So apparently The Matrix: Resurrections is shit

IGN gave it a 4/10. Its sat at about 67% on rotten tomatoes but 6.1 on IMDb which is low. Lower than some real trash films. 

I don't know what I was expecting. I forgot these were the guys/girls who made Jupiter Ascending, which I happened to watch in the cinema on a date and all I remember is that it sucked real fucking bad. 

Certainly doesn't seem worth catching Omicron in an auditorium for this shit anyway. :ben:

its not just bad, its low effort. 2&3 were bad but not low effort. they still had decent action, visuals, music, and ambition. like with reloaded, they had a 1v100 fight and built their own freeway for a chase scene. this is just cheaper/lower tier in every category, like a streaming movie.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Quad Damage said:

its not just bad, its low effort. 2&3 were bad but not low effort. they still had decent action, visuals, music, and ambition. like with reloaded, they had a 1v100 fight and built their own freeway for a chase scene. this is just cheaper/lower tier in every category, like a streaming movie.

spot on! though, 3 was a mindless cgi-fest. at least the meta aspect of resurrection was well done (even, ironically, poking fun at pointless sequels - like the movie itself). but yeah, it all felt very cheap, on a production level.

1 hour ago, Quad Damage said:

Pretty much. Theres this scene with store-brand wal-mart version of morpheus and agent smith fighting and i honestly couldn't believe how much it felt like i was watching a crappy low budget TV adaptation of The matrix. The visuals, action, acting was hilariously bad.

What is anyone waiting for? It’s in HBO max.

i watched it. In total surround sound in pitch black on the OLED. Is it hollywood-ized? Sure, but it’s still a good time. 

especially when you spend nothing and watch it from the comfort of your own home. 

8/10. Fun ride 

4 hours ago, Voidler said:

I was hoping it would be good but then I remember that the Wachowskis have only ever made one good movie by ripping off Anime before it was mainstream and that was before they went batshit crazy

Lmao. What a nerd. Anime ain’t mainstream unless you’re a fucking loser 

Didn't like it. Too much "wink wink" and fan service. Action was much worse than the original. Characters all looked dumb and goofy.

Even some of the robots looked like some dumb Disney shit. 

Edited by Substatic
  • Upvote 1

I liked it alot. Maybe a bit long for what it was but I don't have any complaints. Like I said in the other thread, it was super meta but to be fair, they created a movie 20 years ago that had been misinterpreted and claimed by people (some terrible people too) so the movie kind of was a clap back. 

I assume parts of that rubbed certain people the wrong way, which I'm all good with. I'm sure it didn't help with nerd reviewers. 

19 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I liked it alot. Maybe a bit long for what it was but I don't have any complaints. Like I said in the other thread, it was super meta but to be fair, they created a movie 20 years ago that had been misinterpreted and claimed by people (some terrible people too) so the movie kind of was a clap back. 

I assume parts of that rubbed certain people the wrong way, which I'm all good with. I'm sure it didn't help with nerd reviewers. 

I thought the script was great but what happened with the action? Did the spirit of Michael Bay invade the editor? 

4 hours ago, Vini said:

I thought the script was great but what happened with the action? Did the spirit of Michael Bay invade the editor? 

I'm confused by this comment and action is one thing Bay is good at and none of the action sequences were terribly long. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I'm confused by this comment and action is one thing Bay is good at and none of the action sequences were terribly long. 

The quick cuts, it's impossible to follow in some scenes. I find the same with Bay's Transformers movies, especially the later ones.