Nobody going to talk about Sony buying Bungie for $3.6B?

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Nope, I've played quite a bit of it.

Thanks for being butthurt to go looking me up (again).

No...........I said BEST on my PC.

because it would play best on my PC.  You can definitely talk about how I don't own it, because I would love for you to point out that I'm not the one chasing and paying full price for four year old ports.

Like you guys did.:hest:

BEST on my PC :cries:

"No it isn't.  It's not on your PC and never will be"

Bubut in theory :tear2:

:ovolol:

He asked why anyone would buy a port of a 4 year old game.... when the answer is... to have the BEST version. :trump3:

Glad he admitted it.  Glad to hear him say that there's no reason to play 4 year old games.  It's not like he intends to play the sequel so no need to finish the first one :hest:

Edited by Remij
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SEGA just sold off its entire arcade business in Japan because of COVID related losses. They're probably bleeding money and wouldn't mind becoming apart of a major company like Sony. In fact it just m

Is it because they will remain an independent subsidiary and continue to be multiplat?                         Sony 3rd Party Stu

All I see is Herm, Lem, Ghostz tears. Cows still causing full breakdowns after all these years   

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

They were about PSP games. You're so rattled you're lying like a 3-year-old now. :pavarotti:

bA1cgOO.jpg

5xWXLAN.jpg

No they weren't. The comments above were about NES games regarding a subscription service.

Holy shit, you have completely botched this. LOL

31 minutes ago, Remij said:

Meltdown continues.:hest:

Yup. it is best on my PC. And there's nothing you can do about it.

1 hour ago, Substatic said:

So it's best on PC right?

My PC, actually.

Hey, you want me to be "right"..........and so I'm being as "right" as possible.

It would actually play best.........on MY PC.:reg: Right?

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

Meltdown continues.:hest:

Yup. it is best on my PC. And there's nothing you can do about it.

My PC, actually.

Hey, you want me to be "right"..........and so I'm being as "right" as possible.

It would actually play best.........on MY PC.:reg: Right?

So it's better on PS5 than PC?

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

nah, they own atlus (persona >>>>). capcom sucks now.

Damn haha. 

They're both great.

Capcom DOES need to cut out the first person RE though.  It was a fun change, but RE2R proved that it's the best style of RE game that Capcom can make these days.  Go back to that and they're golden.

They really need SF6 to be awesome though...

8 minutes ago, Remij said:

Damn haha. 

They're both great.

Capcom DOES need to cut out the first person RE though.  It was a fun change, but RE2R proved that it's the best style of RE game that Capcom can make these days.  Go back to that and they're golden.

They really need SF6 to be awesome though...

i liked re 7 way more than re 2 and re 8. but that's just me.

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

i liked re 7 way more than re 2 and re 8. but that's just me.

Yeah that's the thing.  There's a lot of fans on both sides.  They're always going to disappoint one group of people or the other IMO.

But I think Capcom is damn good these days.  WAYYYYYYYY better than they were during "the dark times" in the PS3 era haha.

• Upvote 1

surprised people are downplaying this acquistion. It is by far the biggest acquisition that fills the biggest hole in Sony's catalogue and they have acquired the company that is at the absolute pinnacle of that field (FPS and live service games).

(doesn't hurt that they were my fav 3rd party dev either lol)

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

surprised people are downplaying this acquistion. It is by far the biggest acquisition that fills the biggest hole in Sony's catalogue and they have acquired the company that is at the absolute pinnacle of that field (FPS and live service games).

I don’t think anyone thinks of Destiny as the top tier of FPS

6 minutes ago, ghostz said:

I don’t think anyone thinks of Destiny as the top tier of FPS

It's literally the best FPS gameplay since Halo but a country mile. Not even close. Player numbers and longevity there too.

And Destiny is the game that created live service games on consoles and has survived and thrived for over a generation when 99% of others have died. 

Not to mention Bungie are MP kings too. 

FPS, MP focus (coop or pvp), live service games. 3 biggest holes in Sony's catalogue

27 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yeah that's the thing.  There's a lot of fans on both sides.  They're always going to disappoint one group of people or the other IMO.

But I think Capcom is damn good these days.  WAYYYYYYYY better than they were during "the dark times" in the PS3 era haha.

tru dat!

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

What is interesting is that it doesn't appear that they have done a spin-off of Destiny under a separate business entity.

But clearly there must some deal in place in which Sony has granted Bungie executives, or specific employees or shareholders revenue of what Destiny brings in.

And Sony must also be sharing in that revenue, or else why not have Bungie and its execs create a spinoff business to move the Destiny IP over to that?

And, I was thinking about another tactic to diminish the effect of Activision and CoD, and one of the things I was thinking about was "get those casual gamers onto another multiplat FPS game" and if Sony and Bungie work together to reboot Destiny and make Destiny 3 and be able to churn out tons of post-release content, it could become the per-eminent multiplayer shooter across everything.

And then Sony announces that all major post-release content for Destiny 3 comes to PS5 first, as a timed exclusive. And now they've essentially recreated the whole CoD Marketing deal all over again.

Also a little perspective because Destiny truly is it's own sub genre for gaming that many people don't realise just how big and successful it is and has been.

Destiny 2 (2017 release) is currently the 9th most played game on Steam with 60Kish players. It hasn't had any major new content in a while, this is just ppl playing in anticipation for the expansion this month. Wait to see the numbers then.

Meanwhile Halo Infinite, which came out in Nov, is now the 44th most played game on Steam. 

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Also a little perspective because Destiny truly is it's own sub genre for gaming that many people don't realise just how big and successful it is and has been.

Destiny 2 (2017 release) is currently the 9th most played game on Steam with 60Kish players. It hasn't had any major new content in a while, this is just ppl playing in anticipation for the expansion this month. Wait to see the numbers then.

Meanwhile Halo Infinite, which came out in Nov, is now the 44th most played game on Steam. 

Ok, how about using PS data and Xbox data and not irrelevant PC stats? :mj:

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

apparently the new DLC that is coming this month already has 1,000,000 pre-orders.

So, in terms of money, Bungie isn't hurting for money.

But it seems painfully clear that they think Destiny is capable of getting REALLY BIG, like maybe even close to Fortnite-levels of big.

And their slow development tools are now holding them back from making serious money.

But how do they reboot their development tools and ramp up a new Destiny project while still producing content for the existing platform? That's why they clearly needed outside help.