Microsoft has purchased Activision Blizzard - WSJ

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Except Sony bought studios that were already operating as a second-party, like Housemarque. Who were never multi-plat developers.   Or the studios had no IPs of their own, they were port dev

No, I don’t rent.

MU ha ha ha ha Mu ha ha ha. The sheep have been Bill Cosby’ed and R Kelly’ed

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

CoD not being on PS anymore is going to be bad for Sony.

Who said it won't be on Playstation? The product still has to be profitable and MS doesn't believe in exclusivity as a viable strategy.

Everything they have bought so far remained multiplatform and on Playstation. 

At best I'd expect a timed exclusivity on the DLC like Sony used to pay for.

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Who said it won't be on Playstation? The product still has to be profitable and MS doesn't believe in exclusivity as a viable strategy.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Microsoft is using this for leverage to force Sony to have gamepass on their system. 

either way, every time someone buys cod on PS, MS profits. COD is the top selling franchise on PS. 

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Starfield is permanently exclusive to Xbox and PC, why wouldn’t they do the same with a big franchise like CoD? The writing is on the wall, Sony doesn’t have as much money to throw around but they need to make some moves or else they’re in trouble.

The plain fact of the matter is that spending $11 billion and $70 billion on Bethesda and Activision is a clear sign that Microsoft knows that GamePass cannot exist on Xbox platforms.

Because, the platform will never grow to ever make that money back.

The subscriber numbers are pathetic.

They're screaming and begging to try and make their way onto Sony and Nintendo's platforms.

I don't think this is going to work. Activision doesn't really any hot property besides Call of Duty as this point.

If I'm Sony, maybe I'd invest money in buying the Respawn guys from EA, and buying the Medal of Honor IP from EA, and just having them completely reboot the IP and have them turn it into another Call of Duty thats exclusive to Playstation. And start having their own internal studios make annual sequels.