EA is “very disappointed” with BF2042’s performance, possibly moving to Free to Play

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Go play BC2 in portal and come tell me with a straight face that the gunplay is better. The bullet spread and deviation is out of control and anyone who prefers that is crazy. BF3 and BF1 are ok but s

Whatever Sony offers, Microsoft can offer double. 

Yeah he should just walk away from a series that had its best selling and one of its highest rated entries just a handful of years ago. Makes sense     They already have a winning formula, t

If I were Vince Zampella, and were not under contractual obligation to remain at EA, I would jump shit and leave all of that, because its basically a no-win situation.

And probably the biggest opportunity to build another military shooter from scratch, with a blank check, just opened up at Sony.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

If I were Vince Zampella, and were not under contractual obligation to remain at EA, I would jump shit and leave all of that, because its basically a no-win situation.

And probably the biggest opportunity to build another military shooter from scratch, with a blank check, just opened up at Sony.

Whatever Sony offers, Microsoft can offer double. 

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Yeah he should just walk away from a series that had its best selling and one of its highest rated entries just a handful of years ago. Makes sense :| 

They already have a winning formula, the last 2 games simply haven't executed on it as well and have suffered from being rushed out.

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

BF1 has a 89 on metacritic. What was the last military shooter that scored that high? Ill wait.

LOL did you just try and boast about a game that came out over 5 years ago:drake:

Gee I wonder why Vince Zampella is being called in, to help????

Edited by jehurey
Just now, jehurey said:

LOL did you just try and boast about a game that came out over 5 years ago:drake:

'Yeah he should just walk away from a series that had its best selling and one of its highest rated entries just a handful of years ago.'

reading comprehension fail

Just now, Twinblade said:

'Yeah he should just walk away from a series that had its best selling and one of its highest rated entries just a handful of years ago.'

reading comprehension fail

Of course he should.

And of course he CAN.

He walked away from:

-Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

and

Call of Duty.

Dude..............not only can he walk away............he's walked away from BETTER military shooter franchises.:hest:

Personally I would never pay full price for a game like this. I got BFV and BF1 for $10 each and that's about as much as I care to pay.

I'll play this in a year or two, basically. 

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Of course he should.

And of course he CAN.

He walked away from:

-Medal of Honor: Allied Assault

and

Call of Duty.

Dude..............not only can he walk away............he's walked away from BETTER military shooter franchises.:hest:

Uhh no. Medal of Honor has never been anything special, the only reason it got any attention originally is because there were basically no other console focused WW2 shooters at the time.

CoD still has a ton of money behind it due to its popularity, but even that hasn't been enough lately. MW 2019 was the peak of the series when it came out and it could only muster a 80-81 on MC.

Its clear that when its at its best, BF is the best rated and most respected military shooter franchise out there.

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Personally I would never pay full price for a game like this. I got BFV and BF1 for $10 each and that's about as much as I care to pay.

I'll play this in a year or two, basically. 

I still have 8 hours of my 10 hour trial, lmao. At this rate it will be free long before I blow through that. 

17 hours ago, Twinblade said:

After hearing that the 4 million sold number included refunds and people who tried the 10 hour trial, then it definitely seems that the game underperformed.

This is what happens when you make an online only game.

F2P was always the goal