DF: Steamdeck vs Next Gen gaming

Fucking amazing work by Valve and AMD. I was trashing the Series S in the other thread, but as long as developers have to target it, the Deck is going to be in the sweet spot for AAA support. The Deck is going to have an incredible lifespan. It's easy to see upper-tier indies playing on it for 10+ years.

Nintendo wont catch up to Valve's 2022 performance before 2030.

20 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Fucking amazing work by Valve and AMD. I was trashing the Series S in the other thread, but as long as developers have to target it, the Deck is going to be in the sweet spot for AAA support. The Deck is going to have an incredible lifespan. It's easy to see upper-tier indies playing on it for 10+ years.

Nintendo wont catch up to Valve's 2022 performance before 2030.

They don’t need to, considering you’d have to jump through incredible hoops to run a Switch game on it. 

Switch is popular because of its games, not just the portable aspect. 

i am not a hater tho, I’m just curious where/who the market for this is 

Edited by ghostz
1 minute ago, ghostz said:

They don’t need to, considering you’d have to jump through incredible hoops to run a Switch game on it. 

Switch is popular because of its games, not just the portable aspect. 

i am not a hater tho, I’m just curious where/who the market for this is 

Nintendo 1st party is like the Disney of videogames: mainly enjoyed by children, morons, and pedophiles.

The worst thing about the Deck is that Playstation isn't ready yet with day-1 PC ports. For everything else, and especially indie games with a budget where Nintendo mostly competes, the Deck could be the only gaming device you need for a really long time.

12 minutes ago, sugarhigh said:

Nintendo 1st party is like the Disney of videogames: mainly enjoyed by children, morons, and pedophiles.

The worst thing about the Deck is that Playstation isn't ready yet with day-1 PC ports. For everything else, and especially indie games with a budget where Nintendo mostly competes, the Deck could be the only gaming device you need for a really long time.

LOL the deck is simply a product for fiddling with.

Its not a real consumer device, because if it were sold on store shelves..........about a third of all people would be returning it for refunds

You are watching a review from a guy who is fiddling with the product to get those games working. You're not watching a video from a regular ole CNET guy who just loaded up the games during an afternoon and started testing them out.

And, you clearly see people on this forum enjoy Nintendo games...............they've clearly molested you, sexual, on some level, in order for you to harbor so much hatred.

Nintendo IS the best video game developer in the world. Its one of those things where, if you've noticed on video game message boards............people don't argue about anymore.

We use to argue this back in 2005/2008, maybe as recent as 10 years ago. But not anymore, because we all secretly know.

I think alot of people secretly got quiet when Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out, because we all that that was just going to be an expansion of the first game.

And then the majority of people stopped trying to make it an argument when they released Super Mario Odyssey and BoTW in the same year.

If you notice, popular youtubers like Dunkey like to shit on all types of games, but he absolutely raves over the Mario games. Its just undeniable, at this point. Feel bad for people who don't play those games, actually.

1 hour ago, jehurey said:

LOL the deck is simply a product for fiddling with.

Its not a real consumer device, because if it were sold on store shelves..........about a third of all people would be returning it for refunds

You are watching a review from a guy who is fiddling with the product to get those games working. You're not watching a video from a regular ole CNET guy who just loaded up the games during an afternoon and started testing them out.

And, you clearly see people on this forum enjoy Nintendo games...............they've clearly molested you, sexual, on some level, in order for you to harbor so much hatred.

Nintendo IS the best video game developer in the world. Its one of those things where, if you've noticed on video game message boards............people don't argue about anymore.

We use to argue this back in 2005/2008, maybe as recent as 10 years ago. But not anymore, because we all secretly know.

I think alot of people secretly got quiet when Super Mario Galaxy 2 came out, because we all that that was just going to be an expansion of the first game.

And then the majority of people stopped trying to make it an argument when they released Super Mario Odyssey and BoTW in the same year.

If you notice, popular youtubers like Dunkey like to shit on all types of games, but he absolutely raves over the Mario games. Its just undeniable, at this point. Feel bad for people who don't play those games, actually.

Holy fuck shut up :lul: 

And before you even think of responding to me

:willslap:

• dead 1