What are your worst subscriptions?

Since subs have been a hot topic lately, what 

are your dumbest? 

i signed up for a t shirt a month club like 5 years ago. Their shirts are nice but basically all the same. I have so many at this point but keep the $20 sub going for unknown reasons. 

i also subscribe to photoshop for $10 a month for literally no reason and could just download it whenever I want. That one maybe I’ll change today :bena: 

11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

hey, our $4.99 fee is reasonable!

you pay with your life and soul in here. reading a post from jerry and you feel a few years older 😩 

• dead 1

I paid FFXI monthly subscription for more than a year and I only played the game for a few hours total. Iirc, I couldn't connect to my old email address and I had forgotten my password in the game, eventually the subscription ended by itself and I'm not even sure why. :D 

I signed up for this Soundiiz thing when I switched from Spotify to YouTube music. If you pay, it'll transfer your playlists. That *mostly* worked ok. But it's the kind of thing you forget to cancel and I ended up paying $3/mo for like a year, having totally forgot about the service.

https://soundiiz.com/tutorial/spotify-to-youtube-music

Edited by sugarhigh
20 hours ago, Sabo said:

Probably YouTube premium. I don't even use any of its benefits, I'm literally paying them a monthly fee for no ads LOL...

They make you pay to make their app less irritating. It's a great business model 

1 hour ago, Casual said:

I keep forgetting to cancel my chess.com sub. It bills me like 120 bucks annually and I don’t really use the features it comes with. Maybe I’ll cancel it…tomorrow though. 

Ha, I was like that with a website I ended up dong jack shit with. I was spending money every year to keep it up. Dumb, impulsive decision. 

8 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Ha, I was like that with a website I ended up dong jack shit with. I was spending money every year to keep it up. Dumb, impulsive decision. 

yeah i got a bad habit of getting really into new hobbies/interests, going "all in" and then burning out after a couple months.

Just now, Casual said:

yeah i got a bad habit of getting really into new hobbies/interests, going "all in" and then burning out after a couple months.

bro...that was so me. now, i'm a minimalist. i only buy shit i need, unless my family will benefit from it.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

bro...that was so me. now, i'm a minimalist. i only buy shit i need, unless my family will benefit from it.

yep, im working my way there haha.  luckily i hate clutter, so i tend to not buy too much physical stuff. but with all the subs/courses/general shit you can buy digitally nowadays it tends to manifest there. tbh most of the stuff i buy is stuff im truly interested in, i just gotta be more honest with myself when it comes to how much time i really have to invest in these things. i spread myself thin a lot.

• Upvote 1
Just now, Casual said:

yep, im working my way there haha.  luckily i hate clutter, so i tend to not buy too much physical stuff. but with all the subs/courses/general shit you can buy digitally nowadays it tends to manifest there. tbh most of the stuff i buy is stuff im truly interested in, i just gotta be more honest with myself when it comes to how much time i really have to invest in these things. i spread myself thin a lot.

that's what was happening to me. i would spend money on something...and then i'd feel obligated to use it. fuck that.