Nintendo Direct tomorrow 2/9 2pm PST *Started*

1 minute ago, Cooke said:

How's triangle strategy? Are they really keeping that name? 

There’s a demo up to chapter 3 that will let you save and  continue in the retail release if you’re interested. 

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can't keep getting away with this

Release date is sometime this year... So it release sooner rather than later.. I hope 

This Advance Wars game has a pretty off putting art style.

I played through the first chapter of triangle strategy. To say it starts off slow is an understatement. Characters/story aren’t engaging me so far, and I don’t think the graphics are that impressive. The pixel art itself has a nice look but the problem is that they went crazy with the post processing and screen effects. Everything has a muddy, low res look to it as a result. 

The bit of combat was good, so I’ll keep playing and see if it picks up.

3 hours ago, -GD-X said:

tbh i'm surprised it took so long. you know that shit will sell like hotcakes. hell, i'll probably get it for the family. we played the hell out of wii sports.

3 hours ago, Remij said:

They can't keep getting away with this :scared:

The mainstream will eat that shit up.  Shit is already being hyped on ESPN sports center. 

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

The mainstream will eat that shit up.  Shit is already being hyped on ESPN sports center. 

It's going to be insane.

Nintendo has SO MANY upcoming things that will literally break the 10s of millions of units sold.

Pokemon just breaking records, and I didn't even know before yesterday that Pokemon is literally the biggest media franchise of all time..

f02c60d2-25-highest-grossing-media-franc

^based on estimates from Wikipedia

Like it's far more massive than other franchises I thought were much bigger.  Crazy.

Nintendo can coast for a few more years yet off of stuff they essentially have in the pipeline that we know of.  There's literally no reason for them to push for a Switch 2, for years..  They can afford to wait out this chip shortage to ensure that the launch of their new console can have a healthy supply, as to not impede adoption rate.

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

the list of thing that you keep on threatening us with "Oh.....you'll see. YOU'LL SEE!":chester:......only seems to be growing.

As expected... Sony's commitment is growing as well.

It's not my fault that you continue to handwave away every announcement that comes true as something anyone could have predicted :smugcena:

Edited by Remij
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Did you skip my post on it above :ben: 

Completely missed it.. gee, I wonder why? :ben:

But yea, your impressions is basically exactly what I've read elsewhere.  Not a great first impression :( 

20 minutes ago, Remij said:

Completely missed it.. gee, I wonder why? :ben:

But yea, your impressions is basically exactly what I've read elsewhere.  Not a great first impression :( 

I should have mentioned that the voice acting and delivery are pretty flat and unconvincing. And there's a ton of characters introduced right off the bat, but they don't even have character portraits during the dialogue scenes so you feel kind of lost when it comes to who's talking and what their role is.

I looked up the developer's track record and wasn't surprised to find out that they've never made a game like this before, it kind of has that amateurish 'first attempt' feel to it.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I should have mentioned that the voice acting and delivery are pretty flat and unconvincing. And there's a ton of characters introduced right off the bat, but they don't even have character portraits during the dialogue scenes so you feel kind of lost when it comes to who's talking and what their role is.

I looked up the developer's track record and wasn't surprised to find out that they've never made a game like this before, it kind of has that amateurish 'first attempt' feel to it.

How’s the actual SRPG section? Hopefully the battles are at least fun. I remember their being some crafting and they planning stuff in the camp too. 

Also, how’s the music? Octopath is still my favorite OST of the gen. 

17 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Damn, that sucks.  Sounds like it could be a dud then.