Nobody going to talk about Sony buying Bungie for $3.6B?

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

They just went multiplatform with a product that is already multiplatform.......and they now get a cut from that money.

And original Sony properties still remain on Sony platforms.

Its pretty brilliant what Jim Ryan has done. He's helping Bungie fix Destiny so that it can keep on growing and making them more money, and now Sony is basically a partner in that game.

And in return Bungie is going to help make exclusive Sony games. Technically Destiny is now fulfilling his "multiplatform" declaration.

^ :hest:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SEGA just sold off its entire arcade business in Japan because of COVID related losses. They're probably bleeding money and wouldn't mind becoming apart of a major company like Sony. In fact it just m

Is it because they will remain an independent subsidiary and continue to be multiplat?                         Sony 3rd Party Stu

All I see is Herm, Lem, Ghostz tears. Cows still causing full breakdowns after all these years   

33 minutes ago, Remij said:

^ :hest:

You laugh but that's exactly what they're doing.  They're going to keep pumping out their exclusive content + expand into a wider base with  separate multiplat titles etc.

And then then when the benefits of that exclusive game to PlayStation has passed... They port it to PC and get even more sales. 

They've already stated as such. 

It's a win a win for them. 

3 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You laugh but that's exactly what they're doing.  They're going to keep pumping out their exclusive content + expand into a wider base with  separate multiplat titles etc.

And then then when the benefits of that exclusive game to PlayStation has passed... They port it to PC and get even more sales. 

They've already stated as such. 

It's a win a win for them. 

I'm laughing that Jerry thinks Jim Ryan is brilliant... when according to him there was no way Sony was going to do this.. just 1 year or so ago :hest:

You think I've forgotten about "Horizon's coming to PSNow.... Ahahah Hermit's... there's your 'PC version'.. " while gloating like a dipshit?

They're priming their community with "separate multiplat titles" to become more accepting when they start bringing their powerhouse IPs to everything else under the sun through their subscription program... 

It's great to see you guys so accepting of Sony "expanding into wider audiences now"..  But it's REAL CUTE if you think you're going to ride this line where Sony is both exclusive to themselves and 3rd party at the same time..

Sorry... but Sony is OFFICIALLY a 3rd party developer :blessed:

8 minutes ago, bhytre said:

look how happy and defensive the sheep get... for getting nothing :omglol:

LOL, Microsoft spent money to get you................games you were already capable of playing before.:omglol:

So they also got you nothing.

But, you are also wrong..........NEW games will come from this.

let me ask you a question: Insomniac made Sunset Overdrive, and then got bought by Sony. Did Sony get Insomniac for just more Sunset Overdrive????:reg:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

I'm laughing that Jerry thinks Jim Ryan is brilliant... when according to him there was no way Sony was going to do this.. just 1 year or so ago :hest:

Nope, you're wrong there.

Sony's IPs aren't getting touched.

I love how you're trying to retroactively fit this into your OLD narrative.

Holy shit, you are literally bringing up 3 year old butthurt:lawl::lawl:

Its almost as funny as you Tweeting at developers to fix their PC versions of games over Twitter.:lawl:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Nope, you're wrong there.

Sony's IPs aren't getting touched.

I love how you're trying to retroactively fit this into your OLD narrative.

Holy shit, you are literally bringing up 3 year old butthurt:lawl::lawl:

Its almost as funny as you Tweeting at developers to fix their PC versions of games over Twitter.:lawl:

Sony IPs already ARE touched dumbass.. LOL :tom5:

God of War is literally the biggest Sony IP.. and it's multiplay..  Uncharted coming later this year.  Horizon FW is already in development.  GT7 is coming to PC as well.. I've already had it confirmed to me.

LMFAO.  They're more touched than your PS5 has been since you bought it :kaz:

And there's nothing funnier than you thinking that I didn't know you were reading my throwaway twitter account and admitting it on this forum to everyone that you were always checking it:cruise:

Edited by Remij
Just now, Remij said:

Sony IPs already ARE touched dumbass.. LOL :tom5:

God of War is literally the biggest Sony IP.. and it's multiplay..  Uncharted coming later this year.  Horizon FW is already in development.  GT7 is coming to PC as well.. I've already had it confirmed to me.

LMFAO.  They're more touched than your PS5 has been since you bought it :kaz:

And there's nothing funnier than you thinking that I didn't know you were reading my throwaway twitter account :cruise:

He's melting down again.

:blessed:Just like I knew he would:blessed:

hey where's Demon Souls on the PC????????:drake:

Edited by jehurey
14 minutes ago, Remij said:

You think I've forgotten about "Horizon's coming to PSNow.... Ahahah Hermit's... there's your 'PC version'.. " while gloating like a dipshit?

