E3 2022 officially cancelled - No in person or digital event

I mean they could do some sort of live streamed show with their own fans.

Like there's nothing really stopping Nintendo executives from hosting and livestreaming a show from their own store in NYC, and they have Nintendo fans enter a contest to win a trip and see the show.

That's what an Apple keynote is, since its just mostly their employees in the audience cheering.

Then again Apple keynote really don't get the same amount of buzz that they used.

I mean most of the fun was seeing things on stage.  It just hits different imo.  You get the crowd gasps and shock when something crazy is announced or done.  The last E3 to truly do that for me was Sony's E3 2016 with God of War.  That was EPIC.  God of War's awesome orchestra leading into a great gameplay reveal.  RE7 completely shocking people.. and then the "download the demo tonight" was just icing.  That harkened back to those E3's of old.  

It was like Sony did one final hurrah showing the world what their events could be like... before they completely regressed and started drawing away from it.

I get that times change and shit... and that these days it costs a shit ton to do big events like that... and obviously covid didn't help things... but E3 actually had a meaning behind it.. it was a way for the industry to come together and build relationships and make business deals.  There's many instances of developers reiterating how important that stuff was.. to do it in person.  You can't build the same relationships and exchange of ideas online as you can in person face to face.

You also had awesome things like the Giantbomb interviews where you'd hear awesome stories and get candid responses from devs about the industry.  That shit was FUN.

I want that kind of shit instead of soul-less Direct type stuff.  Everything is half assed.  They'll do a Direct/State of Play... some journalists will "react" to it... and it's forgotten about the same week that it happens..

I like having a big week full of tons of announcements.. companies actually competing to outdo each other.. because it's all happening at once, you have more incentive to do a better job.

*sigh*