Open Club  ·  22 members  ·  Rules

All Things Politics

Google celebrates the would-be 94th birthday of Dr. Mickiaki Takahashi, inventor of the chickenpox vaccine 60 years ago

22 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

You should read beyond the headline :umad:

"As of now, a study, published by the Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre, shows the number of people in the UK who needed to be admitted to intensive care with Covid-19 from May to December 2021 based on their vaccine status." 

"Boosted patients made up a small proportion of admissions for the most serious care, with a small number of double-vaccinated patients requiring ICU."

"The vast majority of patients needing to be treated in critical care units were unvaccinated."

Then when you go to the study. 

It says that some hospitals did have an 80 to 90% rate of unvaxxed people hospitalized with Covid19. 

"Further analysis by the agency has concluded that unvaccinated adults are as much as eight times more likely to be admitted to hospital than those who have been vaccinated and that booster doses are 88% effective at preventing hospital admission." 

So yes while they should have simply said" the vast majority" and not use a general 90% as hyperbole. 

The fact remains that the vast majority of people hospitalized with Covid19 are unvaxxed. 

What about countries with insanely high vaccination rates that were suffering higher outbreaks than countries with much lowrr vaccination rates?

And no I gave one example, my original point was that a lot of these are bullshit.

Many times they dont even specify what is unvaccinated and what is vaccinated, remember the definition kept changing as we went along.

We're never going to agree on this. All I will say is that I am generally pro-vaccine but I absolutely draw the line at governments and unethical and deceitful politicians being able to demand you inject something into your body or they take away your freedoms.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As someone who fought covid without any vaccines and got off easy with some acetaminophen. I'm glad I never caved in to Government coercion. My natural immunity is more effective than your three shots

I'm not endangering anyone for not taking a vaccine that two shots had a %40 efficiency to stop Omicron or potentially reduce symptoms and it did not stop infectious vaccinated people to continue spre

That doesn't neglect the point that I've made that someone who is very sick or hospitalized is just as virulent as anyone else, vaccinated or otherwise. Of course I'm talking passed the first strain o

50 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

What about countries with insanely high vaccination rates that were suffering higher outbreaks than countries with much lowrr vaccination rates?

And no I gave one example, my original point was that a lot of these are bullshit.

Many times they dont even specify what is unvaccinated and what is vaccinated, remember the definition kept changing as we went along.

We're never going to agree on this. All I will say is that I am generally pro-vaccine but I absolutely draw the line at governments and unethical and deceitful politicians being able to demand you inject something into your body or they take away your freedoms.

We're talking about hospitalization rate, not outbreak.  The vaccine GREATLY reduces the probability of you being hospitalized.  That's the entire point of it. 

You're free to find another job or free to move to another state or free to go somewhere else.    Freedoms being taken away is if you are jailed or prosecuted for not taking the vaccine. 

As more and more nations are reaching a high vaccination rate, the mandates are being relaxed because the majority of the population are vaccinated now. 

You can take of your tin foil hat now.