The Will Smith/Chris Rock thread (no race shit)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Sabo said:

You don't put your hands on ANY performer, dumbass. 

Dude, why are (clearly) feigning outrage over this.

Would you be acting like this if you read a story that Will Smith slapped Chris Rock someplace, and there was no photos or video?

No, you'd be giggling.

I almost think people are getting outraged because they WITNESSED a slap, instead of the actual slap itself.

Like, you must have been bouncing off the walls in anger and marching the streets over Rihanna being repeatedly punched by Chris Brown, right?

30 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I do agree but also wouldn't mind someone smacking Ricky Gervais on stage. 

yeah that's the thing. the reason Chris Rock feels like he could make such an UNBELIEVABLY lazy joke is because of the shit Rickey Gervais does.

I absolutely connect this entire Chris Rock thing with the state of award shows and Rickey Gervais.

The whole point of actually roasting people in an official roast, is that the person AGREES to be roasted, and knows this beforehand.

When did awards shows become roasts?

And secondly............if you're the type of person that says "I can't wait for Rickey Gervais to TAKE DOWN THE HOLLYWOOD ELITE!":jonb:

Like...........why? How did you get this way?

I don't worship celebrities. I also don't harbor grudges to the point where I've convinced myself that they "need to be taken down." Like, what's wrong with you?

Edited by jehurey
40 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

I do agree but also wouldn't mind someone smacking Ricky Gervais on stage. 

Another hot take.

Ricky Gervais is a legend nobody will ever do it better. Smack yourself instead for having such a terrible sense of humor. 

Edited by Vini
  • Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Dude, why are (clearly) feigning outrage over this.

Would you be acting like this if you read a story that Will Smith slapped Chris Rock someplace, and there was no photos or video?

No, you'd be giggling.

I almost think people are getting outraged because they WITNESSED a slap, instead of the actual slap itself.

Like, you must have been bouncing off the walls in anger and marching the streets over Rihanna being repeatedly punched by Chris Brown, right?

Outrage is a gross exaggeration so please stop trying to assume my emotional state....

I just think its fucked up this dude literally slapped the man on live TV and got zero punishment for this action.

Was the joke in bad taste? Sure, but Will's reaction was far worse. Now Will is going to be the punchline of all jokes for the foreseeable future because he crossed the line over one bad joke.

Considering this families history, people have a goldmine of material to work with. Hair jokes are going to be the light shit...

3 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Outrage is a gross exaggeration so please stop trying to assume my emotional state....

I just think its fucked up this dude literally slapped the man on live TV and got zero punishment for this action.

That is  absolutely you attempting to feign outrage.

You've seen videos of people doing far worse, you've even seen people in your own life, probably around your own family, or when you were in school, do similar things.

I think you are getting angrier and angrier that you SAW a slap, rather than the actual slap.

If you got slapped like that, would you go through the trouble of pressing charges?

Also, you and every other human being has the capacity to BLAME BOTH PEOPLE for each one doing something wrong.

Its not a zero-sum scenario.

And then you're plan to go forward is..........continue trashing some person (whom you don't know) entire family and their personal lives?

Can you explain why you, or anybody else, would devote any time or mental energy on this?

20 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That is  absolutely you attempting to feign outrage.

You've seen videos of people doing far worse, you've even seen people in your own life, probably around your own family, or when you were in school, do similar things.

I think you are getting angrier and angrier that you SAW a slap, rather than the actual slap.

If you got slapped like that, would you go through the trouble of pressing charges?

Also, you and every other human being has the capacity to BLAME BOTH PEOPLE for each one doing something wrong.

Its not a zero-sum scenario.

And then you're plan to go forward is..........continue trashing some person (whom you don't know) entire family and their personal lives?

Can you explain why you, or anybody else, would devote any time or mental energy on this?

Man, no wonder people don't like talking to you. You're so desperate to "gain an upper hand" you will literally make wild assumptions on the other person's frame of mind- assumptions based off words on a screen where all context is lost BTW. It's such a pathetic way to argue, it couldn't be more clear how socially awkward you most likely are in RL.

I literally didn't bother to read the majority of your post because I have lost any interest in taking you seriously.

