Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy shit. That's one effective strike.   *Unreal announcer* MULTIKILL   Man, I couldn't help it. 

I think the Belarus expansion will come out first. 

Posted Images

Bakhmut has fallen. It only took Russia 9 months and 10s of thousands of troops to get to this point. Meanwhile Ukraine succeeded with their strategy of forcing Russia to focus their efforts in that area while numerous new brigades were trained and equipped for the counteroffensive.

A storm is coming, and it won't be pretty for the Ruskies.

On 5/20/2023 at 7:12 AM, Twinblade said:

Bakhmut has fallen. It only took Russia 9 months and 10s of thousands of troops to get to this point. Meanwhile Ukraine succeeded with their strategy of forcing Russia to focus their efforts in that area while numerous new brigades were trained and equipped for the counteroffensive.

A storm is coming, and it won't be pretty for the Ruskies.

You sound exactly like MSNBC.   Did we not just hear a few weeks ago that Ukraine was winning Bakhmut? Now it's lost and somehow it's  still a victory?  The amount of resources spent on this city is astounding. Not to mention the loss of life. Ukraine can't win a war of attrition. They have no industrial base left, no economy, and 1/5th the manpower. They are 100% propped up by Europe and north America. 

How is this going to help the spring offensive? You realize for Ukraine to win they need to kill 5x as many Russians as Russians are killing Ukrainians. It's just simple math and it doesn't bode well for Ukraine unless other countries send in troops like Poland and Romania which is highly unlikely unless we want all out war in Europe.  

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

You sound exactly like MSNBC.   Did we not just hear a few weeks ago that Ukraine was winning Bakhmut? Now it's lost and somehow it's  still a victory?  The amount of resources spent on this city is astounding. Not to mention the loss of life. Ukraine can't win a war of attrition. They have no industrial base left, no economy, and 1/5th the manpower. They are 100% propped up by Europe and north America. 

How is this going to help the spring offensive? You realize for Ukraine to win they need to kill 5x as many Russians as Russians are killing Ukrainians. It's just simple math and it doesn't bode well for Ukraine unless other countries send in troops like Poland and Romania which is highly unlikely unless we want all out war in Europe.  

Lol you really do eat up Russian propaganda like its nothing. Russians lost an estimated 100K troops in Bakhmut, just to try and bring some kind of political victory to their increasingly war weary audience at home. It actually accomplished nothing from a military standpoint, its not even among the top 50 largest cities in Ukraine. Russians threw away some of their best troops and have nothing to show for it besides a small pile of rubble. They already admitted that they aren't even going to bother to try to push beyond it because of how much the battle whittled down their troops and resources.

6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Lol you really do eat up Russian propaganda like its nothing. Russians lost an estimated 100K troops in Bakhmut, just to try and bring some kind of political victory to their increasingly war weary audience at home. It actually accomplished nothing from a military standpoint, its not even among the top 50 largest cities in Ukraine. Russians threw away some of their best troops and have nothing to show for it besides a small pile of rubble. They already admitted that they aren't even going to bother to try to push beyond it because of how much the battle whittled down their troops and resources.

Sorry bud. I don't listen to Russian propaganda. I pay attention the the facts. Losing does not equal winning. The US told Ukraine to change strategy months ago but Ukraine did not listen and continued wasting lives and weapons on Bakhmut. Somehow you always take the positive spin on every situation and not realize propaganda exists on both sides. 

Zelensky has been throwing everything they had to hold Bakhmut, the point was to gain time to train new conscipts, receive important weapons and vehicles and preparation of the upcoming counter offensive. While in a way it succeeded it came at a great cost of lives and resources.

Cooke assessment of Ukraine not being able to hold out a war of attrition is not 'propaganda'. It's perfectly reasonable to say. Russia is very hurt though.

This conflict is absolutely brutal. I never seen so much missiles and artillery strikes in my life. Bakhmut while not a major city, is no more, it's just a pile of rubble now. 

The incursion into Russia by the pro-Ukranian 'Freedom of Russia' legion was absolutely brilliant :D and a huge embarrassment to Putin, especially since they pulled from the exact playbook that Putin used when he invaded Crimea and the Donbas

Screenshot_2023-05-22_at_10.41.44_AM.png

The war being brought straight to Russian territory actually needed to happen to a degree. Russians are panicking and now the Kremlin has no choice but to divert men and resources to guarding their border regions. They can't just have their entire army in Ukraine while leaving their border regions undefended. Its only fair especially since Ukraine has to allocate thousands of soldiers and many resources just to guarding their own border regions with Russia and Belarus.

Now there will be less Russians on the frontline which will benefit Ukraine's counteroffensive

26 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The war being brought straight to Russian territory actually needed to happen to a degree.

I don't know what's going on yet. Lmao.

Ukraine can't be on the offensive on Russian soils for obvious political reasons though. 

8 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I don't know what's going on yet. Lmao.

Ukraine can't be on the offensive on Russian soils for obvious political reasons though. 

