Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.youtube.com/@DenysDavydov   This guy posts daily summaries of the main events in the war (He also covered that explosion which was old btw). He's Ukrainian, but he's not afraid t

Wasn't Aza going to Crimea on vacation this month? Well I hope he has a.....blast 

Facts over feelings.

Posted Images

This is what real courage looks like:

Russian State TV protest 'sent shockwaves through all of Russian society' says American on the groundSarah K. Burris

March 14, 2022

Channel One protest and Vladimir Putin

Yakov Kronrod went back to Russia to care for his mother months before the invasion of Ukraine, so he was on the ground watching as a Channel One editor took the bold move to stage a protest on live television.

Marina Ovsyannikova, the editor of Channel One, held up a sign saying that Russians were being lied to and not to believe the propaganda. She was detained and taken to the Ostankino police department. Russia's Vladimir Putin passed a law that any person who says something that conflicts with the government can be thrown in jail for 15 years.

According to Kronrod, even pro-Putin outlets have reported on the story, he said, delivering her message even farther to more people.

"It sends shock waves through all of Russian society. Yandex News had a story about it, and they rarely have anything that's against the main narrative," said Kronrod. "Her Facebook page was getting thousands of people commenting every minute. Literally, it exploded. Everyone was texting each other, calling each other saying, did you see? Did you see what happened? And many of the human rights activists that I'm talking to feel this may very well be the start of the wave to see someone like that Channel 1 has 250 million viewers, it's the number one watched station by most common Russians. For a lot of Russians, this was the first time they saw any dissenting voice."

I've in these past couple of weeks, the ones that really stick their neck out are women.  The balls on her.

That audio of that woman just trying to keep it together as you hear the police beating her repeatedly, is quite tough.

Its for that reason, that I hope just enough turmoil happens in Russia for the people to finally gain back some power, and they use that power to try and clean up as much of what's wrong in that country.

OVD-Info also obtained a video purportedly made by Ovsyannikova before she interrupted the news broadcast.

"What is happening now in Ukraine is a crime, and Russia is the aggressor country, and the responsibility for this aggression lies on the conscience of only one person. This man is Vladimir Putin," Ovsyannikova says in the video, noting that her father is Ukrainian, and her mother is Russian.

"Unfortunately, for the past few years, I have been working on Channel One and doing Kremlin propaganda, and now I am very ashamed of it," she says in the video. "It's a shame that I allowed to speak lies from the TV screens, ashamed that I allowed to zombify Russian people."

"I am ashamed that we kept silent in 2014, when all this was just beginning," she says, a reference to Russia's 2014 invasion of Ukraine that resulted in the annexation of Crimea. "We didn't go to rallies when the Kremlin poisoned Navalny, we just silently watched this anti-human regime and now the world has turned its back on us forever, and another ten generations of our descendants will not be able to wash away from the shame of this fraternal war."

"We are Russian people, thinking and smart, and it is only in our power to stop all this madness," she says. "Go to the rallies and do not be afraid! They can't transplant us all!"

Make no mistake, when she went on the air to say these words, to be able to push them out of her mouth, she must've been scared down to her bones.

Courage is when you're afraid, but you still do it anyway.

I think she only held up the sign for that brief time, and this video is obviously pre-recorded, so I don't know if this aired, or if this video was pre-posted somewhere where people would find it (maybe her facebook page, or other social media page).

So Mitt Romney thinks it's treasonous to repeat state depsrtment comments. The biolaba exist, they contain deadly pathogens and it would be bad if they were destroyed and or came under Russian control.  Not sure what the fuck is going on here but I'm not seeing the treasonous aspect of what Gabbard said. Maybe @Goukosancan enlighten us. She didn't say anything about bio weapons. And also, the US is not at war with Russia, how can any of this be treason 😂

19 minutes ago, Cooke said:

So Mitt Romney thinks it's treasonous to repeat state depsrtment comments. The biolaba exist, they contain deadly pathogens and it would be bad if they were destroyed and or came under Russian control.  Not sure what the fuck is going on here but I'm not seeing the treasonous aspect of what Gabbard said. Maybe @Goukosancan enlighten us. She didn't say anything about bio weapons. And also, the US is not at war with Russia, how can any of this be treason 😂

Where did I say it was treasonous what she said? Trying to create an argument against a point I never made? :cmpunk1:

She said the labs are US funded labs that are doing research on harmful pathogens.  That's a lie and Russian propaganda.  The labs aren't US funded or run by the US to do any research on pathogens for the US. 

There is a US funded program that started in the 90s to decommission the bio weapons in these old soviet era labs and since 2015 the program ensures that these labs do not create any new Biological weapons.  That's it for US involvement. 

15 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

Where did I say it was treasonous what she said? Trying to create an argument against a point I never made? :cmpunk1:

She said the labs are US funded labs that are doing research on harmful pathogens.  That's a lie and Russian propaganda.  The labs aren't US funded or run by the US to do any research on pathogens for the US. 

