• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

I stopped leveling at 125 because I assumed that would be the meta. It appears most people are stopping at 150 though. Makes sense, soft caps are higher and the game really pushes for Hybrid builds thanks to all the Hybrid weapons.

I tried to get back into the game, but the motivation wasn’t there. I think I should go back to the earlier areas and experience everything I have missed. I think cheesing my way with tricks robbed me of the full experience. 

3 hours ago, Sabo said:

I stopped leveling at 125 because I assumed that would be the meta. It appears most people are stopping at 150 though. Makes sense, soft caps are higher and the game really pushes for Hybrid builds thanks to all the Hybrid weapons.

this makes farming stupidly easy. One button 

• Upvote 1
On 2022-04-03 at 11:20 AM, Sabo said:

125 makes no sense, most people will get butchered in later areas at 125 and it really only allows you to be invested in 1-2 stats for soft caps

Some spells won't even be accessible unless you only invest in int and mind for example at 125

Well, I'm essentially right at the end of the game.  I've just got Mohg to defeat from the optional bosses since I apparently missed a gateway to him up in the Consecrated Snowfield.

Gonna go wrap him up and then work on finding all the shit I need for all the weapons, talismans, ashen remains, and spells that I need for those fucking trophies.  Then I'm going to make a backup of my save to get all 3 endings :] 

Honestly... this game has been incredible overall.  There's some issues... but this is quite the accomplishment for FROMSOFT imo.  The scale of this game is absurd.

• Upvote 1
On 2022-04-03 at 12:57 PM, -GD-X said:

I tried to get back into the game, but the motivation wasn’t there. I think I should go back to the earlier areas and experience everything I have missed. I think cheesing my way with tricks robbed me of the full experience. 

There's a weird distinction between the game which rewards exploration and the PVP which you basically need to research builds to be competitive

I think the best experience is probably just exploring single player on your own then doing PVP in NG plus

Even still I dont think I would get through most quest lines without guides. Its too vague for its own good sometimes 

34 minutes ago, Voidler said:

There's a weird distinction between the game which rewards exploration and the PVP which you basically need to research builds to be competitive

I think the best experience is probably just exploring single player on your own then doing PVP in NG plus

Even still I dont think I would get through most quest lines without guides. Its too vague for its own good sometimes 

Thats one of my main gripes with the game. It being big is one thing but the vagueness is what hurt my experience the most. I could never shake the feeling that I was either not doing something correctly, not in the right place for my level/stats, or just not playing the game as efficiently as I should be playing it. The fact that I went the first 10 hours and managed to miss the required items for spell casting, using ashes, and crafting but the game never even tried to nudge me towards them is just bad design no matter how you look at it.

For me only the weapon upgrade system needed more work and was too vague in general.

It took me way too long to find stones and the item to unlock +1 to +2 stones at that mute Roundtable Hold seller.

I had a lot of weapons I wanted to test out and use but they were too weak when I couldn't even buy +1 stones to begin with, the map size didn't help in finding the right cave either.

Also the Roundtable Hold being the least memorable hub in all Souls games so far.

Aside from that it's been an amazing journey :aitch:

• Like 1