Inflation hit new 40 year high of 7% last month, Biden calls it 'progress'

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

LMFAO You're dirt. 

This is why progressivism is doomed to fail. Free handouts are not a sustainable strategy long term. In the real world you need to work and be a productive member of society. If the government needs to take tax payer money from a large group of people in order to provide for a small group who don’t want to contribute, then that’s when things start falling apart for everyone.

Let’s look at the eviction moratorium. With the high amount of vaccinations AND the huge number of jobs available at the time, there was absolutely no reason people couldn’t work to pay their rent. It was completely understandable at the beginning of the pandemic because loads of people lost their jobs and were unemployed for a while, plus there was a lot of anxiety and unknowns surrounding the virus and how much of a danger it posed to the average American. But 1.5 years later things were much different.  

Go ahead and act like you have the moral high ground…but this administration’s social spending sprees have done more harm than good.

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

This is why progressivism is doomed to fail. Free handouts are not a sustainable strategy long term. In the real world you need to work and be a productive member of society. If the government needs to take tax payer money from a large group of people in order to provide for a small group who don’t want to contribute, then that’s when things start falling apart for everyone

Describing people this way during the COVID pandemic shows what a piece of shit you are. 

Let’s look at the eviction moratorium. With the high amount of vaccinations AND the huge number of jobs available at the time, there was absolutely no reason people couldn’t work to pay their rent. It was completely understandable at the beginning of the pandemic because loads of people lost their jobs and were unemployed for a while, plus there was a lot of anxiety and unknowns surrounding the virus and how much of a danger it posed to the average American. But 1.5 years later things were much different.  

Go ahead and act like you have the moral high ground…but this administration’s social spending sprees have done more harm than good.

I'll stop you here.  I know you're feeling yourself because Saucer is here, So you feel like you have back up.  While is equally as vile a person as you, he's still got more than two working brain cells so calm down.

Inflation isn't simply Government spending, it's also based on consumer trends. Supply and demand, measured against the year previously. In 2020 many markets were at their lowest price points probably ever. Hotels, airfare, gas, rents, clothing, many non essential to leisure or luxury spending was low for Americans, which meant supply needed to reduce prices. At the same time you have decreased production and shipping of goods or service staff. 2021 comes around and you now have an uptick in spending as people are moving back into regular routines. Not all, but a good amount. 

Now what was cheaper in 2020 due to low demand is now scaling up to and above their previous price points which is normal, but doubled down because they're increasing compared to reduced prices from the pandemic slump.  Add to that the fact of lower supply due to slower production and logistics during COVID.  Not saying that Biden's actions didn't contribute, also slick how you act like Trump didn't provide the nearly the same level of stimulus as Biden for most of 2020 and half of Biden's spending was continuations.  Both Biden and Trump "contributed" in a technical sense, but that's pretty reductive considering the state of the entire world at that point. Inflation isn't simply a US problem. All over the world is feeling this as well. 

You're so caught up on in your feelings about "wokism" because you're mad that some sex game for virgins got cancelled or they will be produced far less or whatever. There's so many contributing factors to where we are today and quite frankly it's kind of hard to blame anyone as who really knows what is the best option? From the start your entire point of view on all of this was based on whatever Trump and his followers told you and that continues to today. 

It's like Gak said earlier, you dont actually give a shit about any of this. You just take any chance to take some perverse pleasure in "progressive defeats" which again, seeing historically what progressive policies have done to make the country better show why you're a boot licking dirt bag. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
4 hours ago, Saucer said:

Jederpy Tactic #5: Make a vague, incoherent counter-argument and claim victory.

If this is your retarded attempt to argue that the economic numbers have been driven purely by covid deaths, then you're once again living up to your title of World's Dumbest Man because  the economic numbers continued to improve as covid deaths spiked in the fall of 2020.  

Those are the job creation numbers, not unemployment numbers, you idiot. 

Go clean your room, Smelly. 

Nope, I didn't make a vague comment I was quite specificL

here it is again:

Topic#1:

LOL " the numbers are driven by the waxing and waning of Covid fear"

...........yeah, no.............its COVID itself.

