Official Elden Ring Thread

Loved it so far.

I'm pretty sure i'm on the last 4-5 bosses. Killed most bosses in 1 or 2 attempts my build is one of the OP ones I guess (Incantation spam with mimic). Had my eyes set on faith/arcane casting before launch to be fair tho.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Platinum’d this bitch. Now, I can take a break from gaming  

Thought this was funny. If Ubisoft developed Elden Ring:  

remember the time when GD would say souls games is not his type. just reading his posts is so full of excitement. lol it makes me happy 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Substatic said:

Loved it so far.

I'm pretty sure i'm on the last 4-5 bosses. Killed most bosses in 1 or 2 attempts my build is one of the OP ones I guess (Incantation spam with mimic). Had my eyes set on faith/arcane casting before launch to be fair tho.

swarm of flies and rotten breath :bow:

11 minutes ago, JonbX said:

Did they fix this game on PC yet? Ima pick it up over the next couple days. Whats the easiest class to pick

it was fixed a while ago. i picked astrologer. though, it depends on what kind of build you are looking for. i was a mage for most of the game. then i switched to a blood build. i made it pretty far, but got burnt out pretty far into it (will eventually finish the story). a lot of peeps here completed it, though.

2 hours ago, JonbX said:

Did they fix this game on PC yet? Ima pick it up over the next couple days. Whats the easiest class to pick

It's better... but some parts are still pretty fucked up with the loading.

The shader compilation issues have been fixed at least.

Speaking of this game... I finished it earlier today.  :blessed: 

er.png

Godly game overall.  I'll make a post in the "what are you playing" thread giving my thoughts on it in greater detail.. because while it is awesome.. it's not perfect.. and it's not a "97 meta" worthy game either.

But still :whew: 

8 hours ago, Remij said:

It's better... but some parts are still pretty fucked up with the loading.

The shader compilation issues have been fixed at least.

Speaking of this game... I finished it earlier today.  :blessed: 

er.png

Godly game overall.  I'll make a post in the "what are you playing" thread giving my thoughts on it in greater detail.. because while it is awesome.. it's not perfect.. and it's not a "97 meta" worthy game either.

But still :whew: 

Most worthy high 90s title recently. Shits all over BOTW, RDR2 and Mario

So i played this game for a couple hours or so and i dont hate it, but idk how im gonna feel about it in the long run. I do like it much more than the other Souls games i tried. Normal enemies dont seem to challenging so far unless u get mobbed.

I do appreciate the map not being littered with bullshit to do but i also think i would like at least some sort of guidance. I feel im gonna miss a whole bunch of shit, and not know where to go or what to do next. I think im gonna have to get a fucking notebook and write shit down cause ill forget what i am to be doing .

I also dont understand basically anything about this game since ive never really played more than a small bit of the other games. I found some boss and got smashed which i expected and i havent even beat any bosses or anything. I came close to beating the first little boss guy on the horse so soon enough i suppose. 

World and art is really cool but the graphics are kinda meh. Not too bad but i expected more. Ill continue on but it seems like its gonna be the type of game i will just eventually get frustrated with and quit. 

1 hour ago, JonbX said:

So i played this game for a couple hours or so and i dont hate it, but idk how im gonna feel about it in the long run. I do like it much more than the other Souls games i tried. Normal enemies dont seem to challenging so far unless u get mobbed.

I do appreciate the map not being littered with bullshit to do but i also think i would like at least some sort of guidance. I feel im gonna miss a whole bunch of shit, and not know where to go or what to do next. I think im gonna have to get a fucking notebook and write shit down cause ill forget what i am to be doing .

I also dont understand basically anything about this game since ive never really played more than a small bit of the other games. I found some boss and got smashed which i expected and i havent even beat any bosses or anything. I came close to beating the first little boss guy on the horse so soon enough i suppose. 

