The Will Smith/Chris Rock thread (no race shit)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Just heard about the 10 year ban and I don't agree with it. That's too harsh IMO, 3 years seems far more reasonable.

Apparently he can still be nominated and win he just can't sit in that theater. So who cares really. 

Yeah. Even 5 years seems reasonable. 10 years though? Sheesh, it's not like he beat the shit out of Rock. He just slapped him. He shouldn't of put his hands on Rock to begin with but still... 10 years for a slap?

4 minutes ago, Vini said:

Apparently he can still be nominated and win he just can't sit in that theater. So who cares really. 

Wait. What?! 

Didn't know that. That... uhh... Yeah, that hardly seems like a punishment then.

1 minute ago, Sabo said:

Yeah. Even 5 years seems reasonable. 10 years though? Sheesh, it's not like he beat the shit out of Rock. He just slapped him. He shouldn't of put his hands on Rock to begin with but still... 10 years for a slap?

It's actually more the audacity of strolling up there, smacking a host, then sitting back down and refusing to leave after being told multiple times that he had to.  You don't get to do what you want with no repercussions.  Will Smith isn't special.. and if it was anyone else they would have been forced out of there.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Remij said:

It's actually more the audacity of strolling up there, smacking a host, then sitting back down and refusing to leave after being told multiple times that he had to.  You don't get to do what you want with no repercussions.  Will Smith isn't special.. and if it was anyone else they would have been forced out of there.

Oh, I'm not condoning his actions at all. He absolutely deserves to be punished but the punishment should be fair.

15 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Oh, I'm not condoning his actions at all. He absolutely deserves to be punished but the punishment should be fair.

You can be jailed for slapping (assaulting)  someone. Not being able to go to an award show seems pretty fair.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Remij said:

turns out that he wasn't told to.

and especially not "multiple times."

The Oscar producers were caught lying. Not to mention that we had photos release of people who walked up to Smith. His publicist, Denzel Washington, and Bradley Cooper.

I don't expect Will Smith to get nominated for anything. And I sure as hell didn't expect anything from this performance in King Richard.