Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

2 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

lmfao You only seem concerned when people you find left leaning do anything. Which by itself is one thing, but marrying that with this down the middle center bullshit you try to play off is just buffoonery at this point.  LIke why do right wingers go out of they way to pretend they are not? For credibility no one gives you except other right wingers? 

So we could honestly say the same thing about you but in reverse. 

Except I have never praised Trump. I am not right wing, hold no right wing views. 

I am left leaning libertarian. If that's a Nazi then Ok I'm a Nazi. 

But you, instead of agreeing with me decide to make it a your side my side issue.

She's a fucking rich dumbass white woman who has never worked a day in her life. She doesn't care about you, she doesn't care about the left. She cares about herself. That's it. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Holy shit. That's one effective strike.   *Unreal announcer* MULTIKILL   Man, I couldn't help it. 

I think the Belarus expansion will come out first. 

Posted Images

Its insane to me that we gutted our fossil fuel industry for the sake of climate change, just to turn around and order a record breaking amount of oil from Russia. So there's actually no benefit to the environment whatsoever, in fact we might actually have worsened things because apparently the way we process our energy was much less damaging to the environment than how Russia does it.

We have enough oil and gas for ourselves and most of Europe, but because of our government's poor decision making everyone is lining Russia's pockets for their oil while indirectly damaging the environment AND you could make the argument that the Biden administration & Europe basically indirectly funded Russia's current military actions in Ukraine.

Where is the common sense? This is baffling.

5 minutes ago, Cooke said:

So we could honestly say the same thing about you but in reverse. 

We could but I admit that I hate the right and explain why, so that would be pointless wouldnt it? Hell, I dont like much of the shit you claim I do. CNN and NBC being the pillars of the left you retards claim is fucking hilarious. 

Except I have never praised Trump. I am not right wing, hold no right wing views. 

You probably have in your own underhanded way but like a lack of praising Trump doesnt actually prove anything.

I am left leaning libertarian. If that's a Nazi then Ok I'm a Nazi. 

lol Most Libertarians are just Republicans (or their domestic doppelganger) with more steps. It's sad how often it's like some small stupid thing like indoor smoking bans or whatever that sets them off. Like some self-hating dude being obsessed with queer people and their outsized cultural power.

But you, instead of agreeing with me decide to make it a your side my side issue.

No, I wont cosign your dishonest bullshit. If I may compare politics to videogames. Like how you're an unapologetic Nintendo fanboy? So you never seem to ever piont out anything bad about NIntendo and gleefully take a laser scalpel to the competition. You never seem to have anything wacky or corrupt or culturally shocking about/for/from the right. 

I find your level of entitlement way more repugnant than what Behar said. 

She's a fucking rich dumbass white woman who has never worked a day in her life. She doesn't care about you, she doesn't care about the left. She cares about herself. That's it. 

She's a 60 something year old woman, I admit that I dont know her life story but I'm pretty sure you dont know it either and whether or not she's ever worked. I dont think she cares about me. No one is defending Behar, but people like you are far worse than she is so why the fuck am I  going to go for low hanging fruit to "ditto" to. 

-Meanwhile frantic Russian mothers are complaining in their droves that their sons were duped into the war
-The Committee of Soldiers' Mothers says young men were told they were going to the border for drills
-Once they arrived, their contracts were changed to say they were there to fight and now none can be reached

Not only this but pictures just leaked of mobile crematoriums that Russia is using to burn their dead. So their bodies won't even be brought back to the parents for proper burials.

No way regular Russians are going to support this war. Putin is going to face a ton of backlash from his own people.

1 hour ago, Saucer said:

I really hope the Russian chain-of-command isn't encouraging its troops to do shit like this otherwise they're reaching a whole new level of vileness.

Craziest part is that guy was perfectly fine afterwards :D I can't tell if he was lucky or Russian vehicles are flimsier than we think.

8 hours ago, Twinblade said:

So Russia had welded these flimsy metal cages onto the top of their tanks thinking that would be enough to stop our javelin missiles and they're having 0 effect

Russian-tank-cages.jpg

:lul: 

Are you starting to realize that Putin is putting on more of a powerful-looking facade that looks pretty cheap up close?

Reports indicate that Ukraine actually overachieve a little bit yesterday, with reports of them killing roughly 420 Russian soldiers.

The U.S. may be quietly assisting by notifying the Ukrainian army of Russian movements.

I'm also somewhat surprised of President Zelensky still staying in Ukraine, even after the US recommended he leave.

Wars cost money. Hence the sanctions.

24 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Are you starting to realize that Putin is putting on more of a powerful-looking facade that looks pretty cheap up close?

Reports indicate that Ukraine actually overachieve a little bit yesterday, with reports of them killing roughly 420 Russian soldiers.

The U.S. may be quietly assisting by notifying the Ukrainian army of Russian movements.

I'm also somewhat surprised of President Zelensky still staying in Ukraine, even after the US recommended he leave.

Wars cost money. Hence the sanctions.

The sanctions aren’t doing much, Russia already prepared their economy for their impact. The people most affected will be regular Russians, not the elites who hold all the power. 

The only thing that would really hurt Russia is crippling their energy industry. If this isn’t a wake up call for Europe to stop relying on Russia for their fossil fuels, then nothing will be. 

4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

The sanctions aren’t doing much, Russia already prepared their economy for their impact. The people most affected will be regular Russians, not the elites who hold all the power. 

The only thing that would really hurt Russia is crippling their energy industry. If this isn’t a wake up call for Europe to stop relying on Russia for their fossil fuels, then nothing will be. 

No, crippling regular Russians is absolutely part of the plan.

