Amnesia: Rebirth free on EGS next, XCOM2 right now

3 hours ago, Twinblade said:

Not Frictional’s best game but still a very solid time overall.

I think everyone agrees Soma was frictionals masterpiece. But every game I played from frictional was amazing. I love them :ben: 

just a reminder if anyone wants to play Amnesia: Rebirth and hasn't played Amnesia: The Dark Descent you should at least get familiar with the first games story since they are connect in some ways. Just my advice. 

tbh Soma is like the silent hill 2 equivalent when you think about it. It's a standalone game, the story is finished, there will be no sequels ever. And the main guy from frictional Thomas Grip ( :bow: i love this guy, just watch his takes on game development etc. ) said he was heavily inspired by SH2 to make Amnesia: The Dark Descent. 

Penumbra series owns as well, their first game projects

Edited by kaz
56 minutes ago, kaz said:

I think everyone agrees Soma was frictionals masterpiece. But every game I played from frictional was amazing. I love them :ben: 

just a reminder if anyone wants to play Amnesia: Rebirth and hasn't played Amnesia: The Dark Descent you should at least get familiar with the first games story since they are connect in some ways. Just my advice. 

tbh Soma is like the silent hill 2 equivalent when you think about it. It's a standalone game, the story is finished, there will be no sequels ever. And the main guy from frictional Thomas Grip ( :bow: i love this guy, just watch his takes on game development etc. ) said he was heavily inspired by SH2 to make Amnesia: The Dark Descent. 

Penumbra series owns as well, their first game projects

I realize its a small team but they need to either invest more in their engine or just switch to something like UE5 for the next game. Rebirth at times looks like a PC game from 15 years ago.

And yeah Penumbra Black Plague is not just one of the best horror games i've ever played but I would honestly put it on my list of all time favorite games. It was one of my first PC horror games and I remember being blown away by it.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I realize its a small team but they need to either invest more in their engine or just switch to something like UE5 for the next game. Rebirth at times looks like a PC game from 15 years ago.

And yeah Penumbra Black Plague is not just one of the best horror games i've ever played but I would honestly put it on my list of all time favorite games. It was one of my first PC horror games and I remember being blown away by it.

oh ya, I remember when I played Rebirth for the first time I mentioned to you that I thought the graphics were ok. And I mean, they are, but they could definitely benefit from modern graphics.

I changed my mind by the end of the game, some parts looked very bland, the atmosphere was still top notch but even I was looking for more and SOMA too wasn't exactly a graphical showcase at that time.

I'm so glad you enjoyed black plague, man. I know I mentioned the fan projects to you before but did you ever play Penumbra: Necrologue and Penumbra: Twilight of the Archaic? The fan made continuation of the story was actually very satisfying for me. 

They are both full mod conversions of amnesia the dark descent and free to download

Edited by kaz
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, kaz said:

oh ya, I remember when I played Rebirth for the first time I mentioned to you that I thought the graphics were ok. And I mean, they are, but they could definitely benefit from modern graphics.

I changed my mind by the end of the game, some parts looked very bland, the atmosphere was still top notch but even I was looking for more and SOMA too wasn't exactly a graphical showcase at that time.

I'm so glad you enjoyed black plague, man. I know I mentioned the fan projects to you before but did you ever play Penumbra: Necrologue and Penumbra: Twilight of the Archaic? The fan made continuation of the story was actually very satisfying for me. 

They are both full mod conversions of amnesia the dark descent and free to download

I've never heard of those mods but I might have to check them out at some point.

• Ben 1
1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

I've never heard of those mods but I might have to check them out at some point.

bro, I told you about them in a pm when we talked about horror games :D  

get em, they are a direct continuation of Penumbra story when black plague ends. first Necrologue, then Twilight of the Archaic. So good, I wanna know what you think of them. 

I have to bump this because I want everyone to play AMNESIA: REBIRTH

IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED AMNESIA: THE DARK DESCENT at least get a story recap

Edited by kaz
13 hours ago, kaz said:

I have to bump this because I want everyone to play AMNESIA: REBIRTH

IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED AMNESIA: THE DARK DESCENT at least get a story recap

so whats the gameplay in these games?

are these walking simulators, and the main thing to do in this game is to get scared?