AI: The Somnium Files - NirvanA Initiative gameplay trailer released

5 minutes ago, Remij said:

I'm hearing the animation work is clearly better too.

I wont be starting this for a while yet, but I'll get there. :wow2: 

Yeah, it’s definitely a glorious upgrade. :wow2: 

• Like 1
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Godly.     Can't wait for this!

Yeah, it’s up there for me too. Along with hotel dusk. Hell…I love all of these types of games. Danganronpa and 999/virtue series too 

Can’t fucking wait!! 

Posted Images

The switch sucks. So, I got the new somnium files game for it, due to portability. But I have drifting issues, and now the “L” button doesn’t work during QTEs. So, I’m playing it docked now :mjcry:

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

The switch sucks. So, I got the new somnium files game for it, due to portability. But I have drifting issues, and now the “L” button doesn’t work during QTEs. So, I’m playing it docked now :mjcry:

You should definitely send the joycons to Nintendo for repair. I was having a rough time with mine until I got them fixed.

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

Sucks that you can't adjust the inner deadzone on the Switch like you can in Steam.  If an analog stick has some drifting, you can just enlarge the inner deadzone so that it no longer rests outside of the deadzone causing it to input.  

A slightly larger deadzone doesn't really affect most games in any meaningful way, and it can allow you to get a bit more mileage out of them.

It's kinda dumb how consoles don't fully allow for complete customization of controls this day in age.  You should be able to customize, buttons, zones, sensitivities, as well as utilize Gyro, and more at the base level, as well as create custom profiles which could be sharable for separate games.  Steam is just embarrassing these consoles at this point with this awesome functionality.  It can literally transform some games from being a slog to control.. to being a delight.

Microsoft claim to be about accessibility... and this type of functionality would go a long way in helping those who need it.  Creating macros for combo presses and stuff like that.  There's no technological reason why they can't do and support these things.

They need to step it up IMO.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

You should definitely send the joycons to Nintendo for repair. I was having a rough time with mine until I got them fixed.

This will be the third time lol

15 minutes ago, Remij said:

Sucks that you can't adjust the inner deadzone on the Switch like you can in Steam.  If an analog stick has some drifting, you can just enlarge the inner deadzone so that it no longer rests outside of the deadzone causing it to input.  

A slightly larger deadzone doesn't really affect most games in any meaningful way, and it can allow you to get a bit more mileage out of them.

It's kinda dumb how consoles don't fully allow for complete customization of controls this day in age.  You should be able to customize, buttons, zones, sensitivities, as well as utilize Gyro, and more at the base level, as well as create custom profiles which could be sharable for separate games.  Steam is just embarrassing these consoles at this point with this awesome functionality.  It can literally transform some games from being a slog to control.. to being a delight.

Microsoft claim to be about accessibility... and this type of functionality would go a long way in helping those who need it.  Creating macros for combo presses and stuff like that.  There's no technological reason why they can't do and support these things.

They need to step it up IMO.

💯

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

what the hell :D I didn't realize Nintendo's quality control was that bad. I guess im lucky because I only had to send mine in once.

Yeah, I don’t get it. I have never encountered a situation like this before. Hell, neither of two 360’s RROD’d. So weird. 

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yup. I got the happy one. Now, I’m doing the dark and twisted path. You? 

Yeah, I think that's the first ending most people are going to end up getting. Im deep into the other path atm, and I think I already have the 'info' that you would need in order to trigger the other branch at the very beginning of the game. But Im going to see this one to the end before I do that.

• aitch 1
7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

Yeah, I think that's the first ending most people are going to end up getting. Im deep into the other path atm, and I think I already have the 'info' that you would need in order to trigger the other branch at the very beginning of the game. But Im going to see this one to the end before I do that.

Ha, we are at a similar place. I’ll put in more time tomorrow. Awesome game! 

• aitch 1

@-GD-Xthats technically the 2nd ending you can get. There's a funny reference to the first game

Spoiler

Remember the joke ending where date talks to the big breasted receptionist at Lemniscate and convinces her to go away with him to some japanese resort. And the game just ends right there if you repeatedly choose that dialogue option? Turns out you can actually do the same thing here as Ryuki :D 

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Twinblade said:

@-GD-Xthats technically the 2nd ending you can get. There's a funny reference to the first game

Hide contents

Remember the joke ending where date talks to the big breasted receptionist at Lemniscate and convinces her to go away with him to some japanese resort. And the game just ends right there if you repeatedly choose that dialogue option? Turns out you can actually do the same thing here as Ryuki :D 

That’s amazing! :D