Supreme Court officially kills Biden's Vaccine mandate for businesses

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Not for health care workers though. Although that's definitely far more reasonable.

Yup, not only that... private companies were already implementing vaccine mandates even before the Feds implemented theirs. 

7 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Yup, not only that... private companies were already implementing vaccine mandates even before the Feds implemented theirs. 

If private companies want to lose hundreds of employees that's their problem. 

6 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

There will be vaccinated people that will fill those positions. As it has always been. 

Amid a shortage of workers in just about every field imaginable. Yeah, sounds like a really smart move.

14 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Amid a shortage of workers in just about every field imaginable. Yeah, sounds like a really smart move.

Unvaxxed can go work somewhere that doesn't require it and vaccinated can go work where requires it or places that don't ... The end. 

Edited by Goukosan
33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Unvaxxed can go work somewhere that doesn't require it and vaccinated can go work where requires it or places that don't ... The end. 

There was already a shortage of workers before Covid. Policies like this isn't going to help any company or benefit anyone.

And what do you say about health care workers losing their job and careers for the choice they've made and not having anywhere else to go? Surely that's going to benefit the health system which is already on the breaking point. :D 

Great solutions, man. Smart.

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

There was already a shortage of workers before Covid. Policies like this isn't going to help any company or benefit anyone.

And what do you say about health care workers losing their job and careers for the choice they've made and not having anywhere else to go? Surely that's going to benefit the health system which is already on the breaking point. :D 

Great solutions, man. Smart.

Hey genius, health care workers were already mandated to be fully vaccinated before Covid19.  It has been like that for literally DECADES upon DECADES. 

You cannot get a job as a nurse who works in direct contact with patients pre-covid without being fully vaccinated for basically everything. 

Once the Covid19 vaccine was FDA approved it was added to the list of mandated vaccines for nurses etc. 

My thoughts on that is if you choose to not be fully vaccinated you cannot work in the field of health care with direct patients.... Which again is how it has always been. 

Edited by Goukosan
8 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Hey genius, health care workers were already mandated to be fully vaccinated before Covid19.  It has been like that for literally DECADES upon DECADES. 

You cannot get a job as a nurse who works in direct contact with patients pre-covid without being fully vaccinated for basically everything. 

Once the Covid19 vaccine was FDA approved it was added to the list of mandated vaccines for nurses etc. 

My thoughts on that is if you choose to not be fully vaccinated you cannot work in the field of health care with direct patients.... Which again is how it has always been. 

I didn't know that. It's not the case here. No vaccines required to work in hospitals. 

The debate for mandatory Covid vaccine for health workers is still going in court and my provincial Government is most likely going to drop it considering that recently they announced that a nurse who has tested positive for Covid can still continue to work. :D Yeah, I know, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I assumed the situation was the same in the US.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I didn't know that. It's not the case here. No vaccines required to work in hospitals. 

The debate for mandatory Covid vaccine for health workers is still going in court and my provincial Government is most likely going to drop it considering that recently they announced that a nurse who has tested positive for Covid can still continue to work. :D Yeah, I know, desperate times call for desperate measures.

I assumed the situation was the same in the US.

Some states require different vaccines but in general you have to be vaccinated as a nurse working directly patients for obvious reasons. 

3 hours ago, Ramza said:

The biggest reason I'm over covid is all the right wing bitching. No group is more catered to, yet fucking always crying about something. 

42 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

The biggest reason I'm over covid is all the right wing bitching. No group is more catered to, yet fucking always crying about something. 

No idea what you're crying about.

What does it mean to be over Covid? You don't care what your Government impose on you or the rest of society? Or how we are supposed to get over this ordeal? Okay champ, take that booster and keep ignoring the biggest issue in modern times. Adults are having a conversation in the meantime about this ongoing pandemic.

This isn't even a left or right thing anyway.

The most catered too, oh yeah, I can't even go to the restaurant, theater or any other public gathering place, can't buy booze or weed, was forced to quit my job three times since the start of the pandemic, forced to stay at home with imposed curfews and now they are looking to create a special tax for the unvaccinated in my province. Damn, so catered to alright.

This is rich coming from the guy championing for minorities all the time, minorities that aren't even systematically oppressed like the unvaxxed. Fuck off you hypocrite.

All this because I said that amid a shortage of workers that it's dumb to impose something that guarantee you'll lose even more employees. Which is %100 correct. I guess I shouldn't be talking about this or something? Because little jimmy over here can't handle the conversation anymore. 

No idea what you're crying about.

