(Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]

1 hour ago, ghostz said:

I’ll be watching to see if you play. :smugcena:

:drake:so you are so butthurt, you'll actually be spending time staring at other playstation gamers' profiles, because you have nothing to play on your xbox?

thanks for admitting that:blessed:

• Haha 1
  • dead 1
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate 

I love how each village/clan have a distinct cultural feel to them.

This is what you do when you have nothing to play on your Shitbox? You scour the the internet looking for glitches on a great game? Damn, sucks to be a lemshit.    

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

the DF video is going to truly showcase the differences between the ps5 quality and ps4 base. it will probably be bigger than the series x/series s differences with forza horizon 5, which were huge.

Yeah will be huge, they seem to be gushing about the game too.

Don't know if I'l watch it though, trying to not see much footage, haven't seen anything outside of this thread and scores. 

5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, when i read that, i was definitely interested. as for the "souls-fatigue", that could definitely bog down the score. however, i think critics will like seeing the open, more accessible approach. but yeah, i can see some using it as a con, as well. ultimately, fuck it, it looks like it's going to be an extraordinary game for souls fans.

Yep.  Gonna be a treat for us Souls fans, that's for sure.

But yea, I'm still checking out some reviews and videos of Horizon FW, and god damn, the water looks incredible.  They've put so much work into just the one aspect.  All the different types of water bodies, and flowing streams within different environments..  The waves look particularly impressive!  What a massive jump over their previous game...wow!

• aitch 1
4 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yep.  Gonna be a treat for us Souls fans, that's for sure.

But yea, I'm still checking out some reviews and videos of Horizon FW, and god damn, the water looks incredible.  They've put so much work into just the one aspect.  All the different types of water bodies, and flowing streams within different environments..  The waves look particularly impressive!  What a massive jump over their previous game...wow!

yeah, that was my favorite part of the DF breakdown. so gorgeous!

9 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yeah will be huge, they seem to be gushing about the game too.

Don't know if I'l watch it though, trying to not see much footage, haven't seen anything outside of this thread and scores. 

yeah, it was brilliant. the 30 minutes flew by. i was in complete awe. i'm just hoping i can play it asap. maybe i can get covid on friday 😂 jk...maybe

• Haha 1
20 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I found the JonB of game reviewers. This guy consistently underscores Playstation exclusives and overrates Xbox games. Talk about being a fanboy

Q5YIw7x.jpg

xbox Scores:

Halo Infinite -9.5
FH5 - 10
Psychonauts 2 - 9
Tell Me Why - 10
Gears 5 - 9

It’s sad when you see fanboy reviewers.

:pavarotti: That’s what happens when MS gets their ass handed to them for a decade on Metacritic . These fanboy outlets pop up so that they can bring “balance” by underrating PS games and overrating Xbox’s dogshit games. 

Gamersyde had an uncompressed 5.5GB video review that can be downloaded from their website.

https://www.gamersyde.com/video_horizon_forbidden_west_english_review-46323_en.html

downloaded that and slapped it on a USB drive and plugged it into my LG OLED to see how much better it could look.

My goodness, the reds, blues, and yellows are the most important colors in the game (obviously), but it really is accentuated when watching on an OLED.  And black level is going to be huge in this game.

That red infection that is covering the plants looks stunning, visually, better than the traditional green jungle and tropical foliage.

And when she uses that holographic glider, its like blue lasers making those hexagonal shapes, and it has this rich, pulsating glow to it. But its not like the first game, where the glow is completely crazy and super blown out.

Its a very crisp, very bright glow, that doesn't have an overly annoying "light flaring" effect that HZD had (think of the Spielberg movie A.I. and how the night scenes in the city looked really annoying with the glowing lights, I felt that same way playing Zero Dawn sometimes).

And the 4K Youtube video isn't properly capturing the porous texture of rocks as you climb on certain cliffs. That's where black levels are super important (and probably ensuring you have the highest possible resolution). The caves are ABSOLUTE BLACKNESS, and one blue atmospheric light enters the cave and lights up the outline of Aloy's body and outlines certain shapes of rocks inside the cave.  Its stunning.

And you don't need to do what Digital Foundry did when using the camera function to zoom up to the water foam to see the little bubbles. You're able to see that from the regular gameplay camera, that's how detailed the game can look (in spots).

• aitch 1

the digital foundry article is up, and they do an ol' fashioned image comparison tool to show the differences between the PS4 and PS5 versions.

Feels like they haven't one of those in years. But it really shows how there's really fine details in the PS5 version. Like in the first shot with the fox, you can see the skeletal lines of the yellows in front on the PS5 version, whereas the PS4 just has a yellow leaf-shaped object with almost no texture on it.

For an open world game, where the camera is pulled back, this is still absolutely fucking insanely good on the PS4, hopefully one day people will able to analyze just that version in a vacuum so that Guerilla Games gets its proper praise for easily, easily developing the best looking last-gen game.

But here is where you start to see some insane details in the images that takes the PS5 to another level, whereas you start seeing things get a little pixelated and messy in the PS4 versions.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-horizon-forbidden-west-the-digital-foundry-tech-review

• aitch 2
6 hours ago, jehurey said:

the digital foundry article is up, and they do an ol' fashioned image comparison tool to show the differences between the PS4 and PS5 versions.

Feels like they haven't one of those in years. But it really shows how there's really fine details in the PS5 version. Like in the first shot with the fox, you can see the skeletal lines of the yellows in front on the PS5 version, whereas the PS4 just has a yellow leaf-shaped object with almost no texture on it.

For an open world game, where the camera is pulled back, this is still absolutely fucking insanely good on the PS4, hopefully one day people will able to analyze just that version in a vacuum so that Guerilla Games gets its proper praise for easily, easily developing the best looking last-gen game.

But here is where you start to see some insane details in the images that takes the PS5 to another level, whereas you start seeing things get a little pixelated and messy in the PS4 versions.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2022-horizon-forbidden-west-the-digital-foundry-tech-review

Nice! I look forward to watching this later. 

• -GD-X★ changed the title to (Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]