(Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]

2 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, man. i'm excited to explore the world. i hope i can free up enough time over the weekend. i really want to sink a good 10 -15 hours into it.

I've already booked next Friday off for Elden Ring, and that's what I plan on doing.  All damn weekend exploring the fuck out of everything I can. :love:

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate 

I love how each village/clan have a distinct cultural feel to them.

This is what you do when you have nothing to play on your Shitbox? You scour the the internet looking for glitches on a great game? Damn, sucks to be a lemshit.    

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Told ya’ll the PS4 version would look almost the same. PS5 version has better textures but you can tell this is a cross gen game through and through.

You were wrong then and you're wrong now.  Game looks absolutely stunning on PS5.  

6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, he's trying so hard.

the whole point is you are utterly failing at assessing the game's visuals on its own versus your conception of a "cross-gen" game.

Digital Foundry knows alot about what "cross-gen" game development really means, and they're telling us, in no uncertain terms, that is the best looking game that is doing things at the highest level.

Now who am I going to believe, them, my eyes of the footage we're seeing?.......or you?

you're relying on the term "cross-gen" as a crutch, and you're basing the rest of your analysis from that as a core reference point.

I'm telling you that basing it off of that is completely disingenuous.

I’ll be watching to see if you play. :smugcena:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You were wrong then and you're wrong now.  Game looks absolutely stunning on PS5.  

Brah, how is twinblade still trying to stick by his cross gen comments lol It's pretty much the most visually amazing game ever created and it's near sorcery this runs on PS4 at the level it does.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Brah, how is twinblade still trying to stick by his cross gen comments lol It's pretty much the most visually amazing game ever created and it's near sorcery this runs on PS4 at the level it does.

I just got done playing Dying Light 2 for over 50 hours and the ray traced lighting is incredible. Horizon is the better looking game overall but I look at all the pretty screens and Its immediately noticeable just how flat and unnatural the lighting is in comparison. Ray Tracing should have been standard in this game (in Quality mode) and it needs to be standard in every first party Sony game going forward.

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Even after this DF video and even after the next upcoming PS5 vs PS4 video... He will triple down once again :sabu:

5 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I just got done playing Dying Light 2 for over 50 hours and the ray traced lighting is incredible. Horizon is the better looking game overall but I look at all the pretty screens and Its immediately noticeable just how flat and unnatural the lighting is in comparison. Ray Tracing should have been standard in this game (in Quality mode) and it needs to be standard in every first party Sony game going forward.

I don't get what you are trying to say because Dying Light 2 is cross plat also and your argument is that Horizon being cross plat held it back..........from it looking as good as another cross plat game? 

This game is the best looking game on PS5 atm, pretty unanimously so as well. Better than PS5 exclusives Ratchet and Demon Souls by the sounds of things, so while maybe there were some possible gameplay elements that were held back due to cross plat, it's quite clear non of the visuals were compromised. 

4 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Even after this DF video and even after the next upcoming PS5 vs PS4 video... He will triple down once again :sabu:

Seems to be the case.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

I don't get what you are trying to say because Dying Light 2 is cross plat also and your argument is that Horizon being cross plat held it back..........from it looking as good as another cross plat game? 

This game is the best looking game on PS5 atm, pretty unanimously so as well. Better than PS5 exclusives Ratchet and Demon Souls by the sounds of things, so while maybe there were some possible gameplay elements that were held back due to cross plat, it's quite clear non of the visuals were compromised. 

Seems to be the case.

If they had dropped the PS4 version and instead focused on getting the most out of the PS5 (including adding in some implementation of Ray Tracing) it would have been a true next gen showcase. Despite the added detail in the PS5 version they both look very similar because the lighting and post processing is basically the same across both platforms

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

If they had dropped the PS4 version and instead focused on getting the most out of the PS5 (including adding in some implementation of Ray Tracing) it would have been a true next gen showcase. Despite the added detail in the PS5 version they both look very similar because the lighting and post processing is basically the same across both platforms

Being cross gen has nothing to do with Ray tracing being enabled in the PS5 version. 

Isnt drying light 2 also a cross gen game? :umad:

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You have no idea that it being cross plat is what held back the Ray Tracing. Miles was cross plat and the PS5 version got Ray Tracing. 

What we know is that we got the best looking last gen game ever made and probably the best looking current game ever made (i'll wait to play it to judge) and you are still trying to say it got held back. Wtf is everyone else doing lol Best visual game ever is apparently a held back Horizon 2. 

19 minutes ago, ghostz said:

Ones AAA, ones AA 

:D 

Dat cope. :mj: Don't you have some nail polish to be buying in Halo Midfinite right about now?

