Russia has officially invaded Ukraine

8 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Jesus...a convoy of military vehicles on route to Kyiv is now 40 miles long. Tonight is going to be rough.

A well placed strike in the road can create a traffic jam.

The general math is that you need 5 invaders to take down 1 defender, when the defender is in a defensible position. That's apparently coming from former military strategists.

Assuming they can get all of those soldiers surround Kyiv  and motivated to fight, its going to take them a while for them to take over the city,

At some point, we don't even know what they gain from taking over something, if they end up destroying most of it during the process.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.youtube.com/@DenysDavydov   This guy posts daily summaries of the main events in the war (He also covered that explosion which was old btw). He's Ukrainian, but he's not afraid t

Wasn't Aza going to Crimea on vacation this month? Well I hope he has a.....blast 

Facts over feelings.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

A well placed strike in the road can create a traffic jam.

The general math is that you need 5 invaders to take down 1 defender, when the defender is in a defensible position. That's apparently coming from former military strategists.

Assuming they can get all of those soldiers surround Kyiv  and motivated to fight, its going to take them a while for them to take over the city,

At some point, we don't even know what they gain from taking over something, if they end up destroying most of it during the process.

The big issue is that they're about to surround the city. If they cut off the supplies coming in from the west, then the defenders are screwed.

Just now, Twinblade said:

The big issue is that they're about to surround the city. If they cut off the supplies coming in from the west, then the defenders are screwed.

Well, Ukraine is probably already getting their supplies that have been paid for by western countries. by the time Biden was okay the $600 million in funds, chances are the supplies were already nearby, and they were just waiting on the confirmation of who was paying.

And also, from what I've seen, Russian forces and their positions only appear to be in the top half of Kyiv. I presume, from Belarus.

rumor, as its just a rumor (and to be honest, it would be pretty crazy) Ukraine is instructing their citizens to set that forested area where the convoy is currently resting.......on fire.

Yes, literally starting a massive forest fire that could engulf  that entire stretch of highway.

Imagine being president for 20+ years and then stamping your legacy on failing to occupy Ukraine by small arms and Javelins. :mj: Then seeing your country go against everything you believe in in just a matter of days along with the rest of the international communities. :rofls:

2 hours ago, Cooke said:

https://www.moex.com/en/

Moscow stock exchange is down

its going to be down until March 5th, if i remember reading correctly.

this is why they initially wanted to do a zerg rush and see if they could takeover Kyiv before the end of last weekend, so that they could do it before their market opened on Monday.

Now that's not going to be the case, so even when it opens it will tank further. Unless they come up with some other excuse to keep on freezing it.

14 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Jesus...a convoy of military vehicles on route to Kyiv is now 40 miles long. Tonight is going to be rough.

That's absolutely fake. How did it get to Kiev?  Through which highway and why are there no videos of such a mythical convoy posted by anyone. Russian or Ukrainian side be it coming from Russia is going through Ukraine. 

Edited by Team 2019

IMG-20220301-190951.jpg

I have no idea what parallel reality you guys live in but the plan isn't to zerg rush Kiev and it's not even the main battlefield. At least not yet. I even have doubts if they will try to storm Koev and no just keep it blocked. 

See the blue line that's in an encirclement now? That's where all the combat ready forces are on the front lines of donetsk. The rush was to encircle them from South and North without letting them retreat to Kiev. Thats where like 70 percent of the Ukr army is thats equipped and trained. Then next goal is to cut off the sea access with only Odessa being left in West.  The purple area. 

Edited by Team 2019
41 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

IMG-20220301-190951.jpg

I have no idea what parallel reality you guys live in but the plan isn't to zerg rush Kiev and it's not even the main battlefield. At least not yet. I even have doubts if they will try to storm Koev and no just keep it blocked. 

See the blue line that's in an encirclement now? That's where all the combat ready forces are on the front lines of donetsk. The rush was to encircle them from South and North without letting them retreat to Kiev. Thats where like 70 percent of the Ukr army is thats equipped and trained. Then next goal is to cut off the sea access with only Odessa being left in West.  The purple area. 

No, we already have seen the convey on the highway heading to Kyiv.

Sorry, the world no longer uses the Russian spelling of that Ukrainian city.

It’s a messed up situation but there have been loads of hilarious memes already because of how inept the Russian military has been. That long convoy is also apparently stuck because of fuel/food shortages and other logistical issues.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

It’s a messed up situation but there have been loads of hilarious memes already because of how inept the Russian military has been. That long convoy is also apparently stuck because of fuel/food shortages and other logistical issues.

I read that the Ukranians also captured a Thermobaric launcher.

Edit, here:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1573905/Ukraine-news-army-captures-Russian-TOS-1A-thermobaric-rocket-launcher-Vladimir-Putin-war

Edited by Chicano3000X

Such a crazy contrast compared to Afghanistan. Most of the Afghan Army threw down their weapons when the Taliban started making gains, and the normal male citizens climbed aboard Cargo planes and ran across the borders in an attempt to flee.

Here you have Ukranian men from around the world coming back to their country as its under siege and picking up weapons to fight the Russians. These people are made of something else, really inspiring to see.