What does it mean to be over Covid? You don't care what your Government impose on you or the rest of society? Or how we are supposed to get over this ordeal? Okay champ, take that booster and keep ignoring the biggest issue in modern times. Adults are having a conversation in the meantime about this ongoing pandemic.

This isn't even a left or right thing anyway.

Oh, it most definitely is. The Right has sought to that. This is almost exclusively a right wing thing. The oxygen that exist on the right for this is being used to launch whole careers. It shouldn't be, it's something that doesn't discriminate yet it's the biggest right wing talking point.

The most catered too, oh yeah, I can't even go to the restaurant, theater or any other public gathering place, can't buy booze or weed, was forced to quit my job three times since the start of the pandemic, forced to stay at home with imposed curfews and now they are looking to create a special tax for the unvaccinated in my province. Damn, so catered to alright.

That's not a right or left thing. That's on you. Weren't you the one who just claimed this wasn't a left or right thing lol? I guess you remembered you're right leaning and you have a feels about it...naturally. 

This is rich coming from the guy championing for minorities all the time, minorities that aren't even systematically oppressed like the unvaxxed. Fuck off you hypocrite.

LMFAO Wait, did this motherfucker. I'm legit dying in real time typing this. I'm laughing because you wrote defending minorities like it was a bad thing, then followed it up with minorities aren't even oppressed, then measured the plight of the unvaxxed as worse? Like, that is some fucking 4 dimensional racism or something. I mean it's stupid as fuck, but equally weird racist. You just volunteered this shit lol. wow. 

All this because I said that amid a shortage of workers that it's dumb to impose something that guarantee you'll lose even more employees. Which is %100 correct. I guess I shouldn't be talking about this or something? Because little jimmy over here can't handle the conversation anymore. 

The never ending cycle of right wing whining isn't a conservation. It's like stupid people have made humongous strides over the past 7 years. Stupid people thriving and the marketplace for stupidity is almost as lucrative as a hollywood streaming networks. It's not funny anymore. We had a moment where real life was like that movie idocracy, but now it's getting old. If a person doesn't want to be vaxed, fine. They have to deal the consequences. A person can eat or drink or smoke whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect another person. Like if people are rocking with someone smoking a cig indoors to protect people, they gonna let idiots walk around with no mask and unvaxed for their own pride? The fuck?

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Oh, it most definitely is. The Right has sought to that. This is almost exclusively a right wing thing. The oxygen that exist on the right for this is being used to launch whole careers. It shouldn't be, it's something that doesn't discriminate yet it's the biggest right wing talking point.

That's not a right or left thing. That's on you. Weren't you the one who just claimed this wasn't a left or right thing lol? I guess you remembered you're right leaning and you have a feels about it...naturally. 

LMFAO Wait, did this motherfucker. I'm legit dying in real time typing this. I'm laughing because you wrote defending minorities like it was a bad thing, then followed it up with minorities aren't even oppressed, then measured the plight of the unvaxxed as worse? Like, that is some fucking 4 dimensional racism or something. I mean it's stupid as fuck, but equally weird racist. You just volunteered this shit lol. wow. 

The never ending cycle of right wing whining isn't a conservation. It's like stupid people have made humongous strides over the past 7 years. Stupid people thriving and the marketplace for stupidity is almost as lucrative as a hollywood streaming networks. It's not funny anymore. We had a moment where real life was like that movie idocracy, but now it's getting old. If a person doesn't want to be vaxed, fine. They have to deal the consequences. A person can eat or drink or smoke whatever they want as long as it doesn't affect another person. Like if people are rocking with someone smoking a cig indoors to protect people, they gonna let idiots walk around with no mask and unvaxed for their own pride? The fuck?

Yeah sure, not wanting to be forced to be vaccinated is exclusively a right winged thing. Apparently. 

I was talking as an unvaccinated person, and not as a right wing person. 

Nothing bad about defending minorities, I'm just pointing your hypocrisy. Unvaxxed are definitely being systematically oppressed right now. That's a fact. If trans people couldn't go to the theater because of the choice they've made, you'd be first one to lose your shit. Minorities aren't systematically oppressed, I've already told you what I think about this. Laws in the west does not discriminate against race or sex. Once again, you think people being racist and systematic oppression is the same thing when it's actually two different things entirely.

I have better immunity now that anyone who is fully vaccinated and has had a booster shot. Didn't cost a dime to the system. Vaccinated people can still get sick, still spread Covid, still die. Your arguments would only make sense if vaccinations was a %100 bulletproof and it's about a %30 efficiency level right now. It's failing and it makes no sense to force people who aren't at high risk of getting complications from Covid to get the vaccine and oppress them into complying. The strategy hasn't been working and we can see it's full failure with Omicron right before our eyes.

