Nintendo Direct tomorrow 2/9 2pm PST *Started*

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can't keep getting away with this

Release date is sometime this year... So it release sooner rather than later.. I hope 

This Advance Wars game has a pretty off putting art style.

6 minutes ago, Literal Nazi Rudolf Hess said:

48 courses is like a new game

That's the thing...  I know their play... these will be padded content also used for MK9.  They're going to get people to pay for this content twice. :reg: 

Still scummy :shake:

Just now, Remij said:

That's the thing...  I know their play... these will be padded content also used for MK9.  They're going to get people to pay for this content twice. :reg: 

Still scummy :shake:

$50/year plus all the additional content making NSO sound easily worth the price. I’ve the read the emulation was just updated and improved. 

basically, the thing they announced that was furthest out was Xenoblade, coming in September.

Everything else appears to be releasing around the first half of the year. Very good scheduling and coordination within Nintendo management.

Also, it appears that all of these products are backed by a major publisher, I'm not sure about No Man's Sky.  So maybe they are leaving truly independent third party games for another presentation later.

Its crazy that we didn't even know this was coming 3 days ago.

Just now, Ike said:

$50/year plus all the additional content making NSO sound easily worth the price. I’ve the read the emulation was just updated and improved. 

Yea since basically outside of Super Smash and Mario Kart.. are there any other massive multiplayer games for the system?  If you're a Nintendo Switch online player, you're more than likely playing those two games, or Splatoon or something like that.

So it's a nice bonus for that... but basically all that work remaking those tracks was definitely done for MK9, and then they thought, ok.. we can release this as DLC and tie it to Switch Online and get more people to buy into it.

MK9 will feature some new gameplay element which makes it feel different enough that people will buy it all over again, and then buy any DLC released for it as well.

Them Nintendo cats are smart.. they know their fanbases.

6 minutes ago, Remij said:

Yea since basically outside of Super Smash and Mario Kart.. are there any other massive multiplayer games for the system?  If you're a Nintendo Switch online player, you're more than likely playing those two games, or Splatoon or something like that.

So it's a nice bonus for that... but basically all that work remaking those tracks was definitely done for MK9, and then they thought, ok.. we can release this as DLC and tie it to Switch Online and get more people to buy into it.

MK9 will feature some new gameplay element which makes it feel different enough that people will buy it all over again, and then buy any DLC released for it as well.

Them Nintendo cats are smart.. they know their fanbases.

Mario Strikers looks fun af and will be huge online I’m sure as do the online modes for Switch Sports.

But yeah, I definitely see what they did. Still it’s only $25 if you don’t subscribe so it’s not like they’re charging full price or anything. Also, as long as they still design the 4 new cups like a standard Mario game, it’s awesome they’re just updating the legacy courses.