Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy shit. That's one effective strike.   *Unreal announcer* MULTIKILL   Man, I couldn't help it. 

I think the Belarus expansion will come out first. 

Posted Images

The largest Russian military defeat since the Afghan-Soviet war is going to be Putin’s legacy.

The only realistic option he has at this point is officially declaring war and fully mobilizing the army’s reservists.  This might give him some success in the short term but it won’t address the logistical, equipment, and morale issues his active military is currently facing. And at a time where public opinion is already turning against him, having to admit the ‘special military operation’ failed and then sounding tens of thousands more Russians to their deaths Is not going to work in his favor.

The other option would be using nukes but that would be an escalation that would surely cripple Russia globally for decades. Nobody is going to accept that, and Ukraine has an agreement with China for protection in the event of a nuclear attack, so China would have to respond in some way if they want to keep their credibility on the world stage.

Putin is pretty much fucked.

9 hours ago, lynux3 said:

Russia is literally the laughing stock of modern military. :mj:  Imagine being ousted by hand me downs.

Exactly... America's hand me down equipment is taking out Russia's best equipment.... And to think people where saying "ooohhh nooo big bad Russia is a military super power" ... Lmfao

• Geese 1
20 hours ago, Twinblade said:

holy shit :lul: The west won't have to bother supplying any more equipment at this rate.

Jesus christ. :D 457 tanks and 1380 armored vehicles. :D They captured a whole division or something?

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

Jesus christ. :D 457 tanks and 1380 armored vehicles. :D They captured a whole division or something?

Im actually not sure how accurate those numbers are, but I follow a couple accounts on twitter that track equipment losses and they're posting new stuff every few minutes as Ukranians continue to clear the region. The Russians left in a hurry and whats really crazy is that they made NO effort to disable or destroy anything. They gifted Ukraine a bunch of expensive equipment in perfect working condition. The amount of incompetence is on another level :| 

37 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Im actually not sure how accurate those numbers are, but I follow a couple accounts on twitter that track equipment losses and they're posting new stuff every few minutes as Ukranians continue to clear the region. The Russians left in a hurry and whats really crazy is that they made NO effort to disable or destroy anything. They gifted Ukraine a bunch of expensive equipment in perfect working condition. The amount of incompetence is on another level :| 

To be fair, that's somewhat of a common occurrence in war if you capture territory quickly. I'm not defending the Russian forces efficiency though, they're struggling to beat out guerrilla like forces made up of conscripts with limited air support and the special forces has failed to take out Zelensky more times than I can count. Russian army prestige is no more. These guys would get chewed up by American forces.

18 minutes ago, Ramza said:

To be fair, that's somewhat of a common occurrence in war if you capture territory quickly. I'm not defending the Russian forces efficiency though, they're struggling to beat out guerrilla like forces made up of conscripts with limited air support and the special forces has failed to take out Zelensky more times than I can count. Russian army prestige is no more. These guys would get chewed up by American forces.

Its worse than that. Heavy Equipment is one thing but there's no excuse for leaving behind so many stockpiles of ammunition. A single demolition charge or a grenade would have blown all these up but instead they just left it sitting there

45 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Its worse than that. Heavy Equipment is one thing but there's no excuse for leaving behind so many stockpiles of ammunition. A single demolition charge or a grenade would have blown all these up but instead they just left it sitting there

I understand what you're saying but they might not even had the chance. They're falling back from their position, it's a war, it's messy. The best Army in the world left billion of dollars worth of equipment in Afghanistan and they weren't even being shot at. Granted it's a different context but you can see that urgency retreats are messy affairs.

Maybe they intend to get them back later. I don't know enough about the situation on the ground to really have an opinion though, I'm just rambling but I'm also not surprised seeing things like this. 

4 hours ago, Ramza said:

The best Army in the world left billion of dollars worth of equipment in Afghanistan and they weren't even being shot at.

The equipment that was left in Afghanistan was given to the ANDSF. It wasn't US equipment being used by US troops. Not really the same.

• 2 weeks later...

Putin has gone off the deep end and fully doubled down on his failed war. He confirmed that he's going to annex occupied territories into Russia and is mobilizing 300,000 troops (biggest since WW2) to help defend them, and will use all means (including nuclear) to do so, all while blaming and threatening the west for their involvement. The man has single handedly destroyed Russia's future all because he wants to extend Russia's borders by a irrelevant amount of land.