Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?

5 hours ago, Twinblade said:

It’s being reported that half of Biden’s 22 million followers are bots/inactive accounts. 

This is why the deal was put on hold. It seems very likely that more than 5% of Twitter users are bots. If that’s the case then Musk is very much entitled to re-negotiate the deal considering that the original terms were not accurate.

Yeah, no shit. Anyone whose used Twitter more than five times knows that. Musk knew that ahead of time. 

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooh it's coming.. But fair enough. 

The DNC and its propaganda press have you so programmed that you're sending angry tweets to Elon?   If the lefty press hadn't been throwing a temper tantrum over losing control of Twitter,

Don't like it? Make your own Twitter (wait there's more)  

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Wow, you have a great vision of the right if you think a few crazy lunatics who think 'lizards rule the world' actually represent the party and it's interests. I have yet to see republicans bring forth those arguments in congress. 

Anti-vaxxing and climate denial are worse than lizards, and not that rare among conservatives. And much more dangerous than lizards, or mentioning that gender and sex are different.

1 hour ago, Substatic said:

Anti-vaxxing and climate denial are worse than lizards, and not that rare among conservatives. And much more dangerous than lizards, or mentioning that gender and sex are different.

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Oh yeah, I do understand. You admitted to not knowing what it meant, and embarrassed that you only know the term because of right wing social media so you created a laughable fiction about you choosing the word because it was soooo good.  We'd have to be as stupid as you to buy this bullshit. 

It' doesn't. What you said is still stupid. I'm no disputing or disproving that. 

I never said I didn't know the meaning, stop being ridiculous. Granted it's not a word I commonly use and not to mention English isn't my first language. So, if there's one fucking word where I found a recent new meaning, use it as such, in a context where many other people does it as well, then why I wouldn't I fucking do it too?

Because there's a chance YOU might misinterpret it? (even if you didn't)

Meme Reaction GIF

Oh, because it might have come from a conservative voice, is that it? Wow, I'm such a sinner. Must be from Alex Jones when he was discussing lizard people within the deep state... IS THAT IT? 

That clip for what I said is gold tho. I'll give you that much. :D 

2 hours ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Yeah, no shit. Anyone whose used Twitter more than five times knows that. Musk knew that ahead of time. 

They said the platform only had around less than %5 bots. It's quite doubtful now, it's probably higher.

Half are fucking bots. You didn't know that for certain, fuck off. 

15 minutes ago, Ramza said:

They said the platform only had around less than %5 bots. It's quite doubtful now, it's probably higher.

Half are fucking bots. You didn't know that for certain, fuck off. 

Anytime Trump would post they would be spam vote and commented on. You could notice dozens and dozens of automated responses to any of them just skimming the comments. Many within seconds of his tweet. The usernames would be like BobJones87574847 and they would have generic profiles. Most times you hear of big profile people, Trump included would whine they lost thousands of followers overnight it was most likely a bot purge and I doubt Twitter was getting rid of all of them on a regular basis. Half sounds like a lot but large accounts on there are littered with bot followers. 

Edited by Mr. Impossible
25 minutes ago, Mr. Impossible said:

Anytime Trump would post they would be spam vote and commented on. You could notice dozens and dozens of automated responses to any of them just skimming the comments. Many within seconds of his tweet. The usernames would be like BobJones87574847 and they would have generic profiles. Most times you hear of big profile people, Trump included would whine they lost thousands of followers overnight it was most likely a bot purge and I doubt Twitter was getting rid of all of them on a regular basis. Half sounds like a lot but large accounts on there are littered with bot followers. 

I didn't know bots were that common, I don't use Twitter. Still %50 of followers is quite a lot, you're telling me that's like permanent for any public figure and it's well known/archived?

I remember hearing there was a purge of bots when Musk was in the firs steps of buying the platform, a big one, but it wasn't millions of users, more like 100k-300k for some public figures.

So you're telling me that %5 or less bot users on the platform, that was stated by the company is correct, correct? Musk still has leverage to back out and not pay a penny as understand if he can prove that it was incorrect. Now I'm not going to presume his intention for wanting to back down and it's quite possible he was already aware of the loop hole that could get him to do just that in the first place. Or maybe I'm seeing too much in it.

This ain't really my topic of choice to be honest. Probably gonna turn into a lawsuit so I'll see what transpires then. lmao

Edited by Ramza
2 hours ago, Ramza said:

I didn't know bots were that common, I don't use Twitter. Still %50 of followers is quite a lot, you're telling me that's like permanent for any public figure and it's well known/archived?

