AI: The Somnium Files - NirvanA Initiative gameplay trailer released

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Godly.     Can't wait for this!

Yeah, it’s up there for me too. Along with hotel dusk. Hell…I love all of these types of games. Danganronpa and 999/virtue series too 

Can’t fucking wait!! 

Posted Images

2 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Ya. I’m on a whole different path now. Crazy shit!

I have good memory or I would have had to look up a guide after that ending :D 

Spoiler

IIRC they only mentioned the first name you need for the first branch a single time.

BTW, I like how Mizuki sounds more mature and adult-like in the present compared to the 12 year old her. The voice acting in general is quite good.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

So annoyed! I was almost done with a long ass somnium, and the game crashed. I should have gotten the PlayStation version. 

Im playing it on PC but I keep thinking about how great it would look and play on the deck. Probably one of the better games for it.

Just now, Twinblade said:

Im playing it on PC but I keep thinking about how great it would look and play on the deck. Probably one of the better games for it.

It looks glorious on the switch undocked (not so much docked lol). I bet it’s gorgeous on the deck. 

The original looks and runs perfectly on the Deck, can confirm :wow2: 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, -GD-X said:

i got another "good" ending. this is definitely longer than the first game. i'm sooooo not complaining :smoke:

Im not that far yet but the theory I had at the beginning seems to be accurate

Spoiler

You investigate the right halfs of the bodies in Ryuki's timeline, and the left halfs in Mizuki's present day story. Very cool how everything has been interconnected so far.

• Upvote 1

Finished it! That was epic! There’s still one small lingering mystery (you get something during the main ending). I have a feeling I know what it’s for. I’ll redo one section later to see if that’s the case. But yeah, amazing game! 

I need more time to play. Weather was super nice this past weekend so couldn't pass it up and also working on a major project at work with a deadline of tomorrow. Plus kids and chores and regular life stuff. Being an adult with responsibilities sucks sometimes. You get way more money but way less time to enjoy stuff. :( 

• Sad 1
46 minutes ago, Ike said:

I need more time to play. Weather was super nice this past weekend so couldn't pass it up and also working on a major project at work with a deadline of tomorrow. Plus kids and chores and regular life stuff. Being an adult with responsibilities sucks sometimes. You get way more money but way less time to enjoy stuff. :( 

yeah, i wanted to knock it out before this upcoming holiday weekend. so, i hear ya.

5 hours ago, -GD-X said:

Finished it! That was epic! There’s still one small lingering mystery (you get something during the main ending). I have a feeling I know what it’s for. I’ll redo one section later to see if that’s the case. But yeah, amazing game! 

Nice :smoke: Any idea how long it took you?

3 minutes ago, -GD-X said:

hmmm 20-25 hours? i think the first took me like 15.

The first took me 29 hours according to my Steam history :ben:  I do like to examine everything in the environments to get all the dialogue so thats probably why. Im 18 hours into Nirvana so I probably have a ways to go.

The first took me 29 hours according to my Steam history :ben:  I do like to examine everything in the environments to get all the dialogue so thats probably why. Im 18 hours into Nirvana so I probably have a ways to go.

ohhh...i can never track time well. i'm always hitting pause to return texts/calls...or i forget to hit pause. i forgot what game it was..but it said it took me like 30 hours to beat a 5 hour title :D. i just left that shit running lol. some people have said nirvana took them 30-35 hours.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

i like how there's more puzzle elements to the somniums and investigations. Its not all just going through text and making a bunch of interactions until you stumble on the right choice.

Definitely! They are way more thought out. I also love the diversity with their themes. 

• Like 1