Sony announces PlaystationVR2 at CES and a new Horizon VR game for it (4K HDR OLED Panels, Up to 120 Hz, Foveated rendering, haptic controllers)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony announces PlaystationVR2 along with a new Horizon VR game for it from Guerrilla Games.   https://blog.playstation.com/2022/01/04/playstation-vr2-and-playstation-vr2-sense-controller-the

that hand popping more veins than mine

PSVR2 will be godly  

4 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

Q2 launch and they're just starting to ship out dev kits now? Software is going to be pretty light at launch if true. Would be funny to get a PSVR2 before a Steam Deck, though. :ben:

It would be a very smart move if they created a way to play PSVR1 games immediately through the PSVR2 hardware.

I do question why they would release the hardware so early, unless they had some plan to provide content at launch.

OR, maybe they're just manufacturing early to stockpile and making sure they have a huge stock by Q4, but even that doesn't make sense, because they will still manufacture all year long.

• Like 1

Digital Foundry is very impressed with the specs and even go as far as calling it high end VR tech but we still need the opinion of our resident systemwars idiot ghostz to tell us how outdated it is despite not owning a VR headset or knowing shit about VR tech :mj:

Edited by FIREPOWER

Man, its starting to dawn on me that I am never going to hook my PSVR1 back up again, especially if they get total backwards compatibility working on PSVR2.

Holy shit, I completely forgot about setting up the camera, and then the HDMI having to run through the junction box.

Just one USB cable. That's a huge burden that makes it easier to jump in and out of VR.

• aitch 1

Yea the cables and the box the PSVR has to connect to is a huge deterrent to getting into VR. I’ll probably keep my two old PSVRs just for backwards compatibility purposes but if PSVR2 gets full backwards compatibility I’ll probably never touch them again.

They're probably going to have to update games, and they will probably only do it for certain PSVR1.

Specifically, if Sony published a retail disc version of a VR game, they'll probably end up having a PS5 update so that it works with PSVR2.

And the majority of PSVR1 exclusives were ones that had retail disc versions. And those are exclusives that will never be found elsewhere, not on PCVR or the Oculus store. Ever.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, jehurey said:

They're probably going to have to update games, and they will probably only do it for certain PSVR1.

Specifically, if Sony published a retail disc version of a VR game, they'll probably end up having a PS5 update so that it works with PSVR2.

And the majority of PSVR1 exclusives were ones that had retail disc versions. And those are exclusives that will never be found elsewhere, not on PCVR or the Oculus store. Ever.

what are those psvr1 exclusives that are worth replaying (let alone, playing in the first place :tom:)

9 minutes ago, ghostz said:

what are those psvr1 exclusives that are worth replaying (let alone, playing in the first place :tom:)

Astrobot VR, Iron Man VR, Blood & Truth, Until Dawn Rush of Blood.

LOL his butthurt is spilling into other threads.

Just now, jehurey said:

Sorry, you're not changing the topic.

:blessed:I love how he's now fixing to enter butthurt mode, and I'm going to keep stopping him.

You haven’t played a single game you just claimed was worth playing. 

meaning, they aren’t worth playing. 

can’t believe you let me dunk on you like that! :D