Can you feel gaming and system wars heating up again?

Last gen was dog shit from all fronts. Boring as fuck. Microsoft games is waking from it's dormant state. It only took a decade of failed attempts at releasing tablets, laptops, convertibles, terrible phones, stupid gadgets nobody gave a shit about Microsoft finally faced the truth: They're good at 2 things: Software and Gaming. 

My prediction is half the industry is going to get rolled into gamepass, it's going to turn into Netflix for gaming I think it's inevitable at this point. Sony will become HBO to Microsoft's Netflix, if they don't fail in the process. They're gonna be forced to keep their exclusive AAA game growing exponentially. Each game has to hit to the point that half the industry wants to play it. And they're gonna have to deliver on multiplayer too. None of this 1 big game a year shit from Sony any more. They're gonna have to do 3-4 bangers a year or they're gonna get eaten.  

All this to say that we're gonna see a whole new generation of crazed lunatic fanboys heating up the internet again. 

Edited by Vini
  • Vini changed the title to Can you feel gaming and system wars heating up again?

No, I sense desperate lemmings coming out of the woodwork because they had been letdown by Microsoft, again, these past few months.

And Phil Spencer knows he's struggling with GamePass, and Microsoft had already invested so much money that they had to triple-down, because its plainly obvious that they are trying to force Sony to allow GamePass onto the Playstation userbase.

HBOmax grew their subscriber base to 73 million.

Let me repeat that again.

SEVENTY-THREE MILLION..............paid subscribers. And their only month-to-month price is $15. Annual is $150.

And they got SEVENTY-THREE MILLION people to sign up and pay those prices.

What is Microsoft's excuse?

Just now, jehurey said:

No, I sense desperate lemmings coming out of the woodwork because they had been letdown by Microsoft, again, these past few months.

And Phil Spencer knows he's struggling with GamePass, and Microsoft had already invested so much money that they had to triple-down, because its plainly obvious that they are trying to force Sony to allow GamePass onto the Playstation userbase.

HBOmax grew their subscriber base to 73 million.

Let me repeat that again.

SEVENTY-THREE MILLION..............paid subscribers. And their only month-to-month price is $15. Annual is $150.

And they got SEVENTY-THREE MILLION people to sign up and pay those prices.

What is Microsoft's excuse?

I'm not getting into a 5 page argument with you so I'll respond once. Gamepass has had a steady growth trijectory and I don't see it stopping any time soon, and my comparisons to HBO and Netflix have nothing to do with their subscriber numbers, way more people watch content than play games. That's beside the point. 

4 minutes ago, Vini said:

I'm not getting into a 5 page argument with you so I'll respond once. Gamepass has had a steady growth trijectory

They went from 15 million in Summer of 2020.

To around 20-21 million in Summer of 2021

To 25 million in January 2022........and that's with Forza 5 and Halo FREE MULTIPLAYER and Halo Single-player and the return of $1 promo period during these past 6-7 months.

That's not "steady growth" for a multi-trillion company  that sells a product in every single industrialized nation.

DURING A FUCKING PANDEMIC when people were home.

During that SAME TIME: Summer of 2020 until the end of 2021

AT&T announced in July 2020 that HBO Max had nominally achieved 26.6 million subscribers after its first month of operation, including 23.6 million wholesale customers, primarily legacy HBO pay TV subscribers that were covered by new agreements that added access to HBO Max at no extra charge

to

As of Q4 2021, HBO and HBO Max has a combined total of 73.8 million paying global subscribers.[2][3]

There's no way to spin that.

HBO Max didn't even exist back in June 2020.

GamePass has existed since Fall of 2018. They've been talking about it and promoting it non-stop...........for over four years.

If Nintendo sold any piece of hardware over a four year period, and their sales were 25 million, would anybody consider that a success?

Considering I will be playing Microsoft first party games NOT on Xbox. Huh, no, not really.

At least Sony and Nintendo are still producing exclusive games, way more exciting than getting to play CoD on Gamepass because I got a code for a free month from a cereal box.

• Upvote 2