I mean depends on the person. For a President there would be a shit ton. When Trump would tweet, there would be as many negative comments about him as positive, so having sympathetic bots help. I'm sure the same with Biden. 

2 hours ago, Ramza said:

I remember hearing there was a purge of bots when Musk was in the firs steps of buying the platform, a big one, but it wasn't millions of users, more like 100k-300k for some public figures.

So you're telling me that %5 or less bot users on the platform, that was stated by the company is correct, correct? Musk still has leverage to back out and not pay a penny as understand if he can prove that it was incorrect. Now I'm not going to presume his intention for wanting to back down and it's quite possible he was already aware of the loop hole that could get him to do just that in the first place. Or maybe I'm seeing too much in it.

This ain't really my topic of choice to be honest. Probably gonna turn into a lawsuit so I'll see what transpires then. lmao

I dont know what the percentages could be but 5% sounds ridiculously low. It's definitely gotta be in the double digits. It can also be tricky on their end to. There are legitimate bots that operate for legitimate users bot are portals from other sites or scheduled tweets. 

Trying to remove the Mickey Mouse copyright because a corporation disagrees with you on something extremely politically subjective is bizarre, and will never stand up in court.

Just like the Texas law that violates the first amendment will probably be knocked down again, just like in December.

Although neither of those 2 examples are as bad as recently banning hundreds of biographies, history books, and also textbooks that merely mention climate change/vaccines facts. Talk about low IQ.

Kinda of makes the "scandal" of Twitter merely enforcing it's TOS seem like a nothing burger.

Edited by Substatic

In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party," Musk wrote. "But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican."

interesting how one of the smartest people on the planet can also recognize that the Democratic Party is not what it used to be, instead having turned into the party of division & hate.

2 hours ago, Twinblade said:

In the past I voted Democrat, because they were (mostly) the kindness party," Musk wrote. "But they have become the party of division & hate, so I can no longer support them and will vote Republican."

interesting how one of the smartest people on the planet can also recognize that the Democratic Party is not what it used to be, instead having turned into the party of division & hate.

Let's put things into perspective, the same leftist who always whine about climate change disowned Elon Musk, the leading man behind the best selling electric car series in the world simply because he tried to buy Twitter and bring back free speech to it. You can't make this shit up.

Stifling political voices from the other side is more important to them than solving the climate change crisis. At least that's what I see behind it. Typical hypocrites.

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

He doesn't want to pay taxes. Biden wants billionaires to actually pay their fair share of taxes.  Republicans do not. 

He also doesn't like workers unions... Biden supports worker's unions. Republicans do not. 

47 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

He doesn't want to pay taxes. Biden wants billionaires to actually pay their fair share of taxes.  Republicans do not. 

He also doesn't like workers unions... Biden supports worker's unions. Republicans do not. 

Except there's a huge flaw with that logic. You do realize that he says he voted for democrats until now, which means he voted for Biden right? The same Biden who's tax raises for the rich was one of the main things he campaigned on....

4 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Except there's a huge flaw with that logic. You do realize that he says he voted for democrats until now, which means he voted for Biden right? The same Biden who's tax raises for the rich was one of the main things he campaigned on....

No sensible person believes musk voted democratic the last election given his well documented stance against the platform the democrats ran on.  Only easily duped clowns like yourself believe him :umad:

On 2022-05-22 at 4:40 AM, Goukosan said:

No sensible person believes musk voted democratic the last election given his well documented stance against the platform the democrats ran on.  Only easily duped clowns like yourself believe him :umad:

He said he voted democrat because they were the good guys. I think I'll take Musk own statement on his vote rather than some bitter low IQ clown on the internet. :umad:

7 hours ago, Ramza said:

He said he voted democrat because they were the good guys. I think I'll take Musk own statement on his vote rather than some bitter low IQ clown on the internet. :umad:

No surprise you prefer to be easily groomed.... Whoops I mean duped :umad:

On 2022-05-21 at 11:55 PM, Twinblade said:

Yeah, he seems so chill about it. 

An appeals court finds Florida's social media law unconstitutional : NPR

Anyone here who knows anything about how the constitution or law works knows these snowflake FL and TX bills will go nowhere.  Just like how the Disney copyright lunacy will go nowhere. This is cancel culture from the right, but they aren't even trying sound legal methods to do it.

Edited by Substatic
  • Hot Sauce changed the title to Why is Twitter trying so hard to prevent Elon Musk from taking it over?