So is Cyberpunk the overhyped disappointment of the gen?

No way. People are letting the game's unpolished state detract from everything else it does well. The game has a pretty solid story, great characters, good side quests, fun gameplay, and one of the most detailed worlds ever in an open world game. It was one of the best games of last gen and will be one of the best games of this gen when the proper PS5/Series X versions are released.

Its way better than something like Halo Infinite, which is polished but extremely by the books and just straight up boring a lot of time. If we're talking about most disappointing games then that would definitely get my vote.

If it is, then it was the biggest hyped game of the gen in order for to be considered overhyped.

Their mistake was trying to make this a PS4/XBO game, yet they were probably being sloppy with how efficient their game world was going to be with all of those buildings, those objects on screen, those NPCs, and all of those reflections and special graphical effects.

Should have started as a PC game, and then transition over to next-gen ports.

32 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

No way. People are letting the game's unpolished state detract from everything else it does well. The game has a pretty solid story, great characters, good side quests, fun gameplay, and one of the most detailed worlds ever in an open world game. It was one of the best games of last gen and will be one of the best games of this gen when the proper PS5/Series X versions are released.

Its way better than something like Halo Infinite, which is polished but extremely by the books and just straight up boring a lot of time. If we're talking about most disappointing games then that would definitely get my vote.

Yeah, I agree completely with this. The world building in CP77 is only matched by RDR2 in terms of a fully realized open world. Turning off the HUD and just exploring Night City should be experienced by every gamer. Shame they spent way too many time and resources into making a worthless PS4/XBO version. I didn’t play much because of bugs on PS5 even but I’m really looking forward to the next-gen versions. 

best game ever 😲

glad you guys actually praise the open world. I know a lot of people shat on it at release for all the issues, teleporting people, invisible cars etc. but one thing really stood out for me, the random conversations NPCs have were something else. I'm not talking about the "use" button at npcs, and their responses (though some were funny).

I mean them just talking to each other, Inbetween doing missions and side content whenever I was walking I always stopped to listen what the people had to talk about. 

And my fav was a woman and man right outside a gun store, they talking about killing homeless people. And the woman is like:"I just wanna know how it feels, but what if someone founds out about it" and the guy is like:"Trust me, we did that so many times, nobody cares, the police is even grateful for getting rid of them". :dead: 

I  killed them, but they counted as civilians so I reloaded after because I had to roleplay my V without civilian kills.... well at least I tried.

Edited by kaz
  • Haha 1

People saying in this thread that the issue was the buggy state of the game at launch are wrong. I experienced no bugs whatsoever when playing the game 8 months after it's initial release on PC and I did not enjoy myself much. The game never quite reach the the same level as Witcher 3.

The side quests are %95 filler and forgettable missions. The main story and characters aren't as captivating as Witcher 3's. The various choices you have barely affect the outcome of the story, except on a very shallow and surface level. 

The gameplay at it's core is solid but going the stealth route is more trouble than it's worth so it ended up feeling very repetitive after a while.

I never finished the game so maybe that would change my mind but I still doubt Cyberpunk would ever top Witcher 3 for me in any way.

1 hour ago, Ike said:

Yeah, I agree completely with this. The world building in CP77 is only matched by RDR2 in terms of a fully realized open world. Turning off the HUD and just exploring Night City should be experienced by every gamer. Shame they spent way too many time and resources into making a worthless PS4/XBO version. I didn’t play much because of bugs on PS5 even but I’m really looking forward to the next-gen versions. 

I loved CP77 but you're wrong. I did think of how great the world was and would spend days just in section just driving around and getting into anything I could. 

Going back to GTA and playing online which has stuff GTA V doesn't have and it is far and beyond CP77. There wasn't a time when I was impressed with Night City outside of the visuals. The possibilities of what you can do in GTA puts CP77 to shame. 

36 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Anthem was far more disappointing. People will at least highlight things Cyberpunk does well despite all of its faults. Anthem on the other hand just left everyone pissed off with how it turned out.

Anthem never looked good though

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

People saying in this thread that the issue was the buggy state of the game at launch are wrong. I experienced no bugs whatsoever when playing the game 8 months after it's initial release on PC and I did not enjoy myself much. The game never quite reach the the same level as Witcher 3.

The side quests are %95 filler and forgettable missions. The main story and characters aren't as captivating as Witcher 3's. The various choices you have barely affect the outcome of the story, except on a very shallow and surface level. 

The gameplay at it's core is solid but going the stealth route is more trouble than it's worth so it ended up feeling very repetitive after a while.

I never finished the game so maybe that would change my mind but I still doubt Cyberpunk would ever top Witcher 3 for me in any way.

Nah, we were just mentioning the people who hated the game because of technical issues. I had no problems with the game either, day 1. But I didn't play it maxed out. 

The main story is short, that's only real problem. It's awesome though and has

Spoiler

such a downbeat ending and atmosphere...

