(Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate 

I love how each village/clan have a distinct cultural feel to them.

This is what you do when you have nothing to play on your Shitbox? You scour the the internet looking for glitches on a great game? Damn, sucks to be a lemshit.    

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

The side quests seem essential. If you only followed the main story path you would rack up like half the amount of skill points compared to if you did the side quests.

very good. at least for my gaming tastes.

maybe there are people out there who start these open world games, and don't bother to do any side missions. but I never found the logic in that.

this is,of course, assuming that the side quests are somewhat decent and interesting to do.

like Witcher 3.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

very good. at least for my gaming tastes.

maybe there are people out there who start these open world games, and don't bother to do any side missions. but I never found the logic in that.

this is,of course, assuming that the side quests are somewhat decent and interesting to do.

like Witcher 3.

Well, you’d have to play it… first. 

I've been absolutely smashing it. Game is excellent. More Horizon but with much greater variety, more refined and more of everything. The combat is still by far my fav open world combat, nothing else is quite like this franchise. Love the rpg elements with all the components and how it integrates with the combat. The world is much larger and everything in it feels more substantial than the first. The side missions are as big as many main missions and the world is fleshed out way more. So far the main plot is a bit meh but the side missions fill that gap with more personal stories of the world. 

Graphically it is just a whole new level, unreal what they have achieved. Some of the cleanest most amazing character models and the graphics during some of these mech fights are unreal, especially since environmental damage has been ramped up big time. Some absolutely epic moments.  

• Like 1
  • aitch 1
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to (Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]
4 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

There’s a guy in the game who I would LOVE to kill :D I know he’s the not the villain, but fuck…I hope I get to kill this wacko :D 

seems like, as far as the first few hours go, the game is fairly engaging and it motivates you to keep on going to the next quest and the next?

Digital Foundry said that this was like an open world game designed for people who don't like open world games. Does that seem like that's the case? And how?

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

seems like, as far as the first few hours go, the game is fairly engaging and it motivates you to keep on going to the next quest and the next?

Digital Foundry said that this was like an open world game designed for people who don't like open world games. Does that seem like that's the case? And how?

First few hours? Shiii I’m like 16 hours in. I will say the first 1/4 of the campaign feels like a prettier retread to zero dawn. The game becomes significantly better as it progresses, though. Even Aloy develops a personality lol. I have only been doing the main missions and I only have several left. So, without any side stuff, you have a solid, well-diversified 20 hours (based on how long each mission runs). After I beat it, I want to spend dozens of hours checking out the stuff I missed. I have passed villages that look so wild and populated, yet haven’t played a part in the campaign. I’m weird in that I tend to enjoy side stuff more, knowing the campaign is completed, due to fear of burning out. 

but yeah, jehurey, Ubisoft can learn a lot from this game. I haven’t been forced into doing a single side mission, but they do look cool and I would like to get to know certain characters better. So, DF is spot on. 

The balance is all over the place in this game. A level 15 sidequest for example is significantly harder than a level 15 main story quest. Some of them have you fighting massive machines that you haven't encountered before that not only soak up a ton of damage but can also wreck you in like 2 hits. Then you do a story quest with the same level recommendation after and its a cakewalk in comparison.

29 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The balance is all over the place in this game. A level 15 sidequest for example is significantly harder than a level 15 main story quest. Some of them have you fighting massive machines that you haven't encountered before that not only soak up a ton of damage but can also wreck you in like 2 hits. Then you do a story quest with the same level recommendation after and its a cakewalk in comparison.

I’m glad I just ran through the campaign then. The progression system is consistent. I’ll be more than glad to crush those quests while I’m overpowered :smoke:

• aitch 1
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

First few hours? Shiii I’m like 16 hours in. I will say the first 1/4 of the campaign feels like a prettier retread to zero dawn. The game becomes significantly better as it progresses, though. Even Aloy develops a personality lol. I have only been doing the main missions and I only have several left. So, without any side stuff, you have a solid, well-diversified 20 hours (based on how long each mission runs). After I beat it, I want to spend dozens of hours checking out the stuff I missed. I have passed villages that look so wild and populated, yet haven’t played a part in the campaign. I’m weird in that I tend to enjoy side stuff more, knowing the campaign is completed, due to fear of burning out. 

but yeah, jehurey, Ubisoft can learn a lot from this game. I haven’t been forced into doing a single side mission, but they do look cool and I would like to get to know certain characters better. So, DF is spot on. 

I'm basically playing the complete opposite way lol. Over 25h in and doing nearly everything along the way. Think I'll focus a bit of the main missions now as I'm still missing some devices needed for some side content. 

Game truly does continually get better. So of the environments are breath taking.

• Like 2