The Will Smith/Chris Rock thread (no race shit)

28 minutes ago, Vini said:

He's a great stand up I've seen him live he's hilarious

Also this is one of my favorite stand up bits ever. 

That is one of your favorite bits ever? LMFAO You need to discover better comedians...and that isn't hard at all if this is your leaping off point. 

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Cell said:

Skip to 45 seconds in for you salty fucks who can't handle Ricky Gervais. 

i love him. i only watched the golden globes for him. he keeps it real af. he doesn't care about hollywood sensitivity and fragile millionaire egos.

1 hour ago, Cell said:

Except.......I would demand better quality jokes than "hey she's bald, she should be in GI Jane 2!!"

The plain fact of the matter is that Ricky Gervais is a little bitch for pandering that much to begin with.

He already knows that the celebrities can't do anything but hold their smile and continue laughing.

Not because they're scared of him, or Chris Rock, but because of the camera that's currently pointed at their faces.

That's what allows Chris Rock and Gervais to get away with petty potshots like that.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't make jokes that are about genuinely funny things.

But saying things that are just direct insults are not clever jokes.

Johnny Carson once said on an Oscars broadcast "I see a lot of new faces tonight, especially on the older faces." Now that's funny, and he didn't target anybody.

• NPC 1
3 hours ago, Sabo said:

Man, no wonder people don't like talking to you. You're so desperate to "gain an upper hand" you will literally make wild assumptions on the other person's frame of mind- assumptions based off words on a screen where all context is lost BTW. It's such a pathetic way to argue, it couldn't be more clear how socially awkward you most likely are in RL.

I literally didn't bother to read the majority of your post because I have lost any interest in taking you seriously.

He does that with everyone, in any type of conversation and he's never wrong about what YOU think.

Arguing with Jerry is single handedly the biggest waste of time imaginable. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Ramza said:

He does that with everyone, in any type of conversation and he's never wrong about what YOU think.

Arguing with Jerry is single handedly the biggest waste of time imaginable. 

except you guys don't argue, you evade......which is what causes and back and forth that never ends.

if you actually stood your ground and defended your points, the conversation will eventually come to an end.

but you do something worse, and run off onto some other tangent.......and I don't let you......and that's you off.

my perspective is: if you do that type of shit.........you deserve what comes next.

1 hour ago, Cell said:

Meh. I think that's the thing. The people he was catering to. I dont need to see celebrities "taken down" to enjoy an award show. Fundamentally it doesn't even make sense, who is watching the Oscars or the Golden Globes in the first place if they're feeling negatively about actors? He was successful in creating buzz for himself and almost all of the people who loved his hosting set liked it simply for telling them to stop talking about issues they care about. 

His stand up work outside of hosting stuff is average at best. LOL at Vini's favorite joke. It's one of the worst I've seen. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Impossible said:

who is watching the Oscars or the Golden Globes in the first place if they're feeling negatively about actors?

alot of guys on the internet, apparently.

that's the thing..........these guys have read up on the entire Smith family, and watch the shows but HATE celebrities at the same time and want to "see them get taken down."

they're the same type of people who talk about actresses and female singers acting like whores on their instagram...............but they're the ones that are gawking at those insta photos at the same time.

some of them also might be the type of people who come posting in here and make a new thread about a RAP BEEF.

Like, if you're the type of guy who actually followed entire RAP BEEF twitter story-arcs........how are you any different than some tween girl who follows BTS?

35 minutes ago, jehurey said:

alot of guys on the internet, apparently.

that's the thing..........these guys have read up on the entire Smith family, and watch the shows but HATE celebrities at the same time and want to "see them get taken down."

they're the same type of people who talk about actresses and female singers acting like whores on their instagram...............but they're the ones that are gawking at those insta photos at the same time.

some of them also might be the type of people who come posting in here and make a new thread about a RAP BEEF.

Like, if you're the type of guy who actually followed entire RAP BEEF twitter story-arcs........how are you any different than some tween girl who follows BTS?

You are acting like you're personally invested in this shit dude. You act like these people are you family, stop white knighting Jerr, Jada isn't going to.... oh wait, she might. :willcucked: 

2 minutes ago, Sublyminal said:

You are acting like you're personally invested in this shit dude. You act like these people are you family, stop white knighting Jerr, Jada isn't going to.... oh wait, she might. :willcucked: 

am I the one who's talking about the Smith family history here?

or..............is it you?

because whoever is doing that is the one that's invested.

Little too late for you to attempt projection at this point.

1 minute ago, jehurey said:

am I the one who's talking about the Smith family history here?

or..............is it you?

because whoever is doing that is the one that's invested.

Little too late for you to attempt projection at this point.

I'm not the one in here getting butthurt because people are talking bout Will and Jada, stop trying to derail every damn topic. 

1 minute ago, Sublyminal said:

I'm not the one in here getting butthurt because people are talking bout Will and Jada, stop trying to derail every damn topic. 

I'm not being butthurt about Will and Jada.........where have I brought them up besides the very beginning?

you seem to be missing the subject whom I am describing........maybe you should read my posts again.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

except you guys don't argue, you evade......which is what causes and back and forth that never ends.

if you actually stood your ground and defended your points, the conversation will eventually come to an end.

but you do something worse, and run off onto some other tangent.......and I don't let you......and that's you off.

my perspective is: if you do that type of shit.........you deserve what comes next.

Yeah sure, everyone else is the problem, not you. 

Nice self projection by the way.

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Yeah sure, everyone else is the problem, not you. 

Nice self projection by the way.

but you clearly see me explaining to you how you're not answering questions, and you even see point out the very moments you RUN AWAY from a topic and go to something else.

right?

or do you just think I'm making that up?