They're priming their community with "separate multiplat titles" to become more accepting when they start bringing their powerhouse IPs to everything else under the sun through their subscription program... 

It's great to see you guys so accepting of Sony "expanding into wider audiences now"..  But it's REAL CUTE if you think you're going to ride this line where Sony is both exclusive to themselves and 3rd party at the same time..

Sorry... but Sony is OFFICIALLY a 3rd party developer :blessed:

You're confused.  I've always said Sony will port games to PC after it's passed its exclusive importance to PlayStation... Because that's what they said they were doing starting this gen. 

What I said won't happen was day 1 releases of those exclusive PlayStation games on PC :umad:

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL he even terminated his "throwaway' twitter account when I briefly mentioned it a month ago in a post.

That's how I already knew he was lurking on this forum for well over a month now:lawl:

You think something like MS buying Activision isn't going to prompt me to check in on this dump?  Especially when I knew you'd be melting down the way you did for an entire week straight? LOL

Seeing that you admitted to checking my twitter account was just icing on top.. lmfao you thought you had some secret eyes on me and that I didn't anticipate that.. LMFAO I did that purposefully because I knew you would!!:cruise:

Just now, Goukosan said:

You're confused.  I've always said Sony will port games to PC after it's passed its exclusive importance to PlayStation... Because that's what they said they were doing starting this gen. 

What I said won't happen was day 1 releases of those exclusive PlayStation games on PC :umad:

I was responding to Jehurey, not you though.

And you're going to come to find that as I said, by the end of this generation.. Sony will have started launching their IPs on PC day 1. :] 

Just now, Remij said:

You think something like MS buying Activision isn't going to prompt me to check in on this dump?

You didn't pop in when that happened.

You popped in when Sony bought Bungie.

And no.........I've already caught you LURKING on this forum the moment you did something to your twitter account when I briefly mentioned it over a months ago.

You were already caught.

Its amazing...........you had absolutely zero element of surprise, and I was already expecting you. :lawl:

Even funny is how ports of games on PC has glitches that you were having to go to twitter to beg Digital Foundry to complain about them.

And you inadvertently admitted that you bought a Playstation 5.:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

1 minute ago, Remij said:

Except I've already mentioned the same exact thing as Gouko did before, and said I had no problem with Sony dumping last-gen ports on PC.

I mean................look at those sales numbers for a FULL PRICED port of a four year old God of War game.

Those poor bastard hermits were starving. Bad.

FULL PRICE, they paid FULL PRICE for a four year old port.

I'm sure you did too.:tom:

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

You didn't pop in when that happened.

You popped in when Sony bought Bungie.

And no.........I've already caught you LURKING on this forum the moment you did something to your twitter account when I briefly mentioned it over a months ago.

You were already caught.

Its amazing...........you had absolutely zero element of surprise, and I was already expecting you. :lawl:

Even funny is how ports of games on PC has glitches that you were having to go to twitter to beg Digital Foundry to complain about them.

And you inadvertently admitted that you bought a Playstation 5.:lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl::lawl:

Haha, no I popped in and just watched you melt down.  There was no need for me to post at all :tom:

And now this Bungie acquisition, and remaining multiplatform, was worth coming here and laughing at you about.

You saw what I wanted you to see... and admitted what I wanted you to admit  :hest:

And no.. LOL I don't own a PS5 :mj:

Just now, Remij said:

Haha, no I popped in and just watched you melt down. 

No you didn't.

I already found out you were lurking over a month ago.

Your last minute excuse is not working. Not to mention you just abandoned your "I came for the Microsoft-Activision news" story right now.:tom:

yes you do own a PS5, I even have the receipts on that.

Sweetie, by the way, there's no use you trying to cover up your Twitter, I already got proof of the most embarassing posts on there. So you're already too late.

Like I said..........you literally had no element of surprise popping in here.:hest:

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Except I've already mentioned the same exact thing as Gouko did before, and said I had no problem with Sony dumping last-gen ports on PC.

I mean................look at those sales numbers for a FULL PRICED port of a four year old God of War game.

Those poor bastard hermits were starving. Bad.

FULL PRICE, they paid FULL PRICE for a four year old port.

I'm sure you did too.:tom:

GoW wasn't full price :drake:

I also saw you melting down about it being best on PC. :hehe:  "bubu best on MY PC not yours :tear2:"

LOL I guess not.. since you don't own it :tom5:

And Hermits seem to be playing PS4 games around the same time you are.  :kaz:

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

And you're going to come to find that as I said, by the end of this generation.. Sony will have started launching their IPs on PC day 1. :] 

You're quoting me but responding to Jehurey? Lol

Don't be slick, I'm taking about their exclusive content