• dead 1
7 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Man, no wonder people don't like talking to you. You're so desperate to "gain an upper hand" you will literally make wild assumptions on the other person's frame of mind-

Aren't you doing that regarding Will Smith and his entire family?

8 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Man, no wonder people don't like talking to you. You're so desperate to "gain an upper hand" you will literally make wild assumptions on the other person's frame of mind- assumptions based off words on a screen where all context is lost BTW. It's such a pathetic way to argue, it couldn't be more clear how socially awkward you most likely are in RL.

I literally didn't bother to read the majority of your post because I have lost any interest in taking you seriously.

You just bought yourself  a 10 page argument

57 minutes ago, Vini said:

Another hot take.

Ricky Gervais is a legend nobody will ever do it better. Smack yourself instead for having such a terrible sense of humor. 

Lol nah. I know why you like him and all but in reality he thinks his shit don't stink. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Lol nah. I know why you like him and all but in reality he thinks his shit don't stink. 

I like him cause he's genuinely funny which is the only thing a comedian needs to be. I don't really care what he thinks of himself. 

2 minutes ago, Vini said:

I like him cause he's genuinely funny which is the only thing a comedian needs to be. I don't really care what he thinks of himself. 

he's not a stand-up comic.

he's a comedy writer, and does that awkward british shtick.

but as a stand-up???????? he's fucking terrible.

Go watch the one hour "Talking Funny" special that aired on HBO like ten years ago.

Seinfeld, and Rock, and Louis CK, and Gervais are all sitting together, and Gervais looks like a complete fraud next to them.

But also, I've been realizing that people have genuinely started to worship stand-up comedians, and they are actually perpetuating the "Today's Modern Philosopher" bullshit that's gotten out of hand.

And what's worse is that I think some of these stand-up comedians are starting to believe that bullshit.

3 minutes ago, jehurey said:

he's not a stand-up comic.

he's a comedy writer, and does that awkward british shtick.

but as a stand-up???????? he's fucking terrible.

Go watch the one hour "Talking Funny" special that aired on HBO like ten years ago.

Seinfeld, and Rock, and Louis CK, and Gervais are all sitting together, and Gervais looks like a complete fraud next to them.

But also, I've been realizing that people have genuinely started to worship stand-up comedians, and they are actually perpetuating the "Today's Modern Philosopher" bullshit that's gotten out of hand.

And what's worse is that I think some of these stand-up comedians are starting to believe that bullshit.

He's a great stand up I've seen him live he's hilarious

Also this is one of my favorite stand up bits ever. 

2 minutes ago, Vini said:

He's a great stand up I've seen him live he's hilarious

Also this is one of my favorite stand up bits ever. 

that's...................like a punchline you'd read on 4chan.

And this is an over 10 year old clip, so you can only imagine how much worse he is from his peak.

Stand-up comedians are like your favorite rock band.

They simply just don't have that edge anymore by their 4th or 5th album.

2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

that's...................like a punchline you'd read on 4chan.

And this is an over 10 year old clip, so you can only imagine how much worse he is from his peak.

Stand-up comedians are like your favorite rock band.

They simply just don't have that edge anymore by their 4th or 5th album.

Stand up expert Jerry thanks for your feedback. 

This is like when people like you claimed Joe Rogan isn't a stand up comic a month ago. Sure buddy whatever you say

Edited by Vini
Just now, Vini said:

Stand up expert Jerry thanks for your feedback. 

This is like when people like you claimed Joe Rogan isn't a stand up comic a month ago. Sure buddy 

No Rogan is a stand-up comic, I even said so.

I said he was a hack, who AT BEST, was mediocre.

There was a video somebody made and posted on youtube in which Rogan is interviewing another stand-up comic. And the guest was talking about hack stand-up comics and how terrible they are, and the things that all hacks do.

Like they almost always scream everything that they say during their set, and then it cuts to footage of Joe Rogan on-stage doing stand-up screaming out everything, for seemingly no reason.

And then the guest says that hacks do physical bits, and resort to grabbing the stool and pretending to fuck it.

And the video cuts to Joe Rogan doing EXACTLY that.:kaz:

And then it cuts to Joe Rogan's face during this interview, and he's got this completely guilty look on his face.

Joe Rogan is a hack...........and if you have not been able to figure that out, then you are goddamn right I'm a stand-up expert compared to your dumbass.