Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooh it's coming.. But fair enough. 

The DNC and its propaganda press have you so programmed that you're sending angry tweets to Elon?   If the lefty press hadn't been throwing a temper tantrum over losing control of Twitter,

Don't like it? Make your own Twitter (wait there's more)  

Posted Images

He's trying to do a pump and dump to make several hundreds of millions of dollars.

He secretly has accumulated 9% ownership without notifying the SEC, which is already subject to an investigation.

Twitter doesn't need his money, when there are several or multiple investors who can easily match or exceed what Musk is "offering"

Hint: Elon Musk isn't really "offering" to spend $43 billion. The majority of his wealth are in stocks, he probably doesn't even have anything close to $43 billion in liquidity on his own.

But he's saying it so that the market value is "established" around $43 billion. All of a sudden the stocks he bought around $39/share shoot up to $51/share. Twitter rejects his bid, and he gets to say "oh well, then I'll leave", and he sells off a large chunk of his stocks at a nice profit margin.

That's called a pump and dump.

Edited by jehurey
6 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Do they really feel so threatened by the fact that he might unban Trump and other conservatives to restore a degree of dignity and fairness to the platform? Its sad the lengths they'll go to inhibit free speech.

You are herby beholden to not lock any threads, move any threads, delete any posts or ban any spammer etc because you're removing their free speech and taking away from the dignity and fairness of system wars :umad:

13 hours ago, jehurey said:

He's trying to do a pump and dump to make several hundreds of millions of dollars.

He secretly has accumulated 9% ownership without notifying the SEC, which is already subject to an investigation.

Twitter doesn't need his money, when there are several or multiple investors who can easily match or exceed what Musk is "offering"

Hint: Elon Musk isn't really "offering" to spend $43 billion. The majority of his wealth are in stocks, he probably doesn't even have anything close to $43 billion in liquidity on his own.

But he's saying it so that the market value is "established" around $43 billion. All of a sudden the stocks he bought around $39/share shoot up to $51/share. Twitter rejects his bid, and he gets to say "oh well, then I'll leave", and he sells off a large chunk of his stocks at a nice profit margin.

That's called a pump and dump.

lol Twincel is such an ignorant little gremlin. Like this is millions/billions of dollars we're talking about and he thinks it's some woke consortium working to protect digital liberalism and not just wealthy people looking to protect their investments. It's fascinating how people hate capitalism but have to do mental gymnastics in order to blame something else. 

How's this for timely.

He's being sued for a PREVIOUS pump and dump attempt.

Take a look at the similarities between this previous incident, and what Elon was doing last week.

In a court filing out late Friday, shareholders who are suing Tesla and CEO Elon Musk over alleged securities fraud said they won part of a critical ruling in their class-action lawsuit.

The shareholders are suing Tesla over money they lost after Musk tweeted in 2018 that he was considering taking his electric vehicle company private at $420 per share and said he had funding secured to do so.

Tesla’s stock trading initially halted, then shares were highly volatile for weeks after the tweets. Musk later said that he had been in discussions with Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund and felt confident that funding would come through at his proposed price. A deal never materialized.

The Securities and Exchange Commission investigated and charged Musk with civil securities fraud as a result of those tweets. Tesla and Musk struck a revised settlement agreement in 2019 over those charges, but Musk is trying to terminate that agreement now.

Damages from the shareholders’ class-action lawsuit could amount to billions of dollars that would be paid by Musk and Tesla to those who are members of the class.

The shareholders’ attorneys said in the filing out Friday that Judge Edward M. Chen, who is presiding in this matter, had concluded that Musk acted with scienter — in other words, that he knowingly made false statements about having funding secured when he tweeted.

Nobody makes multi-billion dollar offers announcements in a tweet.

You only do that when you want to cause regular folk to start a rush on buying a stock, in order to drive up the price.

And he also lied about having the money secured at the time of the tweet.

That's, easily, a pump and dump scheme he's running. And those are illegal.

On 2022-04-16 at 8:39 PM, jehurey said:

How's this for timely.

He's being sued for a PREVIOUS pump and dump attempt.

Take a look at the similarities between this previous incident, and what Elon was doing last week.

Nobody makes multi-billion dollar offers announcements in a tweet.

You only do that when you want to cause regular folk to start a rush on buying a stock, in order to drive up the price.

And he also lied about having the money secured at the time of the tweet.

That's, easily, a pump and dump scheme he's running. And those are illegal.

So in one post you're saying it's bad he's talking about his offers on Twitter and then in another it's bad he secretly bought shares. Lol

3 hours ago, Cooke said:

They didn't seem to mind when Bezos bought WAPO. 

Did Bezos buy Amazon, or did he just buy ad space in the paper and "announce" he was thinking about buying it to make editorial changes? 

You can't be stupid and dishonest at the same time. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Did Bezos buy Amazon, or did he just buy ad space in the paper and "announce" he was thinking about buying it to make editorial changes? 

You can't be stupid and dishonest at the same time. 

Not sure what this means 

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Because you're dumb. 

what does bezos buying amazon have to do with anything? and no he didn't buy amazon, he founded it.  But if someone announced they were going to attempt to buy a company and take it private, who the fuck cares? Do you not tell anyone before making purchases? Are purchases supposed to be done in secret? Did you tell your mom you were going to buy a car or a house? Or maybe a cheeseburger? Who the fuck cares who Elon tells.  The guy likes to tell people his intentions, so fucking what? How evil of him. 

6 hours ago, Cooke said:

So in one post you're saying it's bad he's talking about his offers on Twitter and then in another it's bad he secretly bought shares. Lol

Both things are bad.

And I explain why each one is bad.

