Phil Spencer - "We intend to honor all previous agreements and desire to keep Call of Duty on PlayStation"

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ghostz got fucking CLAPPED ITT

There are franchises that are simply too big to take off other platforms and the financial loss of doing so would heavily outweigh the benefits of an exclusive. COD is definitely in the Minecraft terr

Lmfao lemmings have been owned.  MS bought Activision to still be a 3rd party dev 

Phil is trying to strong arm his way onto the PS5, it’s obvious what’s going on here. They spent years trying to build a gaming software brand capable of matching PlayStation with very limited success outside of the same shit they’ve been peddling for 15 years (GEARSHALOFORZA) and they’re response has ended up being to simply buy it in the end. 

If they did this deal 15 years ago with what CoD was back then, I imagine they would of paid much less and the whole gaming landscape would look much different. 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

@Vini @ghostz

I told you. :reg:

At best expect map packs to be released first on Xbox. :lul: 

There is a very specific reason he uses words like “intent” and “desire” and doesn’t openly say “PS5 will continue to see annual COD releases.” His statement is vague enough to cover just about any future situation, LOL. 

5 minutes ago, ghostz said:

There is a very specific reason he uses words like “intent” and “desire”

Yeah, it means he's trying to get into the PS5 ecosystem.

And apparently, as of today, he still can't guarantee that.:hest:

I don't know if you noticed, but Phil basically gave his real intentions away with that quote.

All of this is meant for Xbox to try and enter the Playstation userbase.

That is his "desire."

Just now, ghostz said:

There is a very specific reason he uses words like “intent” and “desire” and doesn’t openly say “PS5 will continue to see annual COD releases.” His statement is vague enough to cover just about any future situation, LOL. 

True but that's only because Microsoft is gonna profit from this situation regardless and you can expect some form of exclusivity here and there. Also, expect day one Activision/Blizzard games on Gamepass, which is huge and the main goal of all this.

What they are NOT going to do is lose millions and millions of potential sales by cutting off the biggest console sales shareholder of this franchise.

Dude, they're doing this with all their acquisitions so far. Starfield being the ONLY expectation and I still doubt it will remain exclusive forever. This isn't 1995 anymore, these mega huge third parties need all the sales they can get to continue being profitable. Microsoft is not going to risk it with a 70 billion acquisition. 

They're still in a position of strength anyway and they will play their in one way or another but not in the way you want it, CoD is gonna keep coming to Playstation for now.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah, it means he's trying to get into the PS5 ecosystem.

And apparently, as of today, he still can't guarantee that.:hest:

I don't know if you noticed, but Phil basically gave his real intentions away with that quote.

All of this is meant for Xbox to try and enter the Playstation userbase.

That is his "desire."

No doubt he pushed Gamepass to be on Playstation again.

1 minute ago, FIREPOWER said:

Dumbass @ghostz thinking MS was about to turn away from the billions of dollars they pull in with revenue every year with COD on Playstation for some fanboy pettiness.

:pavarotti: This is why idiots like you don’t run trillion dollar corporations.

You all have given me all I need for perhaps the greatest bump of all time. :blessed:

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

He's been pushing for a while now.

phil-spencer-still-has-hopes-for-xboxs-p

(haven't given up) :D 

We're not strangers to CoD

You know the sales and so do I

A full commitment to Gamepass is what I'm thinking of

You wouldn't get this from any other third party

I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling

Gotta make you understand

Never gonna give you up

Never gonna let you down

Never going to turn around and desert you

:rofl: 

4 minutes ago, ghostz said:

That’s exactly what is going to happen. 

Except for the fact that Phil just tried calling Sony about that very thing today......and got told "No"

After spending $70 billion dollars..........he just got told "No", still.:drake:

• Haha 1

phil that little fgt intents to honor the direct competition that fucked him up for years :kaz:  fucking weak ass lemshit power. typical beta

• Haha 1
Just now, kaz said:

phil that little fgt intents to honor the direct competition that fucked him up for years :kaz:  fucking weak ass lemshit power. typical beta

If the dude were any more of a beta cuck............his press conferences would be live streaming on onlyfans.