World and art is really cool but the graphics are kinda meh. Not too bad but i expected more. Ill continue on but it seems like its gonna be the type of game i will just eventually get frustrated with and quit. 

it's very overwhelming, especially if you've never played the other soul games (like myself). your best bet is to use a starter guide like this:

that's the one i used to get familiar with the world and gameplay flow. i'm sure there are even better guides out now. however, that one was pretty easy to follow.  youtube will be your best friend, in terms of farming runes, how to get spells/weapons (and how to power them up) and the best way to get your desired build. in time, it all becomes second nature. the game also becomes way more linear by the mid/end parts. as for bosses, you can cheese most of them if you are truly stuck. however, it's actually fun and satisfying beating them with 0 tricks. most of them have a weakness that's easy to exploit anyhow.

this is also a video you can check out after:

1 hour ago, JonbX said:

Don't listen to GD, he regrets taking the loser path of overlevelling his character with farming. Level to where its challenging without being a pushover 

But you should look up build types to decide which way to go and some NPC questions aren't particularly obvious so you may need to talk to them multiple times to understand what the quest is

Main things you should know that I dont think are obvious

You progress the main story following the direction of light from the sites of grace

Make sure you go to every site of grace cause thats your respawn point and where you level cause that opens up new story sometimes

Healing is done with the flasks and can be upgraded to heal more with sacred tears you find in churches

You can add more flasks with golden seeds you find throughout the world

Go back to the first church at night to get a summoning bell

Get a crafting kit

Dont kill NPCs

Ashes of war and magic are easy mode

Use the summoning pools when you struggle to summon coop partners - they are the little statues that are usually at the start of a dungeon

Levels with priority into either intelligence (magic), arcane (blood magic and dragon magic), faith (holy incantations), dexterity for fast baby weapons or strength for big boy weapons

Dont neglect levelling your vigor for more health and stamina to increase the weight of weapons and armour you can carry without fat rolling

Find weapons and armour which scale with your primary stat

Maps are highlighted in new areas you unlock so should be the first place to go

Just now, Voidler said:

Don't listen to GD, he regrets taking the loser path of overlevelling his character with farming. Level to where its challenging without being a pushover 

But you should look up build types to decide which way to go and some NPC questions aren't particularly obvious so you may need to talk to them multiple times to understand what the quest is

Main things you should know that I dont think are obvious

You progress the main story following the direction of light from the sites of grace

Make sure you go to every site of grace cause thats your respawn point and where you level cause that opens up new story sometimes

Healing is done with the flasks and can be upgraded to heal more with sacred tears you find in churches

You can add more flasks with golden seeds you find throughout the world

Go back to the first church at night to get a summoning bell

Get a crafting kit

Dont kill NPCs

Ashes of war and magic are easy mode

Use the summoning pools when you struggle to summon coop partners - they are the little statues that are usually at the start of a dungeon

Levels with priority into either intelligence (magic), arcane (blood magic and dragon magic), faith (holy incantations), dexterity for fast baby weapons or strength for big boy weapons

Dont neglect levelling your vigor for more health and stamina to increase the weight of weapons and armour you can carry without fat rolling

Find weapons and armour which scale with your primary stat

Maps are highlighted in new areas you unlock so should be the first place to go

i regret going on a streak of only beating primary bosses. farming runes took very little time and gave me a lot of options to explore many builds, with my last one being a blood one. i spent a good 20-30 hours, initially, just exploring. i don't even think i beat margit until hour 30. i then did a marathon run to the twins by hour 60. in retrospect, i wish i hadn't done that.

Just now, Twinblade said:

I didn’t do any grinding and still got bored/tired of the game :ben: 

It’s too damn long. I love my experience with it and will eventually beat it. However, yeah, the burnout is real. 

20 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

It’s too damn long. I love my experience with it and will eventually beat it. However, yeah, the burnout is real. 

The problem is that the game doesn’t have enough interesting content to justify its length. I played Witcher 3 for 80 hours and right up to the end I was always encountering interesting characters and stories/quest lines so I never got bored of it. Elden Ring lacks that so it feels like you’re just going through the motions.