By the way a smoker, or obese person is most likely going to end up in the hospital at some point and tax the system and cost money. So no, it also affects the health care system, just like someone being threated for Covid. Especially in a country like mine, where we threat everyone regardless of their financials. No one would approve of infringing on their rights as individuals though so why is it ok for the unvaccinated. 

It's time to get back to your room, Jimmy. It's past your bed time.

15 hours ago, Ramza said:

Yeah sure, not wanting to be forced to be vaccinated is exclusively a right winged thing. Apparently. 

OH, there are non right wing people who dont want to be vaxxed, but it's right wing media that is driving the anti-vax/skeptic angle as hard as possible. Like the right likes to talk about having conversations but then Candance Owns accuses Trump of sun downing when he says he got the shot and the shots are safe. Its not a real conversation when one side is being deceptive and dishonest. It's like their pundits are busy pretending they aren't vaxxed to appeal to the anti-vax plebs. 

I was talking as an unvaccinated person, and not as a right wing person. 

Nothing bad about defending minorities, I'm just pointing your hypocrisy.

It's kind of fucking crazy that you, a white man in Canada keeps comparing being unvaxed to being a person of color. Like how do you people not hear yourselves? This kind of wildly delusional white aggrievement shit is exactly what I mean by this isn't a conversation. WTF goes on in people like you's head is beyond baffling. I'm legitmately taken back that you're doubling down on this painfully dumb, completely obtuse, and self serving train of thought.  Imagine there was a shot that would help end discrimination? 

Unvaxxed are definitely being systematically oppressed right now. That's a fact. If trans people couldn't go to the theater because of the choice they've made, you'd be first one to lose your shit. Minorities aren't systematically oppressed, I've already told you what I think about this. Laws in the west does not discriminate against race or sex.

lol Here goes more of that white aggrievement. Now you're pulling trans people into this. 

WHAT DID ANY TRANS PERSON DO TO ANY OF YOU? 

Once again, you think people being racist and systematic oppression is the same thing when it's actually two different things entirely.

No, not really. Laws aren't enforced by logical machine learning robots. They're enforced and upheld by people. OMG I Dont want to waste anymore time discussing race to someone as fucking dumb and or racist as you are. I'm honestly and this isnt forum embellishment, just ...I can't believe you're for real right now. 

I have better immunity now that anyone who is fully vaccinated and has had a booster shot. Didn't cost a dime to the system.

lmfao jesus christ. 

Vaccinated people can still get sick, still spread Covid, still die. Your arguments would only make sense if vaccinations was a %100 bulletproof and it's about a %30 efficiency level right now. It's failing and it makes no sense to force people who aren't at high risk of getting complications from Covid to get the vaccine and oppress them into complying. The strategy hasn't been working and we can see it's full failure with Omicron right before our eyes.

I know in your mind it's all about you, but no one gives a shit about you. Like this is the disconnect. You're talking about you're super immune system but people are more concerned about getting sick by you, than you getting sick yourself. It's hard to imagine, but the entire world doesn't revolve around you. There's too many of you self important dipshits who go on about how you bested COVID or whatever or have Wolverine's healing factor and cant get sick and its like fuck your life! I dont care. You can carry a virus. I honestly dont care if you live or die. Especially after this conversation. 

By the way a smoker, or obese person is most likely going to end up in the hospital at some point and tax the system and cost money. So no, it also affects the health care system, just like someone being threated for Covid. Especially in a country like mine, where we threat everyone regardless of their financials. No one would approve of infringing on their rights as individuals though so why is it ok for the unvaccinated. 

It's time to get back to your room, Jimmy. It's past your bed time.

You keep asking the same fucking question to which the answer is simple. You only make yourself look dumber with this high school sophomore rant you're going on. It's a public health issue, asshole. This is the right wing flavor. Other people live with their choices but your type is so fucking up your own asses the only thought in your mind is about you. In the situation of communicable diseases/viruses it's not a personal rights  issue as a human rights issue. We dont have to "just deal" with you. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
12 hours ago, Ramza said:

Vaccinated people can still get sick, still spread Covid, still die. Your arguments would only make sense if vaccinations was a %100 bulletproof and it's about a %30 efficiency level right now.

By your logic, I read a news story where somebody who was wearing a safety belt still died in a car crash.

So...........that should be proof that we might as well, ALL OF US, not wear safety belts when driving, right?  Because its not 100% bulletproof.

I mean........you are absolutely full of shit with this logic.

