(Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]

1 hour ago, madmaltese said:

Just got the plat! (Still at 0.1% rarity) Didn’t think I could do it before Elden Ring but managed with a day to spare.

Game is a blast. Bigger, better and more refined than the original. The main draw is still very much the mechs and the combat. Some breathtaking moments and still my fav combat in open world games. The world is much denser than the original, full of many stories of its inhabitants that brings the world to life. However I still feel guerilla struggles to tell it’s stories. Dialogue heavy, exposition drops and lack of true flow between its story beats hold it back narratively imo, especially compared to other Sony first party in that regard. However that was never the draw, it’s all about this world and those mechs and they are spectacular. The locations are far better than the original too and the mission structure, especially in the side missions is a major improvement. 

9/10

Great review. I think I dug the story more than most people, perhaps because I played the main missions in a linear style. It’s like fun b movie sci-fi. I definitely look forward to doing the side quests. How long did it take you to plat? 

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate 

I love how each village/clan have a distinct cultural feel to them.

This is what you do when you have nothing to play on your Shitbox? You scour the the internet looking for glitches on a great game? Damn, sucks to be a lemshit.    

Posted Images

7 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Great review. I think I dug the story more than most people, perhaps because I played the main missions in a linear style. It’s like fun b movie sci-fi. I definitely look forward to doing the side quests. How long did it take you to plat? 

Was about a 45h plat with really good trophy design. Gets you yo do a bit of everything but you don’t need to fully 100% it.

Just now, madmaltese said:

Was about a 45h plat with really good trophy design. Gets you yo do a bit of everything but you don’t need to fully 100% it.

nice man! i'll try to plat it then! did you max out all of your skills?

Just now, madmaltese said:

Yeah pretty much by the end. You have to get to Level 50 for a trophy and you’ll get so many skill points for quests too 

nice! i'm already in the 30's. that 300% melee damage is godly, eh?

Just now, Twinblade said:

Damn :D guess there’s no chance I’ll finish it before tomorrow

nah. i mean, unless you plow through the second half and skip the side stuff. it can be done in 10 hours. i definitely felt like the second half was the better one, though. however, i know you aren't as fond of the game as i am, so you may just want to shelve it until you are done with elden ring. that open world burnout is going to be real lol. no close how @madmaltese can play these games back-to-back, with a platinum in FW.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

nah. i mean, unless you plow through the second half and skip the side stuff. it can be done in 10 hours. i definitely felt like the second half was the better one, though. however, i know you aren't as fond of the game as i am, so you may just want to shelve it until you are done with elden ring. that open world burnout is going to be real lol. no close how @madmaltese can play these games back-to-back, with a platinum in FW.

I like everything else about the game but the combat is really wearing me down. I was already getting tired of it by the end of the first game, so the fact that FW is just more of that is not sitting well with me.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I like everything else about the game but the combat is really wearing me down. I was already getting tired of it by the end of the first game, so the fact that FW is just more of that is not sitting well with me.

are you using stealth, traps, overrides and/or melee? i just ended up switching to melee. i was able to tear through each mission....and there's something so satisfying about seeing specs of the dinosaurs break off.

Messing around with the photo mode, I came across a fantastic detail.

Simple enough picture:

IdUWY4Y.jpg

But when you zoom in, you see that the light is also catching those specific facial hairs in the path of the light.

DcJNSon.jpg

can even see little hair on her ears.

2 hours ago, jehurey said:

Messing around with the photo mode, I came across a fantastic detail.

Simple enough picture:

IdUWY4Y.jpg

But when you zoom in, you see that the light is also catching those specific facial hairs in the path of the light.

DcJNSon.jpg

can even see little hair on her ears.

Yeah, I need to upload some of the photos I took. Lots of amazing details! 

I have completed the long neck overrides. Dope! I also finished my third cauldron. Here are a few, non-spoiler pics I took during gameplay. I just realized I had never enabled photo sharing to my ps app, prior to today :mjcry:

A38EB694-2A34-403C-B668-42F7D264A744.jpeg

F5C45872-F426-492F-93BE-186F45907FA6.jpeg

• Like 2