Here let me quickly recap them for you:

1.) Secretly buying shares.............they are secret because he was supposed to report him purchases to the SEC, but didn't.

2.) OFFERING to buy publicly............is not buying.  So how are you typing this like as if I said something contradictary when BUYING SOMETHING and NOT HAVING BOUGHT SOMETHING are two different things???????? He is publicly trying to manipulate the price of a publicly-traded stock by making a public statement, and it appears that he's lying about buying it because he doesn't have the liquid money to do it.

you're a dumbass, apparently. LOL

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Both things are bad.

And I explain why each one is bad.

Here let me quickly recap them for you:

1.) Secretly buying shares.............they are secret because he was supposed to report him purchases to the SEC, but didn't.

2.) OFFERING to buy publicly............is not buying.  So how are you typing this like as if I said something contradictary when BUYING SOMETHING and NOT HAVING BOUGHT SOMETHING are two different things???????? He is publicly trying to manipulate the price of a publicly-traded stock by making a public statement, and it appears that he's lying about buying it because he doesn't have the liquid money to do it.

you're a dumbass, apparently. LOL

lol which news network told you Elon would be bad for twitter? 

Just now, Cooke said:

lol which news network told you Elon would be bad for twitter? 

So you're trying to change the topic...........because you're too stupid to respond to what I said?

Just now, jehurey said:

So you're trying to change the topic...........because you're too stupid to respond to what I said?

Im not responding to your idiotic driveling attempt at sounding smart jehurey. You care because you were told to care. Face it. 

Elon Musk wants to buy Twitter, this upsets you cause of some reasons you don't really know but you think its bad because he doesn't align 100% with your political views.  

4 hours ago, Cooke said:

what does bezos buying amazon have to do with anything? and no he didn't buy amazon, he founded it.  But if someone announced they were going to attempt to buy a company and take it private, who the fuck cares? Do you not tell anyone before making purchases? Are purchases supposed to be done in secret? Did you tell your mom you were going to buy a car or a house? Or maybe a cheeseburger? Who the fuck cares who Elon tells.  The guy likes to tell people his intentions, so fucking what? How evil of him. 

lol I meant WAPO and accidentally put Amazaon. I admit I'm getting lazy but like its you, Twincel, and Ramza so it's like a bare knuckle fight against a sleepy 6 year old. I'll always state I'm not business expert but like anyone with half a brain realizes what Musk did is complete stupid shit only he would do. Being that you dont even have half of a brain you are some how of the mind that he can just buy any company he wants or something. That's not how it works. We're not talking about buying someone's used car or house. 

4 hours ago, Cooke said:

Elon Musk wants to buy Twitter, this upsets you cause of some reasons you don't really know but you think its bad because he doesn't align 100% with your political views.  

This is where you add your stupidity and intellectual dishonesty. Him not "buying" the company only interest you because of your alt right mentality. Even if his offer is at best a publicity stunt and at worst ghetto Tony Stark stupidly breaking laws by accident to troll the libs because he wont actually get in trouble for it. anyway. 

“As a result, I am offering to buy 100% of Twitter for $54.20 per share in cash, a 54% premium over the day before I began investing in Twitter and a 38% premium over the day before my investment was publicly announced,” he wrote. “My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder.”

These motherfuckers never had negotiations for this. Like was Twitter looking for new ownership? By final and best he's effectively setting the company's valuation and at the same time threatening to sell his nearly 10% stake at the same time. So in other words,  "Just so you know, Ive been buying your stocks daily for months now and I want to buy the whole company. Take my money or I'll tank your stock?" This sounds above board to you? Like even if this 100% on the straight, how can anyone blame a company for looking at their options? Its amazing how fucking moronic you can Twinblade can be. You guys are not special. You're pieces of shit. Not. Every. Single. Thing that happens in the world the cause of "Woke" people trying to take something you like away. Like what the fuck is wrong with you? I'm being as serious as ever in the fucking 15 FUCKING YEARS we've encountered each other. 

How are you so brain damaged that this situation is more of Iron Man vs the League of Liberals and not some obtuse internet troll making an offer he knows they'll have to refuse.

Let's say Musk is pretty smart. Because he is, and this is his isnt just about his ego. 

On March 25, before Musk disclosed the Twitter stake, he asked his tens of millions of followers on the platform: “Free speech is essential to a functioning democracy. Do you believe Twitter rigorously adheres to this principle?” He also suggested he may form his own social network if followers believed one may be needed.

1. He hints at creating a Twitter rival if need be. He loves his polls and shit. Fucking troll.

2. Announces he's invested in Twitter during some of it's lowest stock price.

3. Makes for all stock above current share price. While also threatening to sell his stock affectively driving the price down.

4. Twitter stock receives a bump in value since this publicity stunt. Including his obviously. (by accident I'm sure) Lol so he actually made money doing this shit. 

5. He gives himself a way out? Like he did "offer to buy the company." So if he does fire sale his stock it's not a pump and dump I suppose? Elon genuinely cares about internet racist and qanon conspiracist that he's going to drop over 50 billion dollars on something he himself admits can't make money? 

Like are you fucking for real? Yeah, you're right. Maybe AOC and Biden made some secret calls to Twitter's CEO and made sure that the Musk offer wouldn't be taken seriously or they would send Will and Jada Smith to visit him and his family. The libs did it again. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible

if he's communicating with twitter's board and making his offers..............via tweets............and he never communicated with them like ACTUAL BUSINESS PEOPLE DO, y'know, in person, in meetings.........then this "offer" was a complete stunt to begin with.

This is classic stock manipulation. This is illegal.

• Hot Sauce changed the title to Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?