game, Twinblade.

Are you familiar with the previous games? Its kind of like those but on a larger scale with more in depth moral choices.

15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Are you familiar with the previous games? Its kind of like those but on a larger scale with more in depth moral choices.

I knew the series existed but never played any of them.

1) Diablo II: Resurrected - Incredibly solid remaster of what I consider to be the greatest game of all time

2) Metroid Dread - The return of 2D Metroid and arguably the best of them. Great pacing, nice tight 8 hour experience. Wish it had a tad more backtracking to it though.

3) Valheim - Game absolutely hooked me, so many clever tweaks on the survival genre making it not on the first of the genre that I like but one of my favourite games in recent memory. Can't wait to jump back into the new biomes next year.

4) Monster Hunter Rise - World was my first dive into the series, this was that but better...they cut the hunt bullshit out and the grapple made everything feel more fast and fluid. Definitely be double dipping for PC.

5) Returnal - Awesome atmosphere plus the smooth and satisfying gameplay I've come to expect from Housemarque

6) Inscryption - Just a wild game really, so much character and came outta nowhere.

7) SMTV - Still working my way through this one but really solid JRPG...perfect blend of Persona and Pokemon.

😎 Deathloop - I gotta go back and beat this one but was definitely pleasantly surprised from what I played.

9) Tales of Arise - Best Tales game since Vesperia. Just some mindless JRPG fun.

10) Forza Horizon 5 - My podcast game. I fell off pretty quick, a lot of the mission/challenges are boring to me, this is a genre that doesn't really need an open world imo. The driving is fun, though.

52 minutes ago, Casual said:

1) Diablo II: Resurrected - Incredibly solid remaster of what I consider to be the greatest game of all time

2) Metroid Dread - The return of 2D Metroid and arguably the best of them. Great pacing, nice tight 8 hour experience. Wish it had a tad more backtracking to it though.

3) Valheim - Game absolutely hooked me, so many clever tweaks on the survival genre making it not on the first of the genre that I like but one of my favourite games in recent memory. Can't wait to jump back into the new biomes next year.

4) Monster Hunter Rise - World was my first dive into the series, this was that but better...they cut the hunt bullshit out and the grapple made everything feel more fast and fluid. Definitely be double dipping for PC.

5) Returnal - Awesome atmosphere plus the smooth and satisfying gameplay I've come to expect from Housemarque

6) Inscryption - Just a wild game really, so much character and came outta nowhere.

7) SMTV - Still working my way through this one but really solid JRPG...perfect blend of Persona and Pokemon.

😎 Deathloop - I gotta go back and beat this one but was definitely pleasantly surprised from what I played.

9) Tales of Arise - Best Tales game since Vesperia. Just some mindless JRPG fun.

10) Forza Horizon 5 - My podcast game. I fell off pretty quick, a lot of the mission/challenges are boring to me, this is a genre that doesn't really need an open world imo. The driving is fun, though.

I've been holding off on mentioning it but I feel the same way about Horizon 5 :D I have gamepass until march but can't muster up the motivation to continue playing it. I guess I should have expected that because I fell off of 4 pretty hard.

Inscryption is sort of a roguelike right? I thought the card battles looked neat but that aspect of it might not click with me.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I've been holding off on mentioning it but I feel the same way about Horizon 5 :D I have gamepass until march but can't muster up the motivation to continue playing it. I guess I should have expected that because I fell off of 4 pretty hard.

Inscryption is sort of a roguelike right? I thought the card battles looked neat but that aspect of it might not click with me.

yeah honestly I feel like I’d play a lot more of horizon if it was just going through the races without all the in between. The characters are aggressively annoying too. Like if Ubisoft made a game about a summer festival. 

Without spoiling too much, only some of the game is a roguelike. 

That I played this year in no Particular order

Hellblade

Crysis trilogy Remaster

Metro Trilogy Remaster

Halo Infinite

Forza Horizon 5

Metroid Dread

Resident Evil 8

Super Mario 3D all-stars

A Plague Tale

Castlevania Collection

• 2 weeks later...

1. It takes 2

2. deathloop

3. fh5

4. guardians of the galaxy

5. persona 5 strikers

6. the great ace attorney chronicles

7. r&c rift apart

8. mass effect legendary edition

9. kena

10. 12 minutes

updated**

@ghostz you were spot on. Best co-op experience ever.