Cross gen games will likely be a focus until the end of 2023

I mean, with the pandemic slowing down development, and with next-gen console availability still being a problem.

And even worse, if these third-party publishers were hoping for PC gamers to start upgrading their hardware so that they can buy major AAA games, they can't count on that because alot of them simply can't get ahold of the new hardware.

AND........some major publishers are having serious problems with their employees.

AND.........some publishers have completely botched their existing IPs, and are having to rebuild them again from the ground up (EA with Battlefield).

There really is alot of things happening, right now, to where I almost understand why video game publishers may be scrambling to play it safe and just release a version of their game for the 60-80 million people that still have a PS4 in their possession, and the 80-100 people that have a Switch in their possession.

PS2s were still being produced 6 years after the PS3 came out. PS3s were still being produced 4 years after the PS4 game out.

I am shocked that Sony is continuing to make PS4s 14-months after the PS5 came out. Shocked.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

PS2s were still being produced 6 years after the PS3 came out. PS3s were still being produced 4 years after the PS4 game out.

I am shocked that Sony is continuing to make PS4s 14-months after the PS5 came out. Shocked.

PS2 didn't have a bunch of PS1 games for launch. Everything that came out on PS2 couldn't run on a PS1. That's the difference and the problem Twinblade has.

However, it's just dumb not to financially. Should I make this game exclusively for a 8 million userbase or share it with with the weaker predecessor that can run the game anyway and sell the product to a 100+ million userbase? 

55 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

The guy is an insider, he probably has some info that indicates most of the upcoming games will be cross gen.

28 minutes ago, Ramza said:

PS2 didn't have a bunch of PS1 games for launch. Everything that came out on PS2 couldn't run on a PS1. That's the difference and the problem Twinblade has.

The point I'm getting at is that they're two separate things. PS4s being produced in 2022 is a complete non-story because it has always been the case that Sony produces the previous generation console years into the next-gen console's life. It makes Tom Henderson's tweet look retarded because he's trying to use the news as a evidence of whatever previous claims he has made.

17 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

The point I'm getting at is that they're two separate things. PS4s being produced in 2022 is a complete non-story because it has always been the case that Sony produces the previous generation console years into the next-gen console's life. It makes Tom Henderson's tweet look retarded because he's trying to use the news as a evidence of whatever previous claims he has made.

I didn't even look at the tweet to be honest. You're right.

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You didn't post his next tweet after that one

But it does make sense for there to be a Halo BR. The MP is already F2P so it just makes sense.

The Halo battle royale rumors started in 2019, literally years before Henderson's tweet. The only thing he brought to the table was the claim of it being tightly connected to the campaign, which is obviously completely inaccurate.