There is a US funded program that started in the 90s to decommission the bio weapons in these old soviet era labs and since 2015 the program ensures that these labs do not create any new Biological weapons.  That's it for US involvement. 

Really? 

Ukraine labs: Following the breakup of the Soviet Union, US-funded biolabs were established in Ukraine — partly to secure old weapons left behind in the former Soviet republics. The State Department has described the claims as nonsense — and the US and Ukrainian governments have repeatedly, and for years now, tried to bat down conspiracy theories about the labs and spoken about the work that is actually being done in them

https://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/ukraine-russia-putin-news-03-10-22/index.html

Edited by Cooke
1 hour ago, Cooke said:

I don't think he ever said it was treason tho. 

Cooke is now spouting russian propaganda.

Out of all the politicians that he wanted to hitch his horse to...........he chose the run that has started spewing Putin propaganda.

ANd now cooke is doubling  down and spouting that Putin propaganda as well.

I think the age of the Battle Tank is over. These giant $3-$4 million armored beasts are being destroyed by $30K NLAWs and $100K Javelins that often come out of nowhere from huge distances. And every time you not only lose the cost of the tank but every member of the 3 man crew is guaranteed to die instantly. If I were a Russian tank crew member I would pretty much be constantly shitting myself while in these death traps.

U.S. Senate unanimously condemns Putin as war criminal

"All of us in this chamber joined together, with Democrats and Republicans, to say that Vladimir Putin cannot escape accountability for the atrocities committed against the Ukrainian people," Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said in a speech on the Senate floor ahead of the vote.

The resolution supports Ukraine's war crimes complaint to the International Criminal Court and urges the ICC and the International Court of Justice to expand their investigations to include Russian commanders who might be carrying out war crimes."

And it seems the rest of the world are joining in on this.

Putin's attempt to splinter NATO and then west has actually brought the US and its allies closer together. 

Everyone that sided with Putin on this basically committed political suicide as the public at large locally in the US and globally side with Ukraine on this

poor Tulsi claiming Ukraine was the guilty one and Putin wae innocent.. She can't run anyway again and expect to win:feelsbadman:

Oh and let's not forget these gems. 

" He’s taking over a country for $2 worth of sanctions. I’d say that’s pretty smart,”:trump:

‘This is genius,’  “Putin declares a big portion of of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’”  :trump2:

4 hours ago, Goukosan said:

U.S. Senate unanimously condemns Putin as war criminal

"All of us in this chamber joined together, with Democrats and Republicans, to say that Vladimir Putin cannot escape accountability for the atrocities committed against the Ukrainian people," Democratic Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer said in a speech on the Senate floor ahead of the vote.

The resolution supports Ukraine's war crimes complaint to the International Criminal Court and urges the ICC and the International Court of Justice to expand their investigations to include Russian commanders who might be carrying out war crimes."

And it seems the rest of the world are joining in on this.

Putin's attempt to splinter NATO and then west has actually brought the US and its allies closer together. 

Everyone that sided with Putin on this basically committed political suicide as the public at large locally in the US and globally side with Ukraine on this

poor Tulsi claiming Ukraine was the guilty one and Putin wae innocent.. She can't run anyway again and expect to win:feelsbadman:

Oh and let's not forget these gems. 

" He’s taking over a country for $2 worth of sanctions. I’d say that’s pretty smart,”:trump:

‘This is genius,’  “Putin declares a big portion of of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’”  :trump2:

I thought republicans and right wingers were on Putin's side? Why would they universally vote to condemn him? You should try and come up with more consistent arguments.

54 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I thought republicans and right wingers were on Putin's side? Why would they universally vote to condemn him? You should try and come up with more consistent arguments.

Because over the past few weeks they saw how un popular it was, hence the back tracking now.    They are grifters expected nothing less. 

Too bad  for them we live in the information age where everyone who supported Putin in this and shared that publicly the videos, audio and screen shots are on the internet forever.... Straight up political suicide :umad:

2 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Because over the past few weeks they saw how un popular it was, hence the back tracking now.    They are grifters expected nothing less. 

Too bad  for them we live in the information age where everyone who supported Putin in this and shared that publicly the videos, audio and screen shots are on the internet forever.... Straight up political suicide :umad:

ive noticed even people calling for ceasefires and negotiations are also being called Putin puppets.. when did the left become so pro war? 

1 hour ago, Cooke said:

ive noticed even people calling for ceasefires and negotiations are also being called Putin puppets.. when did the left become so pro war? 

Really, explain how the left is "pro war"?

What are the "pro war" things that the "left" is doing?

Show us.

53 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Really, explain how the left is "pro war"?

What are the "pro war" things that the "left" is doing?

Show us.

Calling for a no fly zone that would lead to nuclear war? That's one of them.