:kaz: Halo is dead as fuck and no one seems to care it's "AAA" on Gamespot except for your retarded ass.

HalodeadCapture.thumb.JPG.d2081772b8b360baaf9aeed174264b61.JPG

El6IgsmVkAANlDg.jpg.10d7a8b2de65ff55f2d782809cd6aa25.jpg

29 minutes ago, Remij said:

I've already booked next Friday off for Elden Ring, and that's what I plan on doing.  All damn weekend exploring the fuck out of everything I can. :love:

nice, homie! yeah, i want to see if it's as accessible as they say it is. i usually don't have the patience for From games, but this looks amazing.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

nice, homie! yeah, i want to see if it's as accessible as they say it is. i usually don't have the patience for From games, but this looks amazing.

Yea, apparently it's still pretty challenging, but you as a player have far more options with how to deal with enemies now.  It seems they've done a lot of work to balance out the different classes and move-sets so that many different playstyles are viable now.

That's a great change for accessibility for newcomers.. as well as that more upfront story and quest dialog from NPCs.  It makes the story more approachable and understandably by people who don't want to have to analyze and read into every detail of every item in the game to build the story.  All that stuff is still there, for those people who enjoy it and want to get deeper into the lore, of course.. but for casual fans, that should also be a good improvement over past games.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You have no idea that it being cross plat is what held back the Ray Tracing. Miles was cross plat and the PS5 version got Ray Tracing. 

What we know is that we got the best looking last gen game ever made and probably the best looking current game ever made (i'll wait to play it to judge) and you are still trying to say it got held back. Wtf is everyone else doing lol Best visual game ever is apparently a held back Horizon 2. 

It got held back to only be the best graphics... How unfortunate :feelsbadman:

• Haha 3
  • dead 1
9 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea, apparently it's still pretty challenging, but you as a player have far more options with how to deal with enemies now.  It seems they've done a lot of work to balance out the different classes and move-sets so that many different playstyles are viable now.

That's a great change for accessibility for newcomers.. as well as that more upfront story and quest dialog from NPCs.  It makes the story more approachable and understandably by people who don't want to have to analyze and read into every detail of every item in the game to build the story.  All that stuff is still there, for those people who enjoy it and want to get deeper into the lore, of course.. but for casual fans, that should also be a good improvement over past games.

yeah, it seems like it's a better balanced game for all gamers. i don't mind challenge. i just hate having to redo a lot of shit (unless it's a rogue-like i'm into), and boss fights without check points near them.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

the DF video is going to truly showcase the differences between the ps5 quality and ps4 base. it will probably be bigger than the series x/series s differences with forza horizon 5, which were huge.

1 minute ago, -GD-X said:

yeah, it seems like it's a better balanced game for all gamers. i don't mind challenge. i just hate having to redo a lot of shit (unless it's a rogue-like i'm into), and boss fights without a check point near it.

Oh yea, that's another thing that one of the previewers said!  This time around there's no long treks back to bosses.. there's always a checkpoint right at the boss.  Some people will really love that.

I'm curious how Elden Ring will score.. because on one hand, they've seemingly made enough little tweaks that the game is more approachable for casual gamers, so I can see reviewers liking a lot of that stuff... but at the same time, I wonder if Souls-fatigue starts to set in and some reviewers say "well, it's more souls.. just wide open".. and potentially dock it for that.

Will be interesting to see.  I'll be surprised if Elden Ring can crack 90 meta.

Just now, Remij said:

Oh yea, that's another thing that one of the previewers said!  This time around there's no long treks back to bosses.. there's always a checkpoint right at the boss.  Some people will really love that.

I'm curious how Elden Ring will score.. because on one hand, they've seemingly made enough little tweaks that the game is more approachable for casual gamers, so I can see reviewers liking a lot of that stuff... but at the same time, I wonder if Souls-fatigue starts to set in and some reviewers say "well, it's more souls.. just wide open".. and potentially dock it for that.

Will be interesting to see.  I'll be surprised if Elden Ring can crack 90 meta.

yeah, when i read that, i was definitely interested. as for the "souls-fatigue", that could definitely bog down the score. however, i think critics will like seeing the open, more accessible approach. but yeah, i can see some using it as a con, as well. ultimately, fuck it, it looks like it's going to be an extraordinary game for souls fans.

• Thanks 1
  • -GD-X★ changed the title to (Official Discussion Thread) Sounds like Horizon: Forbidden West is pretty incredible [HORIZON: FW SCORE PREDICTION THREAD starting page 4]