800,000 people didn't get scared into dying.

People don't get bouts of "fear" that they have to go on a ventilator for days.:drake:

Notice how Saucer bases everything off a QUICK LIE and SLANTED NARRATIVE that he tries to slip in at the very beginning, and hopes you don't notice?

Topic #2:

And notice how he posted employment numbers, but he completely mis-labeled it as job "creation"

There are plenty of vacant employment positions available..........so the jobs have ALREADY been created. But they're not filled because workers are demanding more pay or for other reasons.

The job creation index is specifically calculated by combining surveys of job hires and and unemployment numbers.

wyoI9iU.png

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/j/jobsgrowth.asp

You specifically got caught lying.

I love how he attempts to SHIFT HIS ARGUMENT with ANOTHER QUICK LIE..........again

If this is your retarded attempt to argue that the economic numbers have been driven purely by covid deaths, then you're once again living up to your title of World's Dumbest Man because  the economic numbers continued to improve as covid deaths spiked in the fall of 2020.  

He just tried to put words in my mouth to change the argument.

Not only did it not work.

He's

also

factually

wrong.:drake:

the economic numbers continued to improve as covid deaths spiked in the fall of 2020.  

XXWG00b.png

Covid deaths spiked in December 2020.

Take a good look at the employment numbers in December 2020.:drake:

Now that's Trumps CROWNING FAILURE, right there.

As evidenced by the graph, we actually see that the we never rebounded to recover what was lost, but Trump still managed to dip BACK INTO THE NEGATIVE A SECOND TIME because we allowed Covid to come back and spike even worse.

KxRXcpL.png

And notice how Biden never allows and dip back into the negative, and his lows are no different than the previous 9 years on that graph?

Am I being too vague for ya?

Like I said: Cheap Stitching.

killer-joe-william-friedkin.gif

Edited by jehurey
21 hours ago, Goukosan said:

You didn't think I noticed you didn't post the revised job numbers did you, scummy bastard. :deniro:

He started caring in January and he stopped caring because the numbers weren't bad as you yourself just said. Again, thanks for proving my point for me. 

:umad:

You had no idea the August jobs numbers had been revised until you started Googling info to come up with a rebuttal LOL.  And if the numbers have been revised up to 483k, that's still less than half what was expected. "We only missed the mark by 50% instead of 75%."  Great comeback. :biggrin:

Again, you said he stopped caring about the numbers once they rebounded under Biden. That's not what happened. They had already rebounded. :umad:

18 hours ago, jehurey said:

Nope, I didn't make a vague comment I was quite specificL

here it is again:

You've just repeated your incoherent argument without even trying to clarify it. Demolished.

The job creation index is specifically calculated by combining surveys of job hires and and unemployment numbers.

You moronically lied and claimed I didn't post the job creation numbers, then when I call you out for it, you try to change the subject by posting how the jobs creation index is compiled, which has nothing to do with whether I posted the job creation numbers or not. Like that's going to work. You're terrible at this. 

Covid deaths spiked in December 2020.

Covid deaths began spiking in late October 2020 and reached their peak at the end of January 2021, yet there was only one month of negative job growth during the period and the DOW grew by 3000. You're TERRIBLE at this. :biggrin:

19 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

In 2020 many markets were at their lowest price points probably ever.

This is your brain on MSNBC and BLM. :biggrin:

MvD5Otz.jpg

a1iox.jpg

Also: - 2.3% in real average weekly earnings for the year. Inflation is far outpacing wage earnings.

14 minutes ago, Saucer said:

You've just repeated your incoherent argument without even trying to clarify it. Demolished.

No, I didn't

Demonstrate it, or else you've just been busted, bullshitting, yet again.

You moronically lied and claimed I didn't post the job creation numbers,

No, go and read what I typed. You tried to label these as FAILED job creation numbers. When they weren't.

I never said that you did NOT POST job creation numbers.........its that you said that there were supposedly FAILED numbers.