31 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The problem is that the game doesn’t have enough interesting content to justify its length. I played Witcher 3 for 80 hours and right up to the end I was always encountering interesting characters and stories/quest lines so I never got bored of it. Elden Ring lacks that so it feels like you’re just going through the motions.

That honestly depends how you play through it.

Some people will undeniably have a lesser experience towards the last half of the game, depending on how they played through the first half.  I actually found the very end content quite good.. but there was a section there which was "going through the motions" because I had done so much other stuff completely already.

Sure, that's an issue with the game.. after-all they give you the freedom.. but it's definitely fair to say that it's subjective since we've all experienced and played this game in completely different ways.

Don't really see how pointing out the repetition is subjective. It's so blatant it's absolutely an objective observation. The mini-dungeons all share the same visual layout and enemies, you can break them down into 3 types- Cave, Mine, and Tomb. 4 if you want to count the Heroes Grave's as mini-dungeons.

Boss fights get repeated constantly:

Eldtree Avatar? Fight him like 12 times.

Ulcerated Beast Thingy? Fight him like 6 times.

Night Cavalry? Fight him like 8 times.

Bell Bearing Hunter? Fight him like 7 times.

God Skins? Fight them both 3 times each.

Dragons? There's like 10 of these fights.

These are just off the top of my head. I know there's more repeated boss fights.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Don't really see how pointing out the repetition is subjective. It's so blatant it's absolutely an objective observation. The mini-dungeons all share the same visual layout and enemies, you can break them down into 3 types- Cave, Mine, and Tomb. 4 if you want to count the Heroes Grave's as mini-dungeons.

Boss fights get repeated constantly:

Eldtree Avatar? Fight him like 12 times.

Ulcerated Beast Thingy? Fight him like 6 times.

Night Cavalry? Fight him like 8 times.

Bell Bearing Hunter? Fight him like 7 times.

God Skins? Fight them both 3 times each.

Dragons? There's like 10 of these fights.

These are just off the top of my head. I know there's more repeated boss fights.

Because you don't have to do all of that.

Like I said.. it honestly depends on how you progress through the game and how thorough you are.  But yea obviously there's tons of asset reuse.. not debating that.

21 minutes ago, Remij said:

Because you don't have to do all of that.

Like I said.. it honestly depends on how you progress through the game and how thorough you are.  But yea obviously there's tons of asset reuse.. not debating that.

You missed the point Twinblade was making then. He obviously WANTED to experience all of the content. I mean, who doesn't try to experience all of the content a game offers? It's a very normal thing to do when you play a game.  Elden Ring's content is repetitive though and he didn't find the content interesting. It's a completely fair complaint and one I agree with.

It just seems like you're trying to brush the issue under the rug which isn't being fair. We would all complain about this if this was another game, Elden Ring shouldn't get special treatment.

Edited by Sabo
2 minutes ago, Sabo said:

You missed the point Twinblade was making then. He obviously WANTED to experience all of the content. I mean, who doesn't try to experience all of the content a game offers? It's a very normal thing to do when you play a game.  Elden Ring's content is repetitive though and he didn't find the content interesting. It's a completely fair complaint and one I agree with.

It just seems like you're trying to brush the issue under the rug which isn't being fair. We would all complain about this if this was another game, Elden Ring shouldn't get special treatment.

I don't think I missed the point.  I mean I agreed with him... all I said was that it really depends on how you played the game.  There's entire areas and enemies that people may not know even exist.

That's all.  I don't disagree with you either, and I'm not trying to brush it under the rug.  I have some pretty damning thoughts about aspects of the game myself man.  I just think it's fair to admit that not everyone experienced the game in the same order, or the same amount of content, or the same style of play.. so while objectively there's a lot of repeated reuse and that can disappoint some people, it's just as fair that someone may not feel quite the same way through their playthrough of the game.