Oligarchs who already have money are not going to be hurting.

Regular russians feeling the squeeze is what is going to topple Putin's regime. Its ALWAYS been the main way to topple such regimes.

Its standard cold war playbook. You starve them.

Edited by jehurey
41 minutes ago, jehurey said:

No, crippling regular Russians is absolutely part of the plan.

Oligarchs who already have money are not going to be hurting.

Regular russians feeling the squeeze is what is going to topple Putin's regime. Its ALWAYS been the main way to topple such regimes.

Its standard cold war playbook. You starve them.

How in the world do you still think sanctions like these are an effective deterrent? Look at Georgia in 2008, Crimea in 2014, and now Ukraine. Every single time Russia escalates further and you just want history to continue repeating itself. You are doing everything to refuse to admit that Trump was onto something when he tried to ween Europe off of Russia's fuel sources for good. In the event that a war between the west and Russia broke out, Europe would not only be caught with their pants down because of how weak they've let their armies become, but the moment Putin turns off the tap they would be completely handicapped. The EU can go on camera and yell about all the sanctions they're throwing Putin's way while lighting up their monument with the colors of the Ukranian flag, but it should be obvious how much that is failing at being a long term solution.

Cutting off the billions that Russia is making in energy sales is the only logical move that isn't a military retaliation.

49 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How in the world do you still think sanctions like these are an effective deterrent? Look at Georgia in 2008, Crimea in 2014, and now Ukraine. Every single time Russia escalates further and you just want history to continue repeating itself. You are doing everything to refuse to admit that Trump was onto something when he tried to ween Europe off of Russia's fuel sources for good. In the event that a war between the west and Russia broke out, Europe would not only be caught with their pants down because of how weak they've let their armies become, but the moment Putin turns off the tap they would be completely handicapped. The EU can go on camera and yell about all the sanctions they're throwing Putin's way while lighting up their monument with the colors of the Ukranian flag, but it should be obvious how much that is failing at being a long term solution.

Cutting off the billions that Russia is making in energy sales is the only logical move that isn't a military retaliation.

Because that's how they got taken down the first time around, when they were called Soviet Russia.

LOL Trump wasn't weening Europe off of fuel, he dropped green regulations and automobile fuel efficiency regulations.

That would've caused MORE RELIANCE on fossel fuels.

Why are you lying to yourself.

What do you mean "caught with their pants down"

Germany already turned off the Nord Strem 2 pipeline. Because Biden provided backup resources to last them through the winter, and possibly the next winter.

You didn't know this, did you? It was in the headlines two days ago.

Time for you to move your goalposts...........right?

17 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Because that's how they got taken down the first time around, when they were called Soviet Russia.

LOL Trump wasn't weening Europe off of fuel, he dropped green regulations and automobile fuel efficiency regulations.

That would've caused MORE RELIANCE on fossel fuels.

Why are you lying to yourself.

What do you mean "caught with their pants down"

Germany already turned off the Nord Strem 2 pipeline. Because Biden provided backup resources to last them through the winter, and possibly the next winter.

You didn't know this, did you? It was in the headlines two days ago.

Time for you to move your goalposts...........right?

Biden removed those sanctions on the pipeline just last year :D You can't help admit that Trump was right because in your head you somehow still think Biden hasn't been wrong on practically every foreign policy decision he's been involved in.

Progressive/left leaning politics won't get us out of this mess. Its time to wake up and smell the roses. The threat is real and its here NOW, not 20 years in the future when sea levels might be 0.215 inches higher because of climate change. 

Time for not just Europe, but the whole world to stop being dependent on Russia's energy. Hit them where it hurts the most before its too late (more so than it already is). 

Russia could have taken over all of Europe, and been halfway across the sea to the U.S. and you would still be championing stuff like Gender Neutral Bathrooms, CRT curriculums, and green energy. Thats how out of touch you are when it comes to real, global issues like the ones we currently face.

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

Biden removed those sanctions on the pipeline just last year 

no, dumbass.

you're not understanding.

putting sanction on russia for the pipeline is NOT STOPPING Germany from using the pipeline.

Hence Trump did nothing.

Biden got Germany to AGREE TO SHUT DOWN THE PIPELINE AND NOT USE IT.

Have you not read the news?

So Putin's threat to Germany is being mitigated because germany is geting their fuel from other places during the meantime.

Just now, jehurey said:

no, dumbass.

you're not understanding.

putting sanction on russia for the pipeline is NOT STOPPING Germany from using the pipeline.

Hence Trump did nothing.

Biden got Germany to AGREE TO SHUT DOWN THE PIPELINE AND NOT USE IT.

Have you not read the news?

So Putin's threat to Germany is being mitigated because germany is geting their fuel from other places during the meantime.

How much of an idiot can you be?

The pipeline wasn't finished and hasn't delivered an ounce of energy :| 

That has no effect on the fact that Europe is still presently getting FORTY percent of its total energy from Russia, regardless of the status of that pipeline

Im surprised at how misinformed you are. Also, good job ignoring the rest of my post. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

How much of an idiot can you be?

The pipeline wasn't finished and hasn't delivered an ounce of energy :| 

That has no effect on the fact that Europe is still presently getting FORTY percent of its total energy from Russia, regardless of the status of that pipeline

Im surprised at how misinformed you are. Also, good job ignoring the rest of my post. 

the rest of your post is filled with stupid-ass shit that you seem to think is real.

tell me, how many battles did the US have with the U.S.S.R in order to make it collapse. how many bullets were fired, and soldiers died?

fucking moron doesn't know the first thing about history.

Edited by jehurey