Nintendo Direct tomorrow 2/9 2pm PST *Started*

12 minutes ago, Ike said:

How’s the actual SRPG section? Hopefully the battles are at least fun. I remember their being some crafting and they planning stuff in the camp too. 

Also, how’s the music? Octopath is still my favorite OST of the gen. 

I liked the tutorial battle but there's a bunch of story stuff after, and I haven't reached the next one yet so its too early to judge it fully.

Music is good, not amazing but its solid by JRPG standards.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can't keep getting away with this

Release date is sometime this year... So it release sooner rather than later.. I hope 

This Advance Wars game has a pretty off putting art style.

@Goukosan  Well, it wasn't at the Direct, but you didn't have to wait much longer to see Shredder's Revenge B) 

Playstation announced today that it was also coming to PS consoles.. and it was also confirmed it's coming to Xbox as well.  So everyone gets this game. 🙂 

Looks so good.  I really hope it delivers.

Sucks we still don't have any date for it though :( 

Edited by Remij
  • Upvote 1

Ok so I FINALLY got to fight another battle in Triangle Strategy. It only took like 1.5-2 hours of straight exposition to get there. I really hope the pacing in the rest of the game isn't like this because right now there's far too much exposition at the moment, and not enough gameplay. Doesn't help that the story itself is just a really drab version of Game of Thrones so far.

But I can safely that the combat is a lot of fun and could be enough to redeem the game.

27 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Ok so I FINALLY got to fight another battle in Triangle Strategy. It only took like 1.5-2 hours of straight exposition to get there. I really hope the pacing in the rest of the game isn't like this because right now there's far too much exposition at the moment, and not enough gameplay. Doesn't help that the story itself is just a really drab version of Game of Thrones so far.

But I can safely that the combat is a lot of fun and could be enough to redeem the game.

Sounds like a dud. 

So No man's sky is actually a native port, not cloud. 

Not sure how they managed to make it look this good. 

For the last couple of years, a couple of members of our small team have been secretly working on the Nintendo Switch version of No Man’s Sky.

No Man’s Sky is built around procedural generation, which means the console generates everything you see. This makes it so much harder to bring our game to something like the Switch. There have been so many times where we’ve gone home one day convinced it was impossible, only to have someone stride in the next day with a unique technical solution. Honestly I think this team never seems happier than when they are trying to do near-impossible things.

3 minutes ago, Cooke said:

For the last couple of years, a couple of members of our small team have been secretly working on the Nintendo Switch version of No Man’s Sky.

No Man’s Sky is built around procedural generation, which means the console generates everything you see. This makes it so much harder to bring our game to something like the Switch. There have been so many times where we’ve gone home one day convinced it was impossible, only to have someone stride in the next day with a unique technical solution. Honestly I think this team never seems happier than when they are trying to do near-impossible things.

yeah, they are doing magic tricks with the grass foilage. whatever it is, they need to license their work to Nintendo and other developers to put in their switch open world game.

Its alot of grass, and its got a nice self-shadowing, even a bit further out into the distance.

i will give credit to that guy who got busted lying when the game launched. he clearly made alot of money from the initial sales of the game, and he clearly put more money and resources into improving the game.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

yeah, they are doing magic tricks with the grass foilage. whatever it is, they need to license their work to Nintendo and other developers to put in their switch open world game.

Its alot of grass, and its got a nice self-shadowing, even a bit further out into the distance.

i will give credit to that guy who got busted lying when the game launched. he clearly made alot of money from the initial sales of the game, and he clearly put more money and resources into improving the game.

I bought it when it released, played 20 minutes, it crashed, got a refund. Maybe I should give it another try. 

Just now, Cooke said:

I bought it when it released, played 20 minutes, it crashed, got a refund. Maybe I should give it another try. 

last year they showed a major update trailer, and I was starting to think "i might want this game and try this out"

give credit where its due......this guy really got busted lying about shit, but he took that money and kept on developing the game and adding more and more stuff. I've been noticing that for the past 2-3 years.

43 minutes ago, Remij said:

Sounds like a dud. 

I think its going to be a 7 quality game overall. Worth buying for people who really like SRPGs (and there haven't been enough of them lately) but its probably one of the weaker upcoming Switch games, and at $60 its going to be a hard sell for most people.

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I think its going to be a 7 quality game overall. Worth buying for people who really like SRPGs (and there haven't been enough of them lately) but its probably one of the weaker upcoming Switch games, and at $60 its going to be a hard sell for most people.

For sure.  I'll wait till it's on PC, with a deep sale before bothering with it, I think.  Way too much other stuff to play right now anyway.

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I keep on thinking about getting No Man's Sky. Everyone says the game has improved dramatically since its release, and the devs are still updating it on a consistent basis.

It's not even the same game man.. lol.  It's night and day different and improved over what it was around launch.  If you're curious about it, give it a shot.

7 minutes ago, Remij said:

It's not even the same game man.. lol.  It's night and day different and improved over what it was around launch.  If you're curious about it, give it a shot.

Im just worried its going to be too much of a grind/time sink. These games are very hit or miss with me, I think the only one that really grabbed me recently was Dragon Quest Builders 2 and thats partly because it had a pretty fun story and characters.

40 minutes ago, Cooke said:

?

It literally looks like its running in 480p resolution. As bad as it looks now, retail release will look even worse. 

41 minutes ago, RaniK_ said:

?

It literally looks like its running in 480p resolution. As bad as it looks now, retail release will look even worse. 

Hit the gear button on YouTube and change the resolution to HD :smugd:

I finished the Triangle Strategy demo. It actually does something pretty cool in the last chapter. Basically, the story diverges and you have the option of 2 locations to visit, and the characters will actually hold a vote to decide where to go. And you can speak to a few of them to convince them to pick one place over the other. 

The last battle was also a lot of fun and they introduced some new mechanics when it comes to spells and how they affect the environment i.e. ice magic will freeze the ground and slow down units, but it can be melted with fire magic and turned into puddles which have other effects.

This game would honestly be a winner if the story and characters weren't so boring.