We already a Supreme Court case back in 1905, that's right NINETEEN-O-FIVE that already makes it clear that COMPRIMISES in the name of public safety are 100% constitutional because you do not have full unlimited freedom if you CHOOSE to participate in a society (in other words.......you choose to live in a city, or a town).

Supreme Court Justice Harlan since 1905 in Jacobson v. Massachusetts

But the liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good. On any other basis, organized society could not exist with safety to its members. Society based on the rule that each one is a law unto himself would soon be confronted with disorder and anarchy. Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others. This court has more than once recognized it as a fundamental principle that

"persons and property are subjected to all kinds of restraints and burdens, in order to secure the general comfort, health, and prosperity of the State, of the perfect right of the legislature to do which no question ever was, or upon acknowledged general principles ever can be, made so far as natural persons are concerned."

They're basically saying "if you want to be a part of society, you have to have reasonable restraints on your freedom"

Vaccines already have a precedent that they are MANDATED in society in order for you to: Be admitted into School, Be admitted into a Hospital or a Public venue.

This is settled law, and has been for over a century. And I'm positively certain Canada has some law or court case that has the same conclusion.

This is why a whole bunch of 20 and 30 year olds trying to lecture us about 'freedom" is just so full of shit, because you simply are not informed of that fact that this argument has already been made and settled before.

Your freedom does not give you the right to potentially harm others.  And in a pandemic, that's exactly what you are capable of, with this (these) viruses).

3 hours ago, jehurey said:

By your logic, I read a news story where somebody who was wearing a safety belt still died in a car crash.

So...........that should be proof that we might as well, ALL OF US, not wear safety belts when driving, right?  Because its not 100% bulletproof.

I mean........you are absolutely full of shit with this logic.

We already a Supreme Court case back in 1905, that's right NINETEEN-O-FIVE that already makes it clear that COMPRIMISES in the name of public safety are 100% constitutional because you do not have full unlimited freedom if you CHOOSE to participate in a society (in other words.......you choose to live in a city, or a town).

Supreme Court Justice Harlan since 1905 in Jacobson v. Massachusetts

But the liberty secured by the Constitution of the United States to every person within its jurisdiction does not import an absolute right in each person to be, at all times and in all circumstances, wholly freed from restraint. There are manifold restraints to which every person is necessarily subject for the common good. On any other basis, organized society could not exist with safety to its members. Society based on the rule that each one is a law unto himself would soon be confronted with disorder and anarchy. Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual person to use his own, whether in respect of his person or his property, regardless of the injury that may be done to others. This court has more than once recognized it as a fundamental principle that

"persons and property are subjected to all kinds of restraints and burdens, in order to secure the general comfort, health, and prosperity of the State, of the perfect right of the legislature to do which no question ever was, or upon acknowledged general principles ever can be, made so far as natural persons are concerned."

They're basically saying "if you want to be a part of society, you have to have reasonable restraints on your freedom"

Vaccines already have a precedent that they are MANDATED in society in order for you to: Be admitted into School, Be admitted into a Hospital or a Public venue.

This is settled law, and has been for over a century. And I'm positively certain Canada has some law or court case that has the same conclusion.

This is why a whole bunch of 20 and 30 year olds trying to lecture us about 'freedom" is just so full of shit, because you simply are not informed of that fact that this argument has already been made and settled before.

Your freedom does not give you the right to potentially harm others.  And in a pandemic, that's exactly what you are capable of, with this (these) viruses).

My GF who was fully vaccinated is the reason I caught Covid. She brought it back home after a night out at a bar where only vaccinated people had access to the place, to say that only unvaccinated people can spread the disease or imply that they are a bigger threat is straight up wrong. %80 of adults in Quebec are fully vaccinated and it didn't slow or stop the spread of Omicron. The only person you defend when you take the shots is yourself.  

For the record I'm not opposed to vaccine, it can be a great tool to protect the most vulnerable. If I was 60+ years old I would have taken the shots without thinking twice.

Your analogy of safety belt doesn't make sense in the context of a virus, because there's this thing called natural immunity, which is right now is more efficient than three shots. So basically, you have your safety belt and I have a full plate medieval style armor. I am not a greater risk of spreading the disease than anyone who has been vaccinated.

So enough with the narrative that if you aren't vaccinated that you will spread the disease while vaxxed people won't. It's simply not true. The biggest benefit from vaccines is that it will considerably reduce the symptoms, so someone who'd normally end up in the hospital might fight it off just by staying at home. Like I said earlier, it's a great tool, as it's benefits and uses but I see no reason why it should be enforced on absolutely everyone.