Well, they want to avoid that. Which is why the units going in are compromised entirely of Russian volunteers who want to 'liberate' those territories from the current Russian regime. Im sure some Ukranians are mixed in with them, but its no different from what Russia did in 2014 when they originally invaded and claimed it was just separatists who wanted to protect the people in those regions from Ukraine. They even went as far as to claim that the uniforms and weapons those separatists had were all obtained from military surplus stores. And the funny thing is Ukranians are now saying that same thing for these Russian volunteers :D 

Just now, Twinblade said:

Well, they want to avoid that. Which is why the units going in are compromised entirely of Russian volunteers who want to 'liberate' those territories from the Kremlin. Im sure some Ukranians are mixed in with them, but its no different from what Russia did in 2014 when they originally invaded and claimed it was just separatists who wanted to protect the people in those regions from Ukraine.

Russian volunteers among Ukrainian forces? 

2 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Russian volunteers among Ukrainian forces? 

Yeah there's 2 main units. They're basically the Russian equivalent of the Belarusian and Georgian volunteer units fighting for Ukraine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Russia_Legion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Volunteer_Corps (these guys have neo nazi origins unfortunately. But the whole 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' ordeal applies here)

21 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah there's 2 main units. They're basically the Russian equivalent of the Belarusian and Georgian volunteer units fighting for Ukraine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_Russia_Legion

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Volunteer_Corps (these guys have neo nazi origins unfortunately. But the whole 'enemy of my enemy is my friend' ordeal applies here)

I heard of such units at the beginning of the war. Ok so this group is not a rogue element at all. So this come from Ukrainian chains of command basically. 

Wow, ok. 

Diversion before the counter offensive? 

Edited by Ramza
12 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I heard of such units at the beginning of the war. Ok so this group is not a rogue element at all. So this come from Ukrainian chains of command basically. 

Wow, ok. 

Diversion before the counter offensive? 

A diversion but also, when was the last time you heard about Bakhmut falling? Pretty much nobody is talking about it anymore, so this series of events actually distracted from Ukraine losing the city. Pretty good plan overall.

edit:

Soon™

• 2 weeks later...

@Twinblade

He's pretty partisan towards Ukraine usually. Heard plenty of people who think this counter offensive is going to be extremely tough battles. Russians are dug in hard. 

... unless Ukraine do something totally unexpected. 

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

@Twinblade

He's pretty partisan towards Ukraine usually. Heard plenty of people who think this counter offensive is going to be extremely tough battles. Russians are dug in hard. 

... unless Ukraine do something totally unexpected. 

Its going to be tough for sure. Thats why the pro-Ukranian Russians just organized another assault into Russian territory. They're still trying to divert resources from occupied parts of Ukraine.

It ultimately is going to come down to whether or not Ukraine can overwhelm the Russians in numbers and make quick enough progress through those defenses. They're also betting on the possibility that many mobilized Russians will just run away from the frontlines and not risk their lives for a useless war that Putin dragged them into. The fortifications and defense lines won't mean much if not enough troops are stationed at them. Artillery will also play a huge role, if Ukraine was able to gather a large enough supply of them then they can smash those defenses to pieces.

But I think we're definitely going to see some kind of surprise, like the counter offensive starting on a different front altogether. For example I still think an assault over the Dnipro is possible. Ukraine's been getting a lot of Pontoon bridge building equipment from western countries and Russians are more thinly spread out in this area with less fortifications. Of course it could also be disastrous, Russia most certainly has their artillery units pointed at all the potential river crossings, so Ukraine would have to find a way to surprise them

image.thumb.png.141eb63dac7a602cf86a2ebfed22b8cb.png

Regardless, there is a lot riding on this offensive so it needs to be successful. Ukraine's had time to prepare and they've also been working closely with the west on organizing it, so im expecting a lot of progress.

Lets not forget that Ukraine has consistently surprised people throughout this war while Russia's military has consistently underwhelmed everybody. I think the situation on the ground is still in Ukraine's favor.

• Upvote 1
On 2023-05-23 at 2:46 PM, Ramza said:

Zelensky has been throwing everything they had to hold Bakhmut, the point was to gain time to train new conscipts, receive important weapons and vehicles and preparation of the upcoming counter offensive. While in a way it succeeded it came at a great cost of lives and resources.

Cooke assessment of Ukraine not being able to hold out a war of attrition is not 'propaganda'. It's perfectly reasonable to say. Russia is very hurt though.

This conflict is absolutely brutal. I never seen so much missiles and artillery strikes in my life. Bakhmut while not a major city, is no more, it's just a pile of rubble now. 

Cooke is as big a follower/poser as possible. It's one thing to want a cost counting look at a war across the globe and acting as if Putin is 'based' and wants to fight Nazis. Even when trying to be moderate, Cooke can't help himself but slide far right almost instantly. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Cooke is as big a follower/poser as possible. It's one thing to want a cost counting look at a war across the globe and acting as if Putin is 'based' and wants to fight Nazis. Even when trying to be moderate, Cooke can't help himself but slide far right almost instantly. 

The main Russian propaganda narrative is retarded.