My unpopular but very real opinion, Playstation VR was a fucking failure.

Just now, Ramza said:

My bullshit detection meter is through the roof right now.

How about you post your Steam account and show how much time you spent in games you have played in VR? I'll wait.

I don't have a steam account I have a girlfriend. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was the highest selling headset at some point and have some of the best exclusive VR games like Astro Bot and Wipeout.    Not like you even know what the fuck you are talking about since

@MalaXmaS OP was proven true by Jerry

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

Because no one bought it! :rawf:

No, many people bought it.

And you were talking about the QUALITY OF GAMES not being fun.

Answer how you know that part............which can only be answered by providing actual experience of playing the game.

36 minutes ago, ghostz said:

The thread wasn’t about sales. It was talking about how it sucks ass, which has been proven by the fact you bought one but didn’t play it. :D 

Yep, never said anything about sales but rather games, which psvr always lacked.

Just now, Vini said:

I don't have a steam account I have a girlfriend. 

Wow, you have a girlfriend? What an amazing feat. 

Did you lose your VIrgiNIty yesterday or something? Guess that explains your username.

2 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

Yep, never said anything about sales but rather games, which psvr always lacked.

No, you specifically posted how what did it have to GUARANTEE A PURCHASE.

It had games that were nominated for 2018's game of the year at several places.

Which helps explain why it was the most successful VR hardware out of all of the initial round of hardware that came out around 2015-2016.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

Compared to what exactly? %85 of relevant VR games on steam was ported over to PSVR and PSVR had more and better exclusives than Steam, Oculus Rift and HTC stores combined.

13 minutes ago, ghostz said:

PS4 sales: 116 million

PSVR sales: 5 million

:D 

there are shovel ware titles that sold better. 

Xbox Set SX is selling close to PS5. Cows are like, Xbox is a failure.

Psvr sold less than 10% of PS4s entire userbase, cows "success!"

Lmfao TCHBFR

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Compared to what exactly? %85 of relevant VR games on steam was ported over to PSVR and PSVR had more and better exclusives than Steam, Oculus Rift and HTC stores combined.

They were still gimmicky shit 

The real stuff like Arma VR or Assetto Corsa VR never ported because the PS4 was so weak.

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, you specifically posted how what did it have to GUARANTEE A PURCHASE.

It had games that were nominated for 2018's game of the year at several places.

Which helps explain why it was the most successful VR hardware out of all of the initial round of hardware that came out around 2015-2016.

I said psvr didn't guarantee a purchase based on it's lacking catalogue of good games.

I never mentioned sales in my post.

You did.

1 minute ago, MalaXmaS said:

They were still gimmicky shit 

The real stuff like Arma VR or Assetto Corsa VR never ported because the PS4 was so weak.

No they're not anymore gimmicky than what you found on PC.

PS4 hardware couldn't handle some of the most demanding games, that's true but it wasn't because the PSVR was a gimmick and couldn't do real VR. Look at Dirt Rally on PSVR, the game was perfectly fine.

And shit, I still have yet to play a better racing game than Wipeout OC. 

Just now, MalaXmaS said:

Xbox Set SX is selling close to PS5. Cows are like, Xbox is a failure.

Psvr sold less than 10% of PS4s entire userbase, cows "success!"

Lmfao TCHBFR

Xbox is a failure.

PSVR was a $400 add-on ACCESSORY that required ITS OWN SPECIAL GAMES.

For it to sell the 5 million units (which was back in January 2020, and it may have achieved that number during the latter half of 2019, because it was already at 4.2 million at March 2019), and the hardware itself was described as being "middle-of-the-road" compared to the other VR headsets at the time.

That is a success.

And clearly Sony saw it as one seeing as though they are delivering fantastic hardware upgrades for PSVR2, and its coming during this year.

• Upvote 1

I said psvr didn't guarantee a purchase based on it's lacking catalogue of good games.

You did.

If you said PURCHASE...............you were talking about sales.

What are you gonna say.............pretend you DIDN'T TYPE THE WORDS you typed?

You did.

You could made such a vague statement about all VR headsets. In case you haven't noticed, it's kind of a new market and AAA publishers aren't fully behind VR yet. 

Indie games is what kept VR alive and this is why you clueless casuals have no idea what you're talking about because of the lack of recognizable IPs.

The highest and most popular selling VR game to date is fucking Beat Saber.

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, many people bought it.

And you were talking about the QUALITY OF GAMES not being fun.

Answer how you know that part............which can only be answered by providing actual experience of playing the game.

4% of people on PS bought it. 

flllllloooooopppppp!!!!

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

No they're not anymore gimmicky than what you found on PC.

PS4 hardware couldn't handle some of the most demanding games, that's true but it wasn't because the PSVR was a gimmick and couldn't do real VR. Look at Dirt Rally on PSVR, the game was perfectly fine.

And shit, I still have yet to play a better racing game than Wipeout OC. 

Alot of people on the Oculus subreddit are asking to see if they will ever see ports of games like Blood & Truth or Iron Man VR.

And, quite frankly, they're not going to get them because those are PSVR exclusives, Sony helped with getting those games made.

And Quest owners are clearly aware that alot of their games to not have that console-quality "polish"  with the production values, and the voice over, and the cinematics, and the brand licensing, and the graphical effects.

This was pretty much their last game that they advertised to PSVR owners, and that was July 2020.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Xbox is a failure.

PSVR was a $400 add-on ACCESSORY that required ITS OWN SPECIAL GAMES.

For it to sell the 5 million units (which was back in January 2020, and it may have achieved that number during the latter half of 2019, because it was already at 4.2 million at March 2019), and the hardware itself was described as being "middle-of-the-road" compared to the other VR headsets at the time.

That is a success.

And clearly Sony saw it as one seeing as though they are delivering fantastic hardware upgrades for PSVR2, and its coming during this year.

Pssssh, plenty of people got it for cheaper, like you. You didn’t even spend HALF of the $400 launch price. :hehe:

Just now, ghostz said:

4% of people on PS bought it. 

flllllloooooopppppp!!!!

A $400 accessory.

Its really not a flop.

Oh, and that's probably the same rate of PC owners who subscribed to GamePass:drake:, and it only takes them $1 to get that.

Just now, ghostz said:

Pssssh, plenty of people got it for cheaper, like you. You didn’t even spend HALF of the $400 launch price. :hehe:

Except that didn't come with all the hardware.

The full hardware box, including the controllers, cost $400, and was maybe discounted to $300-$350 during black friday sales.