Even though the job positions are openly available, and there are no economic-based layoffs (meaning formerly existing jobs being removed). Both of those things are combined together by BLS to create the job creation index.

Covid deaths began spiking in late October 2020 and reached their peak at the end of January 2021, yet there was only one month of negative job growth during the period and the DOW grew by 3000. You're TERRIBLE at this. :biggrin:

No.

You are wrong.

You are lying.

And you are busted.

twRzv71.png

I love how he's now trying to defend Trump, hard, at this point.

Edited by jehurey
3 minutes ago, Saucer said:

MvD5Otz.jpg

a1iox.jpg

Also: - 2.3% in real average weekly earnings for the year. Inflation is far outpacing wage earnings.

Its almost as if there was a disruption in the supply chain that caused supply to drop rapidly, and now become scarce and cause a rapid inflation.

Gee..............I wonder what could have caused that?

Oh......people getting "feared" into shutting down their industries.

30 minutes ago, Saucer said:

MvD5Otz.jpg

a1iox.jpg

lol I avoided dealing with you since you're just a slightly smarter and a good deal more racist version of Slingblade. None of what you wrote has to do with what I said. 

"my brain on BLM" it's fucking wild how white ppl in this forum keep bringing race up in threads that have nothing to do with race. Like POC really live in yall heads rent free. 

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2020/04/23/most-commodity-prices-to-drop-in-2020-as-coronavirus-depresses-demand-and-disrupts-supply

The global economic shock of the COVID-19 pandemic has driven most commodity prices down and is expected to result in substantially lower prices over 2020, the World Bank said in its April Commodity Markets Outlook.

Energy and metals commodities are the most affected by the sudden stop to economic activity and the serious global slowdown that is anticipated. Commodities associated with transportation, including oil, have experienced the steepest declines. 

Monthly average crude oil prices plunged 50 percent between January and March. Prices reached an historic low in April with some benchmarks trading at negative levels. They are expected to average $35 per barrel in 2020, a sharp downward revision from the October forecast and a 43 percent drop from the 2019 average of $61 per barrel. The downward revision reflects an historically large drop in demand. The decline in crude oil prices has been exacerbated by uncertainty around production agreements among the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and other oil producers. Energy prices overall (which also include natural gas and coal) are expected to average 40 percent lower in 2020 but see a sizeable rebound in 2021.

https://www.housingwire.com/articles/how-record-low-mortgage-rates-changed-everything-in-2020/

Mortgage rates would fall to record lows 16 times throughout 2020

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=46376

In 2020, U.S. natural gas prices were the lowest in decades

You seem to have your hands full with Jerry.  Feel free to leave me alone and keep your sly race shit to yourself. 

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Its almost as if there was a disruption in the supply chain that caused supply to drop rapidly, and now become scarce and cause a rapid inflation.

Gee..............I wonder what could have caused that?

Oh......people getting "feared" into shutting down their industries.

lol I didnt think what I wrote was that controversial. 

3 hours ago, Saucer said:

You had no idea the August jobs numbers had been revised until you started Googling info to come up with a rebuttal LOL.  And if the numbers have been revised up to 483k, that's still less than half what was expected. "We only missed the mark by 50% instead of 75%."  Great comeback. :biggrin:

Again, you said he stopped caring about the numbers once they rebounded under Biden. That's not what happened. They had already rebounded. :umad:

You got caught lying you scummy bastard, don't try to spin out out of it. You lied about the actual numbers and the expected numbers :umad:

As I told you from the start, your reading comprehension is as terrible as always. Go re read my post on the first page slowly and as many times as you need until you realize you fucked up. 

Twinblade started caring Jan 2021 and once the numbers improved throughout the year... He stopped caring...as in Improved relative to when he started caring doofus.

What the numbers were in Dec etc didn't matter because Twinblade didn't care... That's my point. 

I didn't even point out how Dec was in the negative, but thanks for unwittingly once again further proving my point about him not caring until Jan 2021 even though Dec was historically bad and he didn't care.. Fucking clown ass :omglol:

Edited by Goukosan