(Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]

Finished the campaign. I thoroughly enjoyed how the last act played out. The ending was satisfying. I won’t say whether or not it felt definitive (due to spoilers). I look forward to checking out the side stuff. I won’t give it a score yet, because I need to see the other aspects of the world. However, I clearly loved the campaign enough to put 14 hours into it today (20 hours total). 

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate 

I love how each village/clan have a distinct cultural feel to them.

This is what you do when you have nothing to play on your Shitbox? You scour the the internet looking for glitches on a great game? Damn, sucks to be a lemshit.    

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Finished the campaign. I thoroughly enjoyed how the last act played out. The ending was satisfying. I won’t say whether or not it felt definitive (due to spoilers). I look forward to checking out the side stuff. I won’t give it a score yet, because I need to see the other aspects of the world. However, I clearly loved the campaign enough to put 14 hours into it today. 

14 hours in a day is nuts :D 

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Hey @-GD-X, have you went back and done some of the side missions for the people at the Poseidon area (don't want to spoil location). Some really cool stuff when you progress those missions. 

Not yet. I did ruins and tall necks. There’s still a massive chunk of the map I have touched, despite beating it :deader: I will be playing this for the next few months. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Covid has helped lol Can't leave the house for a week plus trying to stay away from the fam. Not gonna manage it though. Game is huge. But I'll get close. I'll just have to put Elden Ring on hold for a couple days

O damn. That will do it. Well, you got covid at a good time :jokercat:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

Covid has helped lol Can't leave the house for a week plus trying to stay away from the fam. Not gonna manage it though. Game is huge. But I'll get close. I'll just have to put Elden Ring on hold for a couple days

Yeah, me and my wife both got covid over Christmas break and had to isolate for 2 weeks and all we did was play games.  It was amazing :D 

And thankfully it was little more than a typical cold for us. 🙂 

• Haha 2
Just now, Remij said:

Yeah, me and my wife both got covid over Christmas break and had to isolate for 2 weeks and all we did was play games.  It was amazing :D 

And thankfully it was little more than a typical cold for us. 🙂 

Don't wanna talk it down cause it's diff for everyone but it's hard to explain just how mild it was. Less than 12 hours of any symptoms. Have been 100% since the morning after my positive test. 

• Like 1
Just now, madmaltese said:

Don't wanna talk it down cause it's diff for everyone but it's hard to explain just how mild it was. Less than 12 hours of any symptoms. Have been 100% since the morning after my positive test. 

Yea definitely.  You never know with it.  It affects everyone differently, and hell, just because you had a mild case the first time doesn't mean it can't put you on your ass down the line.  But yea, for both of us it was basically just sore throats for the first few days and some light coughing.  I did lose my taste and smell to varying degrees.. not completely, but more like dulled senses for a bit, but they came back to normal a few days later.

By the second week we were both back to 100%.  Our daughter somehow didn't get it at all, which was very surprising.  Very thankful for that though.

14 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea definitely.  You never know with it.  It affects everyone differently, and hell, just because you had a mild case the first time doesn't mean it can't put you on your ass down the line.  But yea, for both of us it was basically just sore throats for the first few days and some light coughing.  I did lose my taste and smell to varying degrees.. not completely, but more like dulled senses for a bit, but they came back to normal a few days later.

By the second week we were both back to 100%.  Our daughter somehow didn't get it at all, which was very surprising.  Very thankful for that though.

I just had muscle aches, lower back pain and a low fever for one night. Zero respiratory or flu like sympthoms or any loss of taste/smell or even fatigue. I defs had Omicron though which is the mildest. 

Somehow my wife hasn't gotten it at all and we went out to dinner the night before my positive result and tasted each others food and even tried her wine, etc. So strange lol but not complaining. Kids I think got it but it's just been a very mild cold for them. 

Just got the plat! (Still at 0.1% rarity) Didn’t think I could do it before Elden Ring but managed with a day to spare.

Game is a blast. Bigger, better and more refined than the original. The main draw is still very much the mechs and the combat. Some breathtaking moments and still my fav combat in open world games. The world is much denser than the original, full of many stories of its inhabitants that brings the world to life. However I still feel guerilla struggles to tell it’s stories. Dialogue heavy, exposition drops and lack of true flow between its story beats hold it back narratively imo, especially compared to other Sony first party in that regard. However that was never the draw, it’s all about this world and those mechs and they are spectacular. The locations are far better than the original too and the mission structure, especially in the side missions is a major improvement. 

9/10

• aitch 2

Im clearly in the minority it seems, because I find the combat to be the weakest part of the game and its definitely hindering my overall enjoyment of it. Ill have more thoughts once I finish, Im 24 hours but I think I still have a ways to go in the main story. Ill give them credit for the side quests, the game doesn't bombard you with a bunch like other open world games, but the few that are there are meaningfully designed and fleshed out more than I expected.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im clearly in the minority it seems, because I find the combat to be the weakest part of the game and its definitely hindering my overall enjoyment of it. Ill have more thoughts once I finish, Im 24 hours but I think I still have a ways to go in the main story. Ill give them credit for the side quests, the game doesn't bombard you with a bunch like other open world games, but the few that are there are meaningfully designed and fleshed out more than I expected.

I love the combat. I maxed out melee and was able to unleash serious damage, it’s also faster and more fluid than the first game.