Microsoft has purchased Activision Blizzard - WSJ

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Except Sony bought studios that were already operating as a second-party, like Housemarque. Who were never multi-plat developers.   Or the studios had no IPs of their own, they were port dev

No, I don’t rent.

MU ha ha ha ha Mu ha ha ha. The sheep have been Bill Cosby’ed and R Kelly’ed

Posted Images

Just now, Spicalicious said:

Disagree..  MS can easily buy in to VR any time it pleases.

Right.

Just like they could easily buy their way into the Smartphone space, after Apple and Google entered into it, first?

Its gonna be funny if you actually respond with Microsoft--a company who specifically deals in wanting everything to run on their operating system--"never really cared about the smartphone industry"

I'm practically daring you to attempt to make that claim. LOL

1 minute ago, Spicalicious said:

No, but they have a CEO who's willing to skull fuck sony and the cows.

:lawl:Actually this CEO was rumored into wanting to break away the Xbox division when he first came into power, and had to be convinced otherwise.

Microsoft failed for 20 years to make a compelling or interesting product, and despite lemmings hypung up new studios and new games nothing of worth has materialized. The only way Microsoft can compete is to spend close to $100 billion dollars buying out other publishers.

It goes to show Microsoft as a company knows nothing about videogames, doesnt understand games, can not see nor grow talent, all they can do to stay afloat is buy things that are already a success.

Why on Earth anyone would want this company dominating the games market...why you'd have to be a complete retard.

40 minutes ago, lostfool said:

No real gamer should be celebrating this

Why? Gamepass being successful is better for consumers and gamers overall. Charging $70 per game is not pro gamer. Sony will be forced to have their own subscription service with day one exclusives. 

13 minutes ago, Vini said:

Why? Gamepass being successful is better for consumers and gamers overall. Charging $70 per game is not pro gamer. Sony will be forced to have their own subscription service with day one exclusives. 

x2

Gamepass is phenomenal. Btw, looking forward to playing Diablo 4.

2 hours ago, Vini said:

LOL

[looks at the changes they made to a formerly well-round single-player game like Halo, that is unfinished and broken up into pieces]

Yeah..............definitely looks "pro-gamer"

12 hours ago, Vini said:

The business model the industry has used for decades is problematic right around the time the maker of your favourite console started a subscription service, funny how that works.

As Jerry pointed out there are worse business models for the gamer of which you conveniently seem to ignore.

This is just repackaged "always online". You only get to play what games Microsoft dictates as they move games into and out of the service. If you want to play a game at any point it begins with an immediate payment to Microsoft corp. If you're a casual player who only dips into games occasionally, maybe you took a break and just want to go back and play a game you enjoyed a few years ago, well it begins with a payment to Microsoft corp. If you stop making payments to Microsoft corp at any point, you leave with nothing, fuck you you're locked out.

You're the biggest retard I've ever seen if you want Microsoft to have that level of control over the industry. Microsoft of all companies.

I'll continue to avoid their shitty products at every opportunity. Its actually amusing how they can only rely on their bank account and monopoly to move their products because they sure as hell wouldnt sell shit if people had a choice.

6 hours ago, TLHBO said:

This is just repackaged "always online".

This really the perfect way to describe it.

And how they straight-up duped you, lemmings.

This is them pretty much Microsoft serving you the 2013 E3 Press Conference announcement, in a slightly modified format.

Do you remember WHY you didn't like the Microsoft 2013 E3 announcement about Xbox One's system with how they were going to allow you to play games?

-They have no resale value

-You don't own them

-They're permanently tied to your account

-They require always online

So, now, 6-8 years later, what is the system that Microsoft is selling you?

-You don't own any game

And on top of that, Microsoft actually takes games AWAY from the service, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Are lemmings aware that Microsoft have removed older Forza games from the service?  HAVE REMOVED. Its already happened.

With an Xbox One, you may be angry if your game disc has no resale value.....but if you remove your credit card from your Xbox account, and stop giving them money..........you at least HAVE YOUR GAME DISC, and you can still continue playing the game.

Now, if you remove your credit card from your Xbox account, and stop giving them money, and your GamePass account no longer renews. You have nothing. Literally nothing.

And I'm not even describing the other part, that we ALREADY predicted, and its ALREADY happening.

They're taking franchises that used to be full-featured games at launch, and they're now intentionally breaking it up into pieces, so that they can draw out your subscription for even longer. It happened with Halo.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

This really the perfect way to describe it.

And how they straight-up duped you, lemmings.

This is them pretty much Microsoft serving you the 2013 E3 Press Conference announcement, in a slightly modified format.

Do you remember WHY you didn't like the Microsoft 2013 E3 announcement about Xbox One's system with how they were going to allow you to play games?

-They have no resale value

-You don't own them

So, now, 6-8 years later, what is the system that Microsoft is selling you?

-You don't own any game

And on top of that, Microsoft actually takes games AWAY from the service, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Are lemmings aware that Microsoft have removed older Forza games from the service?  HAVE REMOVED. Its already happened.

With an Xbox One, you may be angry if your game disc has no resale value.....but if you remove your credit card from your Xbox account, and stop giving them money..........you at least HAVE YOUR GAME DISC, and you can still continue playing the game.

Now, if you remove your credit card from your Xbox account, and stop giving them money, and your GamePass account no longer renews. You have nothing. Literally nothing.

And I'm not even describing the other part, that we ALREADY predicted, and its ALREADY happening.

They're taking franchises that used to be full-featured games at launch, and they're now intentionally breaking it up into pieces, so that they can draw out your subscription for even longer. It happened with Halo.

And this is different than Netflix… how? 

3 minutes ago, ghostz said:

And this is different than Netflix… how? 

LOL, did I say that I wanted video gaming to become Netflix?

Netflix more closely resembles cable television.

Something you pay to watch stuff, in which you have no physical possession of.

We're USED TO doing that for tv content for decades now.

Gaming turning into Netflix is not a good thing.

Just now, jehurey said:

LOL, did I say that I wanted video gaming to become Netflix?

Netflix more closely resembles cable television.

Something you pay to watch stuff, in which you have no physical possession of.

We're USED TO doing that for tv content for decades now.

Gaming turning into Netflix is not a good thing.

It doesn’t matter what you want, LOL, that’s the way it’s going. And no one has a problem with Netflix, because at the end of the day, no one cares about owning this shit. 

1 minute ago, ghostz said:

No one cares what you want. :rawf:

I love how he didn't dispute everything that I just described.

the idiot just backtracked from HIS OWN comment.

And he thought he would post MY POST, for some reason, as proof of?????? Absolutely nothing, apparently. LOL