There are amazing side missions, the problem with comparing it godcher 3 is that it has seemingly perfect pacing, you go from town to  town and can then finish up side missions as you go. godpunk turns into a - open map and lets find some side mission or do some exploring. I did everything and a lot of side missions are quite hidden, most of the "unknown locations" turn out to be some filler content, mostly enemies and some file to read as to what happened, which i still enjoyed because the environments were always different. And you can just do them in a few hours drive from point to point etc.

It could've a bit more side missions tho. Did you do the side missions with the police dude rivers? that was my fav. :aitch:  braindance :aitch:  needed more of that

the talents were mostly boring tho, this was their chance to prove they can make some itneresting combat but it was just a FPS. I enjoy the gameplay tho. I wanted to scan enemies then throw my cyberkatana like a boomerang :mjcry: 

cant wait for the expansions i want a max-tac and trauma team one :wow: 

tbh, in the end you just like it or not. It's a good game but not really comparable to godcher

I had finished a side mission, and then I noticed that there was a Ripper nearby, and I trying to find his entrance.

And i ended up walking down an alleyway, and finding this building that had a large opening, and inside it looks like a dilapidated building that is being occupied by bikers who are like homeless squatters. The walls are burned black, there's hanging around barrels that are lit on fire.

Some druggies, and there was a guy nearby just lightly playing an electric guitar. I thought that was pretty cool.

And then I realized that there is a working elevator near the back, so I take the elevator and I see that there's two upper floors. I got to the second-to-last floor, and all of a sudden, its much cleaner, and there's music booming in the distance, and there closer I get to it the more grimey and gang-controlled it looks like.

And I ended up stumbling into a seedy bar/club with a band playing and people dancing. There was clearly some areas where it felt like it was designed for a future mission of some sort. But I like the idea that there is an underground club in a dilapidated building with seedy bikers, and I discovered it all on my own. I spent about 90 minutes exploring all of it. I like cool moments like that.

Coming from 4Chan so don't take this as any confirmation.

unknown.png

• Cyberpunk next gen/patch 1.5 will be treated as a soft relaunch for the game. Game will be renamed Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai Edition
  • CDPR will do a big livestream around February to reveal the patch, the Cyberpunk anime and the first expansion
  • New patch features: barbershops, a garage, improved AI, transmog system, a complete rebalancing of the loot system, new UI
  • The promised free DLC will be bundled in and includes 4 new weapons, new game plus, apartment customization, new gigs
  • Tons of small stuff like Judy and Panam sending you more text messages during the course of the game
  • First expansion takes place in Pacifica which is actually quite huge
  • You walk around and do quests in what is called the "combat zone"
  • The combat zone is being fought over by two new gangs: The Bozos (violent clown psychopaths with a sick sense of humour) and a gang called Slaughterhouse (violent psychopath fascists)
  • Walking around the combat zone feels very inspired by the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Cyberpunk will get it's own Gwent-like mini game, it involves going to cyberspace and controlling and collecting monster which you can send to JRPG like battles, also has multiplayer
  • One of the monsters looks like the reaper, another one I saw looks like an Oni
  • The Cyberpunk anime called Cyberpunk 2077: Edgerunners is made by Studio Trigger with writing and story made by CDPR themselves. It looks absolutely insane. Beautiful 2D animation that reminds me of Akira.
  • Another expansion is in early stages of planning but will only be released if the first expansion is a success

:vince:Time to start the hype/disappoint machine again.

11 hours ago, jehurey said:

Coming from 4Chan so don't take this as any confirmation.

unknown.png

• Cyberpunk next gen/patch 1.5 will be treated as a soft relaunch for the game. Game will be renamed Cyberpunk 2077: Samurai Edition
  • CDPR will do a big livestream around February to reveal the patch, the Cyberpunk anime and the first expansion
  • New patch features: barbershops, a garage, improved AI, transmog system, a complete rebalancing of the loot system, new UI
  • The promised free DLC will be bundled in and includes 4 new weapons, new game plus, apartment customization, new gigs
  • Tons of small stuff like Judy and Panam sending you more text messages during the course of the game
  • First expansion takes place in Pacifica which is actually quite huge
  • You walk around and do quests in what is called the "combat zone"
  • The combat zone is being fought over by two new gangs: The Bozos (violent clown psychopaths with a sick sense of humour) and a gang called Slaughterhouse (violent psychopath fascists)
  • Walking around the combat zone feels very inspired by the game S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
  • Cyberpunk will get it's own Gwent-like mini game, it involves going to cyberspace and controlling and collecting monster which you can send to JRPG like battles, also has multiplayer
  • One of the monsters looks like the reaper, another one I saw looks like an Oni
  • The Cyberpunk anime called Cyberpunk 2077: Edgerunners is made by Studio Trigger with writing and story made by CDPR themselves. It looks absolutely insane. Beautiful 2D animation that reminds me of Akira.
  • Another expansion is in early stages of planning but will only be released if the first expansion is a success

:vince:Time to start the hype/disappoint machine again.

Why are you on that pedo site 4chan?

What if this is like their Witcher 1?

They still have the Cyberpunk license. They already built alot of the engine and the assets. So in terms of cost and development, it should still be somewhat efficient for them to keep on making more Cyberpunk content.

I believe they shall be redeemed before the